Wow - looks packed at MK today! (ride wait times) - April 2nd

Magic Kingdom was awful today too 4/4. At one point, 7 dwarves, Winnie the Pooh, and Peter Pan we’re closed at the same time meaning they were giving anytime fast passes to everyone. DUMBO had a 90 minute wait at one point. The fast pass line for Big Thunder started by pecos bill. I have never seen ANYTHING like this. I was here Thanksgiving day and I would take thosr crowds everyday over today.

Magic Kingdom was awful today too 4/4. At one point, 7 dwarves, Winnie the Pooh, and Peter Pan we’re closed at the same time meaning they were giving anytime fast passes to everyone. DUMBO had a 90 minute wait at one point. The fast pass line for Big Thunder started by pecos bill. I have never seen ANYTHING like this. I was here Thanksgiving day and I would take thosr crowds everyday over today.
Pecos Bill?? For BTMRR? Wow. That’s terrible.

Yesterday was EMH in the MK, so that probably made lines worse than the rest of the week. At least, I hope it did. And three big rides going down can certainly mess up a lot of things. We will be back in the MK today, so I hope it’s not as bad.

Were you able to enjoy your day anyway?

Pecos Bill?? For BTMRR? Wow. That’s terrible.

Yesterday was EMH in the MK, so that probably made lines worse than the rest of the week. At least, I hope it did. And three big rides going down can certainly mess up a lot of things. We will be back in the MK today, so I hope it’s not as bad.

Were you able to enjoy your day anyway?
I was there from about 230-10. Was able to do Carousel of progress, people mover, FP Big Thunder, FP splash mountain, hall of presidents, FP 7 dwarves, HEA Dessert Party, FP space mountain. So all in all..yes I still got to do probably the 4 biggest rides and 3 smaller attractions. The only way I got space mountain was by refreshing probably 50 times haha

I hope you are right! We fly down on the 14th and I am praying the crowds die down before then. I honestly don't think I could handle the crowds I'm seeing in pictures this week...

That's when I'm going down. It's my oldest childs last year of preschool so I figured I could pull him out of school without a problem. My area in Michigan has spring break this week.

I did see that almost all of the Disney rooms were booked out except a couple suites priced over $500. Do rooms always book out or does that mean higher crowds?

We were here Presidents a Day week this year and are here now. Just one day at HS so far (today) and this is definitely more crowded.

They aren’t running enough boats either from the Boardwalk (left The Dolphin at 8:45 am and there was a huge line for the boat. Line was still into the main pathway when the boat was full. We walked and not one boat passed us as we walked to HS. Not one) and lots of dining options at HS were closed this morning (every single dining option was closed on Sunset Blvd at 10 am this morning. Anaheim Produce. Rosie’s. Fairfax Fare. None opened until at least 10:30). Crowded weeks would be much more pleasant if everything were open and running at full capacity.

Breakfast at DHS? How I wish.

I did see that almost all of the Disney rooms were booked out except a couple suites priced over $500. Do rooms always book out or does that mean higher crowds?

I am going that week too starting on the 18th. The reason all the rooms are booked is because the Star Wars half marathon is that week (starts on the 19th-22nd). I have looked at many, many blogs and websites to see if it would be an issue and the unanimous consensus is that the marathon does not cause a big increase in crowds in the parks since people are there to stay the hotels and take part in the race events. It is telling that the park hours that week are pretty short (MK is 9am-10pm most days, not including EMH), so Disney is obviously not expecting a ton of people in the parks or they would have extended hours.

However, Disney transportation will likely be slower due to the logistics of the races. You can find the race locations and times on the Disney World website in the "park hours" for the week.

I am going that week too starting on the 18th. The reason all the rooms are booked is because the Star Wars half marathon is that week (starts on the 19th-22nd). I have looked at many, many blogs and websites to see if it would be an issue and the unanimous consensus is that the marathon does not cause a big increase in crowds in the parks since people are there to stay the hotels and take part in the race events. It is telling that the park hours that week are pretty short (MK is 9am-10pm most days, not including EMH), so Disney is obviously not expecting a ton of people in the parks or they would have extended hours.

However, Disney transportation will likely be slower due to the logistics of the races. You can find the race locations and times on the Disney World website in the "park hours" for the week.

Oh yes! I do remember seeing the star wars marathon. We are booked at Coronado and I saw they have several buildings empty for renovations. I've been looking for a room for my dad for the 18th-20th for over a month and haven't found anything for him. I sent him to the Dolphin.

I'm skipping, haven't read all comments, but I'm curious why anyone was even remotely surprised by this? It's Easter week... it's always very busy! It's always been one of the busiest times of the year. Is it really that much busier, compared to other Easter weeks?

we’ve never been here this time of year and added on this week before our cruise on saturday. it’s an absolute hellscape. and i say that with a smile because we’re actually not having a bad time. it’s just.... the most intense experience. we are february visitors and the weather and crowds right now are a rude awakening for us! like i said, we’re having a fine time because we planned lots of down/pool time and lowered our expectations a ton....but it’s safe to say we won’t willingly return this time of year again.

we’ve enjoyed our fast passes and used rope drop strategies and used rider swap (we have a 9 month old) to the best of our advantage but it’s still a lot. we’ve pixie dusted our swap fast passes for stuff like big thunder and mine train because even the fp return lines have been taking so long. we got some great pixie dust this morning though...we were given complimentary premium parking at animal kingdom, enjoyed the river ride at rope drop, had a FOP fp and were back out of the park by 9. went back to our resort (AKL) and got a last minute unplanned breakfast reservation at boma. when it was time to pay, turns out another family checking out had leftover dining credits and dusted our family with a free meal.

so the crowds are nasty, the weather is hot soup....but we’re still happy! (and i am NOT one of those people who is always cheerful and positive even when things suck. haha)

I'm skipping, haven't read all comments, but I'm curious why anyone was even remotely surprised by this? It's Easter week... it's always very busy! It's always been one of the busiest times of the year. Is it really that much busier, compared to other Easter weeks?
It’s our first Easter week because our spring break usually doesn’t fall right at Easter. Therefore, I don’t know what Easter is usually like. But I do know Thanksgiving week, Fourth of July, September, October, June, and President’s Day week. And I can say this week has been by far more crowded than anything Inhave ever experienced.

I hear so many people complaining that they would never come back nor recommend coming during Easter week, yet Easter is still packed- and Disney World has seen a lot of Easters. MK is not full of all Easter newbies. There must be people here who have been Easter and chosen to come back. That and park trends tells me that this one may be more crowded than most previous ones, but I could be wrong.

It’s our first Easter week because our spring break usually doesn’t fall right at Easter. Therefore, I don’t know what Easter is usually like. But I do know Thanksgiving week, Fourth of July, September, October, June, and President’s Day week. And I can say this week has been by far more crowded than anything Inhave ever experienced.

I hear so many people complaining that they would never come back nor recommend coming during Easter week, yet Easter is still packed- and Disney World has seen a lot of Easters. MK is not full of all Easter newbies. There must be people here who have been Easter and chosen to come back. That and park trends tells me that this one may be more crowded than most previous ones, but I could be wrong.

This-

If you plan on hitting the parks, I don't know how a trip during Easter week could even be enjoyable.

We arrived last Thursday and left yesterday afternoon and I was terrified about crowds before the trip. We had a group of 16 for 4 nights and then we were a group of 7 for the last 2 so I knew it would be a challenge moving us all through the parks. The most unpleasant WDW trip I've had was during March several years back so I always try to avoid the spring break/Easter season but it could not be avoided for this trip with extended family.

It was definitely crowded and required some planning and adjustments but had a great time and didn't find it unpleasant at all. Part of our crew landed at 5:45 pm on Thursday evening and arrived at the hotel around an hour later. We managed to get them to our villas to freshen up and drop their bags, hop on the Disney bus from Kidani (I had considered taking Uber to speed things up) and we still managed to ride the Safari and Navi River (both with FP) Everest twice, Kali River Rapids and stop to eat pretty leisurely at Flame Tree before the park closed at 11:00 pm. We could have also gotten on Dinosaur at the end of the night if we wanted but no one felt like walking over that way after a long travel day.

Despite my best efforts, I can't get this group to do rope drop as a whole (a small group of us did rope drop to get on FOP on Sunday morning but that was it) and we took time to have leisurely sit down meals (Tutto Italia, Hollywood and Vine Seasonal Dine, Chefs de France, Boma for Easter Brunch) but we still managed to get on almost every thing we wanted to do during a short trip (half of our group arrived Thursday night and left on Monday morning - the rest of us stayed and had more relaxing pool days at the end.) We also stopped a lot for snacks, coffee breaks and drinks. The only things we didn't manage to do that I wish we had were the Mine Train and Test Track and we probably could have fit both in if we were willing to wait. In one day at MK we managed to fit in Space, Splash, Mansion, BTMRR, Mermaid, Small World, Dumbo, People Mover, Pirates, Magic Carpets, the regular train, Peoplemover, HEA all with a break to go to Epcot via the Boardwalk where we also stopped to get some ice cream.

I will say that I noticed the crowds seemed worse on our final couple of days. I went over to DAK for a few hours on Monday and the lines at Pizzafari were nuts and we had to trek over to Africa with our food to find a place to sit and eat outside Tusker House. We did a little monorail resort touring before we left on Wednesday and the MK area did seem busier than when we had been there earlier in the week.

We never waited very long for buses or for security/turnstile lines and we never really found ourselves in those hellish looking crowded walkways. The buses themselves were also never TOO crowded. The previous trip I had taken during spring break season was honestly unpleasant to the point where it was not nice to be in the park at all even if you didn't care about going on rides. It was the only trip where I ever just said "Forget it!" and left a park before I had planned. This past week was not close to that at all even though it was quite busy.

I just got back from Tokyo Disney Resorts big Easter... thing...
Most rides had 170 - 210 minutes wait...... all fastpasses GONE.

actually i do have one major complaint. the lack of sufficient air conditioning in most rides/queues. it’s been super uncomfortable. the only one that has been cool and comfortable was mine train.

If anyone follows disney food blog on IG, check out her story. Space mountain standby line was past Auntie Gravity's! :sad2:

actually i do have one major complaint. the lack of sufficient air conditioning in most rides/queues. it’s been super uncomfortable. the only one that has been cool and comfortable was mine train.

This is a tough one. I've had that feeling too on a stifling hot and humid day. On the opposite end, I've also heard complaints of there being too much air conditioning as well, when people are coming in and out of buildings. Against a sweaty shirt or after it rained, it feels good at first but then quickly becomes unpleasantly clammy.

Either Disney's air conditioning systems don't work well enough, they don't have them adjusted to the right temperature (some people say for cost savings but I'm skeptical of that), or it's just really hard to strike the right balance that satisfies everyone in the Florida weather. I'm sure there can be (and have been) whole threads on this topic.

We are on day 2 and it’s WAY better. We just got on TSM in maybe 10 min. RnR 15 min...at almost 1:00! Even FOP posted at 110!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter