WOW First time by myself

nkkilala

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone!
I just realized that my trip in May will be my first trip without my mother.
background:
I am a 20 year old college student who is going to WDW in May with My boyfriend and two of his friends ( all three of them are disney virgins).
I was wondering if anyone had any tips about things I might not be familar with. Tipping, extra fees, anythign that you normally take care of that your kids don't know about. The 'behind the scenes' of traveling to disney world. I know it is expensive and have the cost taken care of (mostly thanks to one of the friends who is going and works for ESPN aka HUGE room discount and fee entry to parks).
If you have any tips for me that would be great! I have flown numerous times by myself and shouldn't need much help there (but ANY tips would be apperciated)
I finally feel like I'm growing up! I am going to miss my mom on the trip but hey, i got to cut the cord sometime right??

Have a Delightful Day!

hope you have a fun time!!!

which hotel are you staying at?

the value resorts vs deluxe resorts - you have to tip more in the deluxe resorts...

if you are staying on WDW property and it is after May 5 - you may quality for WDW magic express.

I was a disney virgin this past dec w/my SO vetran family. As for you helping your friends think of things that you might not be aware of. Make M.K. or Epcot the first park you hit. These trully feel like disney. (my first park was AK and i felt a lil dissapointed intially). Next, I didnt like going to DTD on the first day there (before we hit any parks) because I felt like I wasnt at disney, that I was at a marketing scam (remind you this was my first time). Also, be a great tour guide and point out little things to your friends. Or any facts that you know, or hidden mickeys etc. What is common to you is new to them. Also perhaps doing a charecter dinner would be something kinda fun? (might wanna consider PS for any busy rest. u wanna visit). For me these were things I learned from my trip. I hope your trip is a great one!

I just finished my Mouse Keeping tipping envelopes (with money already inside).

Just an update I am staying at the BWI for the first time with out parents.
If you have any advice please let me know what to expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter