WOW!! A Fabulous Fall Trip to HRH Sept-Oct '18-& Live TR's 8/5-8/7, 9/7-9/9!!Plus Bonus TR 11/1-11/3

So, our 8/5-8/7 trip to Orlando was just Troy and I. So nice to have a couple of mother/son days!!:goodvibes

thumbnail_IMG_2250 (1).jpg

I stayed at Troy's apartment and we fit in a lot of fun in two days!!:)

- had lunch at HRH at The Kitchen!!

- spent 2 days at Universal going to both parks!

- had a great DIS meet at Universal with Monykalyn and her DH!! :) Such a wonderful and fun couple!!:goodvibes

- had a great brunch at Hash House a Go Go that I've heard so much about!
Here's one more look at those humongous portions! That's ONE pancake!! Troy couldn't finish it! and my meal was SO MUCH FOOD!!

thumbnail_IMG_2344.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2347.jpg

WOW!!!! :goodvibes

Last edited:
Ok- so one move down!:cool1: Kyle, Erin, and the cats were successfully moved into their new home in Ft. Lauderdale. :thumbsup2

Erin started her new job, and Kyle started medical school!!:goodvibes Yay, Kyle!!:cheer2:

thumbnail_IMG_2503.jpg

But....we have Troy to move still............

A few weeks later, Joe returned to Orlando to move Troy's furniture and belongings out of his apartment and into a storage unit. Troy plans to move back to Orlando upon graduation from college in May 2019. I stayed home because I was cat sitting for my sister who was on vacation. Kyle drove up to Orlando for the day to assist in the move. We hired a moving company to do the heavy lifting! :thumbsup2 They were amazing! So efficient!!

Joe returned home, while Troy stayed a few more days to spend some time with friends! He had a lot of farewell gatherings planned! He made so many new friends in Orlando!! The apartment lease wasn't up until mid-September so Troy stayed in his apartment with only a few things- and an air bed to sleep on!

We all would return after Labor Day to finish cleaning out the apartment and turn in the keys!! We can't go to Orlando and just clean an apartment, can we???? We can make time for some fun, right?? ::yes::

Trip #2 in the TR!!:banana:

Trip #2- 9/7-9/9 took us to the JW Marriott!! We found a fantastic rate and had a wonderful weekend there!!
Such a lovely resort with top notch staff!! As Marriott Elite members, we were offered an upgrade to a suite, but opted to stay in a regular room because the suite only had one real bed and a sofa bed. Troy would not have been comfortable in a sofa bed and the regular rooms are spacious enough for us!!

It's hard to venture offsite from Universal and especially away from the HRH, but we absolutely loved the JW and look forward to staying there again on a future trip!:thumbsup2

thumbnail_IMG_2596.jpg

We spent Friday cleaning out the rest of Troy's apartment and moving the items to his storage unit. We had the manager do an inspection of the apartment. She commented how clean it was! Troy (with our help at times) did a great job at housekeeping!!:thumbsup2

So, that left Saturday & Sunday for fun!!:cheer2:

We did a good job of squeezing in loads of fun in 2 short days!!

Saturday-

- had lunch at HRH at The Kitchen:love:

- enjoyed both US and IOA!!:thumbsup2

- attended the Marvel character dinner! Had a delicious dinner and fun character interactions! Never too old to be WOWed by meeting super heroes!!:goodvibes

1876266_106058143.jpg

Sunday we spent the morning and afternoon at Sea World!!:lovestruc We just love it there!!:)

315950_29534937.jpg

I purchased an AP for this visit- the perks came with a free ticket and a great discount on another ticket!:thumbsup2 The plan will be to get AP's for Joe & Troy as well!! So, next year we can visit often!!:goodvibes

Ok, two moves down!! Both kids are where they belong for now!! Yay!!party:

Next up....... time for the relaxing trip!!:cheer2:

Relaxing_Here835.jpg

Ah- yes- The Relaxing Trip!!:beach:

We so looked forward to our long trip- 9/27-10/6!! We spent it in our most favorite place -the HRH!! Rock Royalty Level!! Thank you 35% Stay More Save More rates!!:thumbsup2

I can't say enough good things about the HRH! It was love at first stay for me! And to convert this soft rock loving girl( Air Supply & Barry Manilow for me!!) to a rock -n-roll hotel says it all!! For years we stayed between the Royal Pacific and Portofino Bay hotels when visiting Universal. As the boys got older, Joe and I decided to try the Hard Rock hotel- thinking they would like the lively atmosphere! Well- we all fell in love with the HRH! :lovestruc

The friendly & fun staff (who spoil the guests!), the spectacular hotel rooms & grounds, the proximity to the parks- just WOW!!!:) The staff have become extended family to us!! The staff here truly know how to treat & spoil guests. And when you are members of the Hard Rock Rewards program, you accrue points for free stays. To date, we have accrued and stayed for 4 FREE nights and have an additional 2 FREE nights to use, too!!:thumbsup2 And as frequent visitors known by the staff so well, we are also treated to a few little surprises!:goodvibes

We had Room #7017! It was away from the lounge- which we always request as we like a quieter area! This is who greeted us on our way back to our room:

thumbnail_IMG_2796 (3).jpg

Love all the details in the room!!
Drumstick art work!

thumbnail_IMG_3604.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3601.jpg

We met so many nice people here!!

thumbnail_IMG_3598.jpg

In our room we enjoyed peace and quiet!!

thumbnail_IMG_3600.jpg

Last edited:
You're making me glad we decided on HRH for our first Universal trip next fall!

