Wow - looks packed at MK today! (ride wait times) - April 2nd

oceanmarina

DIS Veteran
Yes, I have always heard Easter week is one of the "crazy crowded" weeks to go, but I am on my "Lines" app and my head is spinning looking at some of these wait times :scared1: - 75 minutes Dumbo (I haven't seen lines that long for Dumbo since before they built the 2nd one!), 80 minutes Barnstormer, 180 7DMT, 90 Tomorrow Land Speedway....yikes!

I was thinking of possibly doing a short stay next Easter week, but seeing these wait times has made me reconsider.

I'm curious, is this Easter week more crowded in the parks than the February Presidents Day week & Christmas week?

Hope everyone there is having a fantastic time though :flower1:

Yes, I have always heard Easter week is one of the "crazy crowded" weeks to go, but I am on my "Lines" app and my head is spinning looking at some of these wait times :scared1: - 75 minutes Dumbo (I haven't seen lines that long for Dumbo since before they built the 2nd one!), 80 minutes Barnstormer, 180 7DMT, 90 Tomorrow Land Speedway....yikes!

I was thinking of possibly doing a short stay next Easter week, but seeing these wait times has made me reconsider.

I'm curious, is this Easter week more crowded in the parks than the
1. February Presidents Day week &
2. Christmas week?

1. Yes
2. No

I'm curious, is this Easter week more crowded in the parks than the February Presidents Day week & Christmas week?

We were here Presidents a Day week this year and are here now. Just one day at HS so far (today) and this is definitely more crowded.

They aren’t running enough boats either from the Boardwalk (left The Dolphin at 8:45 am and there was a huge line for the boat. Line was still into the main pathway when the boat was full. We walked and not one boat passed us as we walked to HS. Not one) and lots of dining options at HS were closed this morning (every single dining option was closed on Sunset Blvd at 10 am this morning. Anaheim Produce. Rosie’s. Fairfax Fare. None opened until at least 10:30). Crowded weeks would be much more pleasant if everything were open and running at full capacity.

We just got back last night from being there all week and I can honestly tell you those were the worst crowds we have EVER seen. Even Figment had a wait time of 50 minutes!!! We were really only able to ride our FP rides and spent the rest of the time watching shows, shopping and figuring out ways to kill time until our next FP. We've done Spring Break week before and have always found it to be manageable. But we'll never do it again if it is the same week as Easter week.

We were here Presidents a Day week this year and are here now. Just one day at HS so far (today) and this is definitely more crowded.

They aren’t running enough boats either from the Boardwalk (left The Dolphin at 8:45 am and there was a huge line for the boat. Line was still into the main pathway when the boat was full. We walked and not one boat passed us as we walked to HS. Not one) and lots of dining options at HS were closed this morning (every single dining option was closed on Sunset Blvd at 10 am this morning. Anaheim Produce. Rosie’s. Fairfax Fare. None opened until at least 10:30). Crowded weeks would be much more pleasant if everything were open and running at full capacity.
None of them serve breakfast. Very little serves breakfast in any of the parks, for Quick Service. Always has been an issue. So that has nothing to do with not being at full capacity. They aren't ever open for till lunch.

None of them serve breakfast. Very little serves breakfast in any of the parks, for Quick Service. Always has been an issue. So that has nothing to do with not being at full capacity. They aren't ever open for till lunch.
What I meant was that on extremely crowded days they should open earlier than normal to accommodate crowds- so Starbucks doesn’t have to take everyone. If not for breakfast, then just for some fruit, pretzels, and drinks.

Magic Kingdom today was human soup. Wait times nothing I would get in. Food lines were out the doors and down the "streets" until around 4 pm then all food lines looked good until we left at 6:30 pm. Lines outside the doors for bathrooms. Lines at drink kiosks. Line just to walk through the mister in Tomorrowland. Lots of lines .... and to places unknown. HM line went down the ferry boat ramp and wrapped somewhere? Tomorrowland Speedway was along fence almost to Storybookland, Splash filled all those queues in it's courtyard and still went out past the entrance. I saw people in line ... I don't know what they were even in line for.

We woke up and made our FP+ and we did fine, we rolled a few during the day and were okay with what we did .... but we go often. I would never come back again this week if it were a rare trip for me. Last year, this same week was really very nice .... but add Easter to this week, it was completely different experience. We have Tuesday and Wednesday and depending on how they are will determine if we bother with a park Thursday or just go home.

FP+ we (3) got this am in hotel room = Splash Mountain, 7DMT and Speedway. The rest of the day we were able to pick up Peter Pan, Pirates, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain ... and we did HM, had TS lunch at LTT, had two snack breaks and sat for 40 minutes in spot to hopefully see rocket launch (too cloudy). All this in about 7 hours.

BUT had we not known how to work the FP+ app well, I would have been frustrated.

Last edited:

I always appreciate reports like this on the non-MK parks as it gives a better indication how crowds are in the whole of WDW. Magic Kingdom(like Universal's Potter land) is almost always crowded. When we get reports about the other 3 parks being jam-packed...THEN we know that WDW is truly crowded.

Magic Kingdom today was human soup. Wait times nothing I would get in. Food lines were out the doors and down the "streets" until around 4 pm then all food lines looked good until we left at 6:30 pm. Lines outside the doors for bathrooms. Lines at drink kiosks. Line just to walk through the mister in Tomorrowland. Lots of lines .... and to places unknown. HM line went down the ferry boat ramp and wrapped somewhere? Tomorrowland Speedway was along fence almost to Storybookland, Splash filled all those queues in it's courtyard and still went out past the entrance. I saw people in line ... I don't know what they were even in line for.

We woke up and made our FP+ and we did fine, we rolled a few during the day and were okay with what we did .... but we go often. I would never come back again this week if it were a rare trip for me. Last year, this same week was really very nice .... but add Easter to this week, it was completely different experience. We have Tuesday and Wednesday and depending on how they are will determine if we bother with a park Thursday or just go home.

FP+ we (3) got this am in hotel room = Splash Mountain, 7DMT and Speedway. The rest of the day we were able to pick up Peter Pan, Pirates, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain ... and we did HM, had TS lunch at LTT, had two snack breaks and sat for 40 minutes in spot to hopefully see rocket launch (too cloudy). All this in about 7 hours.

BUT had we not known how to work the FP+ app well, I would have been frustrated.
Totally agree. We were at HS yesterday and had ToT, TS, and ST fastpasses. Went to 11 am B and the B and the theater was half full by 10:30.

We came because we have APs and were off from school. But if this were my only trip to WDW, I’m sure I wouldn’t be back.

I wonder what percentage of people who go really know the FP+ game well

You did very well

Those photos are mental.

I suppose the silver lining is many must be thinking 'never again'.

I'm hoping end of July is quieter, but I'm worried that Toy Story Land may bring more people in.

Those photos are mental.

I suppose the silver lining is many must be thinking 'never again'.

I'm hoping end of July is quieter, but I'm worried that Toy Story Land may bring more people in.

I am seeing a competitor of the Dis also post pictures of the FP lines, with Splash Mountains going past the bridge in front it it; and even Monster's Laugh Floor going to the entrance of Tomorrowland!!!

Its really making me sweat for my August trip.

I know I went last year shortly after Pandora opened, and from my experience it absolutely helps soak up crowds.

At this rate, I just need to unplug from the internet until August!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter