Wow, What a Long Engagement That Was . . .

I honestly have no words. :hug:

Thank you so much for sharing that with us.

That was an awesome article about some awesome gentlemen.

I wonder if Woody Allen had to nullify the adoption of his daughter to marry her too.

This is my favorite part:

Acting as bookends to memoirs of Tony Bennett and Lucille Ball and a dozen other volumes are two urns engraved with Bob and Henry's names. They're made from the same slate as Jackie Kennedy's gravestone, Henry explains. And until they're placed side by side at Arlington National Cemetery, Bob adds, "they're good for holding M&Ms."

I love that they have such a fantastic sense of humor about it all. :rotfl:

FYI - that slate is from Monson Maine.
One town over from where our summer house is.

Thank you for posting that...it totally made me tear up. May we all be as happy as that couple :hug: :cloud9:.

Thanks for posting this Rob. It is so sweet. Oh, the M&Ms in the urns was my favourite part too:thumbsup2--I bet that sense of humor is adding to their long lives (and necessary for any relationship to stay strong for so long:upsidedow)

That's a great story!

It's sad to me that it took so long for them to be able to name each other in public, but, I know that it's the reality that many live with. I'm thrilled that they were finally able to have their lifetime relationship legally recognized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter