WW at work meeting 8/21/03

MelanieC

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
I have started to attend a WW at work meeting. Last week and this week, I was just testing the waters to see what they were like. They weren't as good as the ones I have at home, but it's interesting to go and hear the ideas. They are totally different, not as long and are geared towards working people.

We eat lunch at these meetings. I have decided to keep my regular meeting and weight in, and just come to these meetings to get extra support. I like it, because it gives me something to do for lunch besides sit in the cafeteria or go out and spend money at the mall.

We talked about upcoming obstacles -

One of the girls was going to Disney next week. She talked about bringing snacks, cereals with you in your carry on luggage. She talked about some of the fast food places where she got a chicken salad and went to the toppings bar (for hamburgers) and added things like lettuce, onions to her salad. She mentioned the Rain Forest Cafe and the Volcano Cobb Salad.

She had us say if any of us work in the same department. There were 3 of us there from my department. So everyone went around the room and shared what they get from knowing people at work who are on weight watchers. Most people didn't have much to share, but the 3 of us from our department give each other encouragement, tips about different foods to eat.

The leader brought up the fact that I was eating Soy crips (she likes them too), so I showed everyone the bag, told where you could get them at, how many points and what the nutriton is. They are 2 points for an entire bag, (2 servings), The whole bag has 10 grams protien, 3 grams soy fiber. My favorite is the lightly salted.

We talked about how some people who want to loose weight will cut out soda, and junk food and loose 10 lbs easy. She talked about how this is a lifestyle change, and that by changing our habits (eating healthier, eating better foods, and making what we eat count) allows us to learn how to eat for life. The people who loose 10lbs by cutting out soda and junk, will yo-yo and gain again when they start to eat those things again.

She shared a strawberry pie recipe:
4 cups strawberry
1 sm sf vanilla cook & serve pudding
1 sm strawberry sf jello
2 cups water
1 no fat graham pie Crust
bring to boil
remove from heat then add 1 small pkg jello
pour over berries
1/8 pie=2 1/2
w/ out crust 1/8=1/2 point

I think that was it. I think the topics will be better at my regular Monday night meetings.

Melanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter