Wow - looks packed at MK today! (ride wait times) - April 2nd

I was there that week and can say it was INSANELY CROWDED. I could not believe it. I know it is a very busy week, often the 2nd or 3rd busiest of the year, but since I had just been at Christmas I felt that it wouldn't be as bad. I always thought Christmas week and the week after Christmas were the busiest. This past week put Christmas to shame. Epcot was truly unbearable. They also quit giving out FPs around 4:00pm I have never seen or heard of that and it never once happened during our Christmas trip. It forced us out of the park because our only option at that point was to wait in ridiculously long lines and Epcot doesn't have a lot to day as far as attractions are concerned.

Edit: Don't panic over long FP lines. Space Mountain was way backed up and Buzz Lightyear practically went out of Tomorrowland but the waits were still only 10-15 minutes. More than at Christmas but I still consider that a FP. Universal's Express Pass lines are usually longer than that and they aren't as busy.

We are at MK today. Arrived around 9:15, walked on Buzz, Space, People mover, and HM. It then started pouring rain with thunder and lightning. Lasted almost 3 hours so we left and went to Contemporary for a while. We are back now and even though mine train still closed, waits are mostly short. In fact, only Peter Pan and the 2 Avatar rides are over an hour...all others in each park under 60 minutes!

So in the hour we have been back, we have done Teacups, Peter Pan, Mine Train, Dumbo, and Little Mermaid. DH and DS have done Pirates, Splash, Big Thunder, and Space! This is the least crowded we have seen it in at least 4-5 years (going at all different times of year!).

We are at MK today. Arrived around 9:15, walked on Buzz, Space, People mover, and HM. It then started pouring rain with thunder and lightning. Lasted almost 3 hours so we left and went to Contemporary for a while. We are back now and even though mine train still closed, waits are mostly short. In fact, only Peter Pan and the 2 Avatar rides are over an hour...all others in each park under 60 minutes!
So in the hour we have been back, we have done Teacups, Peter Pan, Mine Train, Dumbo, and Little Mermaid. DH and DS have done Pirates, Splash, Big Thunder, and Space! This is the least crowded we have seen it in at least 4-5 years (going at all different times of year!).

Glad you're having a great time. You should consider starting a new thread. This one was originally about the week after Easter which comes with different crowd expectations.

....my DS ad his GF are at AK right now....they say that the crowds aren't too bad....

I know its been a couple weeks, but upon reflection...I have one more complaint. Our last park day, Friday April 6, was a 7am EMH at MK. We looked forward to this all week since we knew it would be our chance to finally get in all the rides we weren't able to do during the previous very crowded days and with pleasant weather to boot. I'd read thread after thread on here praising the mythical 7am EMH and we were ready and on a bus at 6:10 am while it was still pitch black and waiting at the tunnel by 6:35.

...only for 6:50 to arrive and have a CM announce that ONLY Fantasyland would be open during the EMH. Oh. Well there just went our plan to breeze through Adventureland and Fronteirland first thing... really annoying. Well, we figured we were at the front of the crowd, might as well adjust and try and make it to Mine Train. Rope drop happens, we manage to be one of the first people to Mine Train...only to be told that it was not open and did not have an ETA. Oh. we hang out in line anyway (a line outside the line...as they weren't even opening the queue) for a few minutes when my older (5y) kiddo expressed interest in checking out Pooh instead. We explained that if we left the Mine Train line, we would NOT be rejoining it. He chose to leave the line. It was a good choice, as Mine Train did not open until the EMH was more than halfway over. After Pooh, he asked if we could ride Barnstormer...basically just desperate for ANY roller coaster type experience.

We make our way over to the circus and.....Barnstormer is closed with no ETA. Oh.

So basically our EMH was spent walking back and forth looking for things that were open and not really accomplishing much before having to rejoin the hub and rope drop a SECOND time in order to get a shot at a roller coaster. We were able to successfully make it onto one of the first rides of Splash that morning, but the crowds were already too crushing to even consider BTMRR. So we figured we'd go try Pirates....annnnd...closed. Oh.

But hey, Carpets was almost a walk-on! We did manage to get on Pirates shortly after it opened and beat the line, but we had to skip Jungle Cruise and at that point we just decided to get out of there altogether as it was too swamped with people and temps were rising. So we were out of there by 10am and felt like it was our most disappointing EMH rope drop of all time with the least amount of stuff accomplished. Pretty disappointed in how Disney chose to operate that morning (I get that rides go down, but restricting EMH was a crummy choice).

I know its been a couple weeks, but upon reflection...I have one more complaint. Our last park day, Friday April 6, was a 7am EMH at MK. We looked forward to this all week since we knew it would be our chance to finally get in all the rides we weren't able to do during the previous very crowded days and with pleasant weather to boot. I'd read thread after thread on here praising the mythical 7am EMH and we were ready and on a bus at 6:10 am while it was still pitch black and waiting at the tunnel by 6:35.

...only for 6:50 to arrive and have a CM announce that ONLY Fantasyland would be open during the EMH. Oh. Well there just went our plan to breeze through Adventureland and Fronteirland first thing... really annoying. Well, we figured we were at the front of the crowd, might as well adjust and try and make it to Mine Train. Rope drop happens, we manage to be one of the first people to Mine Train...only to be told that it was not open and did not have an ETA. Oh. we hang out in line anyway (a line outside the line...as they weren't even opening the queue) for a few minutes when my older (5y) kiddo expressed interest in checking out Pooh instead. We explained that if we left the Mine Train line, we would NOT be rejoining it. He chose to leave the line. It was a good choice, as Mine Train did not open until the EMH was more than halfway over. After Pooh, he asked if we could ride Barnstormer...basically just desperate for ANY roller coaster type experience.

We make our way over to the circus and.....Barnstormer is closed with no ETA. Oh.

So basically our EMH was spent walking back and forth looking for things that were open and not really accomplishing much before having to rejoin the hub and rope drop a SECOND time in order to get a shot at a roller coaster. We were able to successfully make it onto one of the first rides of Splash that morning, but the crowds were already too crushing to even consider BTMRR. So we figured we'd go try Pirates....annnnd...closed. Oh.

But hey, Carpets was almost a walk-on! We did manage to get on Pirates shortly after it opened and beat the line, but we had to skip Jungle Cruise and at that point we just decided to get out of there altogether as it was too swamped with people and temps were rising. So we were out of there by 10am and felt like it was our most disappointing EMH rope drop of all time with the least amount of stuff accomplished. Pretty disappointed in how Disney chose to operate that morning (I get that rides go down, but restricting EMH was a crummy choice).

AM EMH is only Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. It does suck that all that happened, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter