WWoHP...Here I come!! PTR/TR Complete

The Frying Dutchman and Krusty Bruger are under one roof, like a mall food court, you go to the line you want and pay at one place (that has all the Simpsons food there except the Taco Truck.) Just a FYI :D

Thanks for the heads up! Beats having to go looking where they might be.

@warriorping I think you've sold me on the packing cubes. The suitcase we use for DH is a large rolling duffel, after the first couple of days the inside looks like Edward Scissorhands has scattered his clothes. I'm thinking the cubes will be a great way to keep the clutter to a minimum.

I bought some last year for Disney and fell in love with them so I got some more for this trip, and I am glad I did. I lent some to my parents for their own trip and at first, they thought it was a waste of money but now they love them. It definitely helps with the clutter, especially for my smaller electronic items or medicines that I am bringing on the trip. I hope it helps with packing for you as it did for me :-) Try looking on Amazon for good deals, I found they were a lot cheaper and I was able to fit a lot more clothes than with the ones I bought from MEC (an Canadian Company). I think the US equivalent to MEC is Dick's Sporting Goods.

Last edited:
15 days!!

This is going to be short post. Here are the restaurants that I would like to try at City Walks:
  • Antojitos authentic mexican food
  • Fusion bistro sushi & sake bar
  • The Cowfish sushi burger bar
  • Bread box handcrafted sandwiches
  • Red Oven Pizza bakery
  • The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen
  • Hard Rock Cafe
The Cowfish menu looks amazing! I think we may go here our first night in Orlando but I will see how tired we are that day. We may opted out for something at the resort and try it our last day.

15 days!!

This is going to be short post. Here are the restaurants that I would like to try at City Walks:
  • Antojitos authentic mexican food
  • Fusion bistro sushi & sake bar
  • The Cowfish sushi burger bar
  • Bread box handcrafted sandwiches
  • Red Oven Pizza bakery
  • The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen
  • Hard Rock Cafe
The Cowfish menu looks amazing! I think we may go here our first night in Orlando but I will see how tired we are that day. We may opted out for something at the resort and try it our last day.

I'm really anxious to hear what you think of Antojitos after your visit. Mexican food is a food group all unto its own in this house.

Single digits! 8 more days until we are on the plane!

Here are the restaurants that I want to try at the hotels:
  • Bayliner diner at CBB
  • Drhum club kantine at SFR
  • Orchid court lounge & sushi bar at RPR
  • The Kitchen @ HRH
  • Emeril's Tchoup Chop @ RPR
I do want to head over to Disney Springs one day during our trip to show M a little bit of Disney (but not hit in your face Disney :tiptoe:) and there is a couple of restaurants I would love to try:
  • Morimoto Asia
  • Chef Art Smith Homecoming
  • Cookes of Dublin
  • The Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe
  • D-Luxe Burger
  • Paddlefish
  • Planet Hollywood Observatory
Right now, I do have a reservation at Morimoto Asia and I can’t wait to give it a try. I have also heard really good things of Chef Art and Cookes of Dublin from Co-worker who have been there in the past and the menu looks amazing but I think I am going to stick with Morimota Asia. Yes, there is a trend with Japanese cuisine and yes we both love sushi but I refuse to have it for at least one meal for every day on our trip. Good thing I am bringing Pepto Bismol with us :tongue:

Last edited:
I'm really anxious to hear what you think of Antojitos after your visit. Mexican food is a food group all unto its own in this house.

I do like certain Mexican food (tacos and quesadillas mostly) and M can tolerate it. Oh the possibilities of trying new things:scratchin I do want to try it for dinner one day where we don't plan on going back to the parks.

Last edited:

Just catching up and following along. We'll also be there in mid-August! Our second trip and also from Canada.
I will have to look around to see if there a store that sells them here as I don't think they will deliver to Canada. I hope they do have Tonk's as an interactive wand. I want to give it a try. :yay:
You can definitely find Bertie Botts up here... most of the specialty candy stores carry them (like Sugar Mountain) or even Hot Topic carries them. As for the interactive wands.... absolutely worth the $15 (or so) price differential vs the standard wand.

Have a magical trip!

I'll have to take a look. I don't think we have a Sugar Mountain but we do have Hot Topic where we are from. Thanks!

Tomorrow is the day! Universal here we come!! I am getting really excited. I have called the resort a couple of weeks ago to make a room request of being on a high floor, in the Americana Wing, and in building 5. I know that room requests are not guaranteed and I am going to make sure that I reiterate this request again when we check in at the resort.

Check list is in place:
  • Luggage packed ✔️
  • Carry-ons packed ✔️
  • Airline online check in✔️.
  • Passports packed ✔️
  • Wallet with all the necessary items packed ✔️
  • Boarding passes printed and packed✔️
  • 2 park multi day park to park purchased, shipped, and packed ✔️
I was planning to get the 3 park multi day park to park but decided not to. It is still up in the air if I am going to get the EP. I may do it for day 4 or 5. See below for reasons.

We’re officially ready for our trip!

So overview on what is now planned since the start of this PTR:

Day 1: This of course stays the same. It’s Travel Day! We depart from Toronto and land in Orlando around 5 pm.

Day 2:
No change here. Spend the morning and evening at the parks and afternoon at the pool

Day 3: There is change here. IF VB isn’t to crazy at EA, I plan on heading over and getting tickets at the gate. If it is already looking crazy busy, we’re just going to relax at the resort.

Day 4: There is change here. M has finally decided if he wanted to go to DS or not . The verdict, no DS for us so day 4 will be like day 2, spend the day at the parks & afternoon at the resort..

Day 5: There is change here. No VB in the morning. Instead it will be most of the day at the parks, maybe get the EP. Still plan to spend late afternoon/evening at the resort at the pool, and packing.

Day 6: This of course stays the same, homeward bound

See everyone on the other side. Nox!

“I solemnly swear I am up to no good!”- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Morning (for my HP followers, trying reading this in George’s voice)! Today is...Travel Day!! Our flight departed Toronto mid afternoon and we landed in Orlando around 5:45 pm. We live about 2 hours from the Toronto airport so I was really glad I chose the afternoon flight. Our parents drove us to airport (Thank god!! Save me time and money on parking! Thank you Mom and Dad!!) and to see us off.

vSJend9XmjsLfRBr-WYnGh3V-GOeMRk1Oh1LHlgmk7C5_Q1TUg-9eco0GRYpV5AgyLBJBzZHKO9WmMqEKEOuZCGGD1kHkCwHkHpZ7HqGL1QFKiC05U71c0P6Lqwxm_6jwcK8CtFG

ti5lOTn-gpOtGM7vrU5utHPmcnQ_LWJJ0NIcAyK7NMH1adyWiBJwjZ6rB3Km0TiCDqzVA2X3R0wvbcpV7rw9KmUetS7VdCZI8B1IztEtPW7uH7K8LTMZOCHVU6vGqSN7_-0cXhVe

Once we landed, we headed to the luggage carousel to grab our luggages and to meet Tony Hinds. Originally for this trip, I was going to go with Mears or Super Shuttle for transportation to the resort but after seeing amazing reviews on other trip reports on how amazing Tony Hinds transportation company is, I decided to contact him for our trip. Definitely worth it! He is very responsive to all of my emails before arriving to the airport, even message me to let me know when my flight was going to be delayed, and I even asked if we could stop to do a grocery run before stopping at the Resort. He added the request to our trip for us at no extra cost! YAY!!! This was great! Both M and I drink a lot of water, especially in the heat. I rather buy 1 or 2 cases of water than spend $3+ per drinks (water bottles, pop, etc) at the parks.

After a quick stop to the grocery store to pick a few items for the trip, we head to our final destination of the day: Cabana Bay Beach Resort!! I’ve booked the Poolside Standard Room and a couple of weeks ago, I called the resort to make a room request of being on a high floor, in the Americana Wing and in building 5. I reiterate it at the check in desk and we got Americana wing, building 5, floor 3. Yes!!

kfdxbmDCgejzKVaF0mxX2eYaiMtg_rVswtbP0borQyxGQ8k0d7J9xpr2OD_0w3j1CB_4XOSnI5Ju5JiTEJN45bqEceL0Y1DK7VXZqgxbX8LCOMkhGuMOAQoWaJQkIDbjPEqQs0Q8

0YkkOTO3XViltF4WmoakReEyR1F8OGRP0vTdOJjySaIIz5ZQx_hrzK6t0d3MhijcDj1cO8DTnoIiQVOwzhQ3vW5Zac41KJDk99saopPYtdQMj5uS0DHIUEkUA3vyBYqzF2UUWy2J

hfPhYrF-6ybI2SSuaz3vDC55yVn9sxNR5XMUrQWdXqXi3F8YA5tyBqqkklc5Rn-imhOTjeXE1yYoYbS1S5K-nh16Xe-Tv6D3-i7wirTgCxBwweaMiN5pancSsY8vBKsRa1BrtHbf

KmSId-HrlkRvJuAYPxAiRgVCt7p1E7FzmAP7SYB-Vhcl6hGagfDLi5_upIev6S37P5gB8zCcJ33w8ZAp5IS3ve2L_-5_ABpt9FQ4Q8Zpzn9edW0c3L9KxytuBe-HLqSeBgfxPUKH

After getting to our room, we decided to go grab some dinner at Bayline diner.

68OEmuIoyHw5sYNeVY8hXq_YYT8Rnptf3lc2rwpr6TPd6_6s2SAHQ7-xHtie9YFF586N83U7r5Ru8c5CANHjvuyApVe0TvNqoDz1E0isEN3fOhA8JCNkhAo9yXaBGzxqCH7MLIOf

zc8oQ8XgtuQhkOFxoRUUB7XH4x0wsZstZL_FUs_WgOOunvE8T9lhJ2-mksPXEYJmcmZoPrNsc73ZoTIsChfsuv49x8avylXq-6riUmo_8UymcMkP8cKis-VT-3X28xXUDSQd19eX

After a long day of travel, we decided to rest the rest of the night for a long day tomorrow.

Last edited:
“Dobby has no master. Dobby is a free elf, and Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends!” -Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

After a good night sleep, I got up a relatively good hour, however M didn't. I decided to let him sleep in and headed down to Bayline Diner to get us some breakfast.

After breakfast we headed to the parks. We first rode the Skull Island: the Reign of Kong.

bA7ZFww-tvIstMHxkJuX4fdz4k6h1jpcIPeC-zhg4Ul76An7gv6SpsxLRrSEBCFtwWQ96pu3LajNnckWPLLYd7Xuf5ombicFIZq1yyRqc6q4gtsN4baxUHYs74pbK5G8ZeqtHOF7

After that we headed to Hogsmade!! Yeah, I didn't make it pass day 2 at the park to do Harry Potter stuff.

oIMgK0g2ckWEUNc1lzv15U5TlAwWtwFR2OsMdqEFTtV_J3egEeH1wODLpwUo0WNu7wzd9GJsINs0zuA3ryQf-0TOGOm2sTXGlFT4n5em4Izp29f2FFd2bCBh-E0bFtnEJv5je6-I

roHYStG-latiSlX7wn42xGPkmmcv9-L0mYgNazBSkD1RPFT7c01Jyksz0dwZU3P0WiZtTet-4vEf9z_hGigVkBmQEaOxNesfFY6VN1oZmnMzLf2mU4JTy4vSdohgIZlg6DnT-Gbh

q3mZGnxssTg_mkZ-GDj6gLNUhGNmesortb9VBFY9E30TTH_LXcrajVuUIoCDM2iJIwZ0FmzXZ8PzKUsYUjHwMRqSoyfWjZZk0U9Yq9IEjJolFNhCnKkZResri4LWDRN9_ScjeJCz

yP56edPL6kFE1EJS4moeYFAyvk2ulj9PSg25EFwUmlTjHA6aE-AdQb2ZYzD_-M8p4MITvrj3J6y7UZXIOIlF9khbbJbwhaTK3DxPFJLr5bXlzNjt_RUlFi-1V45_tvin6DnFOdAF

HUg9N3mttL_57cEuJkdIMKfHqFUM3r7eKMravWxoVZrilAe6LuQeWnp-QRGENEU-uqbOaBGk0IOYqq-Q3qZ-rMD_25W_1ngo7d6-OxDNGlKOa5euTZ8kiQojQUYEtzWsZGaKVVQW

b6AL7kCmHSOymoDDkvgKAzyg5qgw0v0yjiL4L1lnWfvU6yLjks53NlDIdWi92dlI2QyS9Je6GHCOvF-d07jF-CwPLYZnXfU24wnJ9LuvtSGOz2Xky5YXEWSaskNMUrSVRWgfuCMP

zwaDJFbMos0w3SP0sLTPaMyq-tkJsD7CJMWOYYmiu8XzX0DYoS6bcrNUMNs6hsELKLJFyzxAtD5atPe5sRcxSkiQl6Z3vaREU_3YEmjN17aqtaOPy3Ke4gDD9_1ZKIJv_hDptFSL

ES0zLfhSDYrsL-aoC_BCir8shZ22H70MKL1IbmGfBWol2ZYDdnJ9tDCKD4HitXlFyahzM-Qz9vfYQrAxM1Nrv6Z5PSOGfZVnpPxxpyJujVX-OWaHp-ZiEKdcUWENxn-BgxFYp7gI

We didn't go to much rides today as I wanted to get the feels of the park and it was getting hot.

Maybe tomorrow we will go later in the afternoon and stay until the park closes.

We did head back to the resort and spent the rest of the day around the resort. I did go around the lazy river a couple of times.

SnuFl60FmgSkEdc7xQt7NeSDwmtp7yovlH3dabdGO1iv7m-psq10zKxKWZwQqsBlvLRvgfWc_FXeNy4_mCPZgF8bkmtjOx_4iAnbgtiqfxegquTYJLhy31jsbq7n2rjwy_swxmvE

hpWPTPkX_krsLSyuTmEKcnTYCMS47cS8T-B7EHlok8OCkSPVDQFl1eS36PQKbXedlXV7lC9lKVCapLR-uyIPVFQM7RSLNsrodnF_GQw1A-eH8zbeWtMLMU7bcjnSKwS_qn8yQbSA

w1cs-ZdNv4au07FL_1EuPR91Ta2b4RmbO3_LXwzLB2kQMORJ6lR91QYHiftb8m4x__oGSrEEBuoypaHgufjUDsqrdcWmnFYnjRCAfCRwwGdpepxUklgEQYO2I_gwkU-TTc_0rhqh

3lUlIMrbiM-HQ3kXIFIgfklOjHD9wp2nB3lYPQPavMGQ2kGc4eX6bslYQlBdx1PN68nJsB-YUGDEIROYHLItKTfJtgo1u4OXuEeDcsL2pXRWgqki-6LsN9uHD6yw0P6p89veUo_8

Today was really just play by ear type of day. Tomorrow should and hopefully be better.

Ashley it looks like you guys are having a blast and I'm happy you made it safe and sound! :goodvibes I'm so glad you got your resort request, and am not at all surprised that you caved and hit the Wizarding World ahead of schedule!:rolleyes1 ;) Can't wait to see more!

“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Today again I got up at a relatively good hour but I felt I was coming down with a Strep throat or something so I decided to stay in the bed for a little bit longer. I did bring halls and cold meds just in case this did happen.

After M got up, we went down to Bayline Diner to grab some breakfast. After breakfast we went to the pool to relax a little bit before heading to the parks.

For lunch we went to Cowfish.

vHySCcf3g2hzWwaIAa5-AUWu3JT9xcXJmqxir_wes9vzmO8yNuSObi2ic65PNP6JkNCSTdc6DuRVghcBdjQ1YrdzSKIzX7o7WZZ91ZYycguQyT9WIrN0p9IY3BgExBPEkEFZ8eTh

RSEqWhZSwkloc47TziOLovHgSGD064rgu_nNe4qsZBcLjfgBu0zYgT8GwkkcNfNobRSWFDaz5UWu9rhDpnjGSeaxMLD0K2nRX8CVBsZMs5nLH2FWY1rAmFhB4Rw2FZpTm4TXvXoi

n0WVYR_1fWxlRLMNY5_KCGTDUmkYCgDXpcEvVrpOs3-Wqka9LbOrVGgfPiR93OGbEoeWvhCvj8Ws4_6MMSYYoUy6mXJsWP0Q3_5NFa1ao2e6vL9FFqZy3bBHlKKwkUl6pxB68F3Q

After lunch we headed to the parks. First off: Sherk 4d

t0NSM3CcYd35z0nyqLc2yYqNdSmfOcPNMa_r8nl_NaNvzaEN9cw6RDy6bBh8mwxmArCGxplFqLrOHVJHszcVXqT_CXJoep3wk-Rwjf1_qjfMOBDiqBAVolY6Me-eSpuWe58bLKN7

lDTp8ZuG0VXyYTpIFiz853CqEKga0RvsKYBCxfLGvZxEIEKeCEjqSpHV4sWkVx8wphALmKndF6h_CijADe-bouo6TcKIafxuDRRFOUtLLyXEKgi5L82r8bGiApyKeME8kQ1DPWro

After Sherk, we went to the mummy ride. First I thought I was going to be scared, but I loved it and would go back. Next was Diagon Alley!!

RgeP94QxlI3B3iQwSlYI3drTz0R3kL59D1vV47_uokkiZp5HLwM_-sqOS0Z8Y3K-OXwGboyyP61YRf0njj7LEfLiHRNPnESlASusTNVZTAfq2v0Evz2F1DvEyrYGRo-Xj-dmQ4tq

8P1q4oa4rwLKwKLmrvKCP2OP4-5CMVXYLwJGIpiX4pOWRdoU-4miJv_DMyrANgeu5iIcWIF4Clxq8e2RaHhQEFDJ_ktu3V_iSxyHiRhR7oK63LaXiGXO5MPW3PVzgwdFvu_gIphT

O0ntfDZbOQT9OnFTcI5ck1QbzvHiOfUKZsxEXlGYN4dJ6ovxTAYJcmHgwKEyroXZkzmxBTGwV_yVvwmrKnQ1_bn3_crPmi3dCQtxTqBJIdbFqAVzynajqFc6HUeiVgrg50R_qaJh

HfGFL8eWbs9x9f83NDt1GdYcOhrl0_vKOMEpq_1KPnjLO-KgMw91JseRSXptaUgz7ZUCp0wCTSaQrjn1yG9kcW7dejDeadUs8ebEo_4OzGQJ1T-YEZQi1LP2VQUoA_Pi6ChCXY2n

di_z8C14pqUKKgE_jrryVBiGtkjpd4QsEenHSz29xkIYzX1bggPoWoUM09OfHDdS5U-14dO0ILlxH50BFfw_hf4T2Z4Ao65j8rcFCQSz7RHWouU0g0qPQ1bvgXgQVejboApSaJ8b

qxrE04lNV4Lk8iRViNvb3n1Y4OWu9NxZ5vwUV_NWhr8IjbsjtAQAj7IuF1hYSfLBDfVe2XtGsU1cJFZ7Z-tY6GHLEhh_m3OR_SE49LkX8ve__s3yHF9ecOtmZrKZuaW3j84zM1PD

After a quick visit to Diagon Alley, off to King Cross to go over to Hogsmade

FC6owjgw7KlC7VYSM0TVaz-tl_gjn6uxxOXLmFagyncLUd-N3MdeYGD2jaZb1_45VJPZZ1IFekg0dU3ful_PwtDHdNkDvRadmr4yTMKtc1WDPVHa_0QpgJwdbBH3jBkNAxIyT_gD

JK6M87W-owVeDG8WS8h3Lp0entC0sytSP4djslfvdGr5ZhBkzhtCVU8mQqYbqhoDabbBFB1OG07jE6MwjJdmDbRpb4vNzf65KJASEw_D5rTvUvwJTpkkqobB39yn-4Wz470YwwnZ

io_zM-DwMVFJR9x2cMwZmtRGr9i2uFyq4e1KwIJjrlSMG9bE_--9Tg9pZFJF4ZF2uPtZTtom-kZIjx4pVjJ7_58FSANC5Hte93skUlLy79S6VKUxtm0jUGSBRyp7nW5uECnKJJdk

-2Hz7TgOnf3xAfvgdsu6rFYCNDaaVCsk45MElBJ9bviDzmyB17DwzIv2JBdQ2mFAuYAxIsNt4ptVLTpjiN-ZmUfGWEpRtf0YolLNCxqk7JSlQKFsxodBWWZ3pRJOuU02bzrdFT6q

eIHjMFAlDviAWsAaLmyzGbFNGpkgD2-LN7F11ZoIusRlLIMuNPZaVaJCzHvEgirqby7ZdO5LVpMAG8ch3QHdtCfDJ9Rj4FDp180UgtJKLrjg9F3ad742CgVlMV3N24h2Yj-zeO7n

CD3M_MWw8xDrwxQx4schvGSHYFcaYNtZ5X2ec7-G_2pGm8uKbO-_V-6KpdTDevZNzZrVv7kSBECVZa4UHKIIxjehG_GFE66za648Tvk_QqgL4nIxL4DF_sZuPECdG4amFabgrM5Q

T5YaAYqjBiW2lFYhcrUHkqqt0lo8yq3iNyRTqpJzxcL6DluUjUlY7XCcumgkrU7v-NKXKzNJwEdF8kfJnnfEMO5wmuEgREGvG9lr6NhWG5HsmBA0B6PxmhKhTeWmeakxBvixL-6X

0k8nL3N5gE5qIxv19bHZJJu12NA5xl1FZrsTiSaCsuQwCcF_8PQXXDpVYMZ6WDvnXLU8x0GHbWHZDIzGOKdDpzgijM6Yza7EnAjBCk6DyYYYTlMDBT2Ja00x-Z9NRAE8K2B9rKmB

Bon-keoi02I-S0iFazo9DeAOixhF0i5EXJKqMGnDlZkicV4_VhNiG7tOFdRjszclBKQAKymZvbPQSUoJYQbIX7sxMxxH_21irCoetVb5YpFOKuWvgyaUiPOQ5Zgxng3RaOs9iaN_

EI2P4vxn5jddSgxEyf7rpLJWkQ1ad1chNxsTud9Gi4cldQvBSYm6zYhryB90nGpw0S13gyrBBZ5m19sItX1lmpmlrNLJSeqg-Ro-j0uNtTYx0IMSeaijaqSaDy6dEIyRzmiU-Ful

After a successful afternoon for us, we headed back to the resort to rest for the rest of the night.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!