WS restaurant for lunch, when only visiting Future World?

TooBoyz4us

DIS Veteran
We are planning on a Epcot,Future World Only day.........and will be coming back another evening to visit World Showcase.

I am having a hard time deciding on a lunch for the Future World day.We've been to Garden Grille, and it was "okay".
Coral Reef will cost us 2 of our silver plan wishes, and after looking at the menu I'm just not sure we will get our wish worth out of that(comes to 64.00 per person).
We had originally thought about leaving Epcot and going to Concourse Steakhouse for lunch, but it seems kind of complicated to be switching monorails twice to get there and back.

So, now I am considering a WS restaurant for lunch.We already have LeCellier down for dinner when we visit WS another evening, so thats out.
Have any of you ever done this? Does it seem silly to add a ton more walking to our day just for lunch? Could we easily boat across the lagoon on the friendship water taxis to get to a lunch destination?
Any recomendations???

Thanks!
Chris

Even if you decide to go to a WS restaurant from FW, it is far from a"ton of walking"! In the overall picture of WDW park walking distances, it is about equal to walking from the train stain on Main St in MK to Space Mt in Future World.
In regards to restaurants; I would definitely recommend a WS restaurant. WS offers a great variety of restaurajnts in all differnt price ranges. Which one you pick, depends on your likes and preferences as far as cuisine, price, atomsphere, etc.

Gosh, i don't think of it as much walking to get from, say, Test Track to Mexico. Just a hop, skip, and jump in my head.

Mexico, Norway, etc are all relatively close to Future World you could try one of those. I don't find getting across Epcot to be a big deal... If you dont want to walk too far, dont plan on visiting, like, US or France, but stay closer to the ends =)

It's really not that far to WS. Do you need a sit-down place to use your wishes or would Counter Service work?

If you need sit-down, take the friendship boat across the lagoon and eat at Marrakesh. Yum. Or maybe try Teppanyaki.

If Counter Service is do-able, there are several of those in the Future World area, plus the food court at the Land.

Wow, thanks everyone!!
I thought I remembered it not being so far of a walk from Mission Space to Mexico.....but I wasn't totally sure.

Originally posted by zulaya
It's really not that far to WS. Do you need a sit-down place to use your wishes or would Counter Service work?

We prefer to eat at sit-downs for our wishes.
I will go look at the Marrakesh menu!

:wave: Thanks again!

Another vote here for Chefs de France for lunch. I agaree that once in Future World the walk isn't bad but remember you have to walk all the way out (but I think it is worth the walk) - you didn't say where you planned on going after Future World.

San Angel Inn for lunch is excellent choice if you are doing future world..it is 1st one as you enter..on the left.

The lunch is wonderful, atmosphere is great.

Enjoy!

Originally posted by chvyman411
you could also eat somewhere at the boardwalk

You know, when I first started my PS planning, I had Big River Grille down on my list for lunch.
Maybe I should re-think that one.

Anyone know how far of a walk it is to the boat to get to the Boardwalk?

Chris

Originally posted by CHIPSTER
I agaree that once in Future World the walk isn't bad but remember you have to walk all the way out (but I think it is worth the walk) - you didn't say where you planned on going after Future World.

We are planning to get to Epcot around 9am, take our time and explore Future World, and then break for lunch.
After lunch, we may do more in Future World, or if we are feeling pooped may just go back to our resort and relax.

We are planning a late, maybe 8pm, dinner at 'Ohana that night.

Another vote for San Angel Inn - it is our second favorite restaurant (first being MGM's Brown Derby) - the food is great. Last year we were able to walk in and get a table right next to the ride and it was perfectly romantic and the food is terrific! Good luck with your decision!!

I would book Le Cellier for that lunch and get a PS for something else on the other night you are going there. My 2 cents worth :)

Blessings.

I'd recommend hopping the boat to the Swan and having lunch at Fresh! DEVINE!!!!

Originally posted by ibouncetoo
I'd recommend hopping the boat to the Swan and having lunch at Fresh! DEVINE!!!!

Wish we could ibouncetoo!
But we will be on the silver plan and we cannot use our wishes at the Swan or Dolphin hotel restaurants. I guess because they are not Disney owned.
Thanks for the idea though ::yes::

Originally posted by TooBoyz4us
You know, when I first started my PS planning, I had Big River Grille down on my list for lunch.
Maybe I should re-think that one.

Anyone know how far of a walk it is to the boat to get to the Boardwalk?

Chris
The boat to boardwalk is right outside the International Gateway. Walking to the boat will be a much farther walk from FW, then walking to a WS restaurant, especially if you pick Mexico or Canada.
My suggestion would be the same as mic_key_mouse, I would go to Le Cellier for lunch and then pick another restaurant for dinner. Le Cellier has great lunches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter