WOW! Thought I was clearing cookies...just found 150 more!!

jls886

DIS Veteran
I had been clearing my cookies through Tools...Internet Options...then delete. I also have adaware and have been running that a clearing the few that it finds. Today I looked into AVG that I have heard others are using. At first I thought you could only do it if you paid for a subscription. Then I found their free downloads here:

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390#avg-anti-rootkit-free

I downloaded the free spyware for Windows. I am running it as we speak, and it has already found 144 tracking cookies...its not even half-way through!! Just thought I would let you know that if you don't have AVG, I now recommend it and you can get it for free!!

After a very discouraging crediting day yesterday, I decided to pull out the big guns.
My SIL, who is an IT guy, suggested I install ccleaner for cleaning cookies (hence the name). First, I cleared my cookies on the tool bar, then I ran ad-aware, next I ran ccleaner (which picked up about 30 that Ad-Aware missed) and last I ran AVG (which found no more).

Then, I went to the start menu and did the disk cleanup thing.

Lastly, when I felt my computer was clean as a whistle, I tried a 50 cent offer. It didn't credit.

I'm starting to suspect that these advertisers are just not crediting the rewards programs as promised. :sad2:

Thanks for the link! I'm running it now and it's already found 79 cookies! I deleted cookies through the way you did and also ran Spybot about an hour ago and thought everything was cleaned! Wow, I'm amazed that there are that many more!

Have a good day!

After a very discouraging crediting day yesterday, I decided to pull out the big guns.
My SIL, who is an IT guy, suggested I install ccleaner for cleaning cookies (hence the name). First, I cleared my cookies on the tool bar, then I ran ad-aware, next I ran ccleaner (which picked up about 30 that Ad-Aware missed) and last I ran AVG (which found no more).

Then, I went to the start menu and did the disk cleanup thing.

Lastly, when I felt my computer was clean as a whistle, I tried a 50 cent offer. It didn't credit.

I'm starting to suspect that these advertisers are just not crediting the rewards programs as promised. :sad2:

The only thing I can think of is maybe your privacy level is set too high in internet explorer..If it set too high that could be the reason your not receiving credit.I usually keep mine set to a med level & on low when I have trouble with certain reward programs crediting.

I ran that for the first time a week or so ago and it picked up 400 cookies! I was shocked.

The only thing I can think of is maybe your privacy level is set too high in internet explorer..If it set too high that could be the reason your not receiving credit.I usually keep mine set to a med level & on low when I have trouble with certain reward programs crediting.

Oh! I forgot to mention that! I made sure I slid it as far down as it would go.:confused3

Darn...I was hoping that could be it..Are you having problems with all credits (including shopping)? If so , then I would suspect you may having something on system that is deverting the credit to some other site..or If you have a firewall that could also be the trouble it may not be allowing certain cookies on your system

Darn...I was hoping that could be it..Are you having problems with all credits (including shopping)? If so , then I would suspect you may having something on system that is deverting the credit to some other site..or If you have a firewall that could also be the trouble it may not be allowing certain cookies on your system

A couple of days ago I clicked start..settings..control panel..and clicked on windows firewall. Then I clicked off...not protected. It didn't seem to make a difference. It's also making me a little nervous since it warns "Your PC is NOT protected Turn on windows firewall".:scared1: I'm wondering if I should turn it back on.

If you don't have any other firewall running then I would turn back on windows firewall...When you don't have a firewall on your computer it becomes a easy target.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter