WWYD? Weekend or Weekdays?

aebeauregard

Mouseketeer
We booked our flights to arrive Jan 25 (Sat arrive late 8pm) - Jan 29th(Wednesday leave early 6am). Originally our flight was supposed to get in earlier Sat but the airline changed our flights by over 5 hours. I contacted them and we have the option to move our travel dates by a day or get refunds. I am wondering now if maybe we should arrive Friday night and leave Tuesday instead so we can take advantage of longer hours and more entertainment.

In late January would you rather be in the parks Sat, Sun, Mon or Sun, Mon, Tues? Or will it really make no difference?

Also I am considering getting a cheaper room near the airport on the night before departure with an airport shuttle since we are leaving so early and we could probably save $50 or so. Would others recommend that or is it too much hassle?

I would always choose a Tuesday over a Saturday. It might have a lot to do with our style of touring, but I find I can get much more done in shorter, less-crowded days than I can in longer, more-crowded days. And I find it more enjoyable and less tiring, too.

And since you are going to be there on Sunday either way, you will have one weekend day for whatever entertainment might not be available on the weekdays.

I choose the weekdays over weekends all the time unless you haven't been there before nor have seen the fireworks show. the fireworks run nightly during the holiday season and during the peak season. Off season it runs only fri-sun

It will be our first time. We go to Disneyworld somewhat often, about once every 1.5 years. Excited to try something new. We wanted to see completed Star Wars land and decided to do it at disneyland so we can check out some other things we haven’t seen. ( really hoping Indy will still be open).

I’m used to the Disneyworld planning and this trip is not that. There is too much flexibility and I’m constantly considering changing my plans.

Well with the new ROTR in SWGE opening the weekend before your arrival, crowds and lines will be busy probably for the next few weeks. That ride looks awesome!

... I’m used to the Disneyworld planning and this trip is not that. There is too much flexibility and I’m constantly considering changing my plans.
From this sticky thread at the top of the first page, * DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here!:
A DLR Guide for WDW Vets -- this classic thread will have lots of helpful information for you!
HydroGuy Tips Compilation -- you'll also find lots of good help in this treasure trove in information!
New SWGE Superthread! Now Open to All! (6/24/2019) -- cruise through the last few pages for updates, then ask all your SWGE questions in that thread -- you'll get great help.
And getting a hotel near the airport the night before an early flight is a good idea. You can stay late in the parks, have your DLR area hotel keep your bags, then check in late to your airport hotel. Makes the next morning so much easier.
Here is the airport information superthread: Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!