Glad that my TR has been helpful to you!! Thanks so much for reading along!:)

You will love HRH and Universal!! :goodvibes

The time will fly- your trip will be here before you know it! Can't wait to hear all about it!!:thumbsup2

So, we DID relax on our 9 night trip!! There are some things we just didn't get to do:

- never made it to Islands of Adventure- nope- just went to US and only 3 times! Twice for HHN and once for just a couple of hours!

- never made it to City Walk

- didn't try Hard Rock Cafe as planned

- didn't have a special dinner at The Palm

We were fine with all of this!! We've been to the parks so many times that we didn't feel bad missing park time on this trip! We actually LOVED spending so much time at the hotel and in the lounge.:love: We made great use of all of the food offerings, so we didn't feel the need to spend money on an expensive dinner. We were fine with the lounge offerings! Certainly didn't want to overeat or needlessly spend money! So, we were happy with just paying for lunches.

We had 3 lunches at The Kitchen! Just love that place!!:thumbsup2

thumbnail_IMG_2261.jpg

So what did we do???

- Attended HHN twice- with 2 private RIP tours. The first tour included our family and some friends!! The second tour we joined was led by Macraven and included other DISers!! We met so many wonderful people!
See you next year!:thumbsup2
WOW!!

- Attended HRH Velvet Sessions with Tony Lewis from The Outfield performing. Great show!!:thumbsup2
WOW!!

- Spent a day At EPCOT- enjoyed many delicious F&W offerings and attended a wine tasting seminar!:)
WOW!!

- Spent an amazing day at Discovery Cove!! Met Coral and Akai the dolphins!:cloud9:
WOW!!

- Had a superb cabana day!! The best part of that day included fun DIS meets with Tgrgrl & LynneG!! :)
WOW!!

- Spent so many wonderful hours in the Rock Royalty lounge!!:cloud9: Had great food & drinks!! We visited with the staff we know, met some new staff, and made new friends with fellow vacationers!!
We met and chatted with the HRH Managing Director, Carlton Hudson!! Certainly one of the biggest highlights of our trip!!:)
WOW!!

- JOE AND I RELAXED!!
WOW!!

c9a8ae9ccc44001e362569448ea191e5.jpg

So, we did enjoy our relaxing trip!! But.... the moving isn't done yet!!!

1qsi6m.jpg

Oh yes!

So, the last trip in this report included our fun day and a half in Orlando before driving a rented minivan home to Buffalo, NY with the bedroom furniture we had in storage !!

We had a great time trying a new resort- The Sheraton Vistana
- went to US and IOA
- had dinner and attended the Ferrytale Fireworks cruise with Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina and Steve
- had more Disney fun at The Wave for breakfast and touring the Contemporary!

Made it back home with the furniture!!:cheer2:

When you walk out by Bay Lake, you don't feel like you're at Disney! It looks so remote!
Love that area!! When we stayed at Fort Wilderness in June taking a boat to Contemporary was so relaxing. DH had some work stuff to do so I went with while kids hung out at cabin. We had lunch up at the QS place but ate in bar area with a frosty beverage and view.
had a great DIS meet at Universal with Monykalyn and her DH!! :) Such a wonderful and fun couple!!:goodvibes
Oh my gosh we had fun! Can't believe how fast time went at STrongwater Tavern!! and HUGE thanks again to Troy for being designated driver!!!!

What's next?????
What indeed???

What a busy year!!!! That just makes me tired reading it :faint: I enjoyed reading along with you about your many adventures. Can't wait to hear about your next adventure you might have planned. After such a busy year, you might be needing some more " down and relaxing " time :rolleyes1 lol

Love that area!! When we stayed at Fort Wilderness in June taking a boat to Contemporary was so relaxing. DH had some work stuff to do so I went with while kids hung out at cabin. We had lunch up at the QS place but ate in bar area with a frosty beverage and view.

I love Ft Wilderness!! So peaceful!!:) Would love to buy a camper and move in there for a while in the winter someday!!:thumbsup2

Oh my gosh we had fun! Can't believe how fast time went at STrongwater Tavern!! and HUGE thanks again to Troy for being designated driver!!!!

Yes- it was SO MUCH FUN!! Troy had a fabulous time!! Can't wait til our next get together!:goodvibes

What indeed???

Well... as I write this, we're on a plane headed for Ft. Lauderdale! Spending Turkey day with Kyle!!:cool1:

What a busy year!!!! That just makes me tired reading it :faint: I enjoyed reading along with you about your many adventures. Can't wait to hear about your next adventure you might have planned. After such a busy year, you might be needing some more " down and relaxing " time :rolleyes1 lol

Yes- it's been quite the year!! But it's been crazy in good ways!! :) And if we had to do all this moving, Florida is about the best place to do it!! We managed to squeeze in a lot of fun along the way!!::yes::

Thanks so much for reading along!! :)

Yep- R&R is much needed and right now, we are headed to Ft. Lauderdale to spend Thanksgiving with Kyle!! My 86 year old mom is with us! So, the next few days we'll just be chilling in the sunny weather enjoying some family time!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter