WWYD with this ADR and FP+ situation?

SFMommy

DIS Veteran
This is for the Monday before Thanksgiving, 11/25.

I currently have FP+ for SDMT (11-12), BTMR (1-2) and Splash (2-3). I also have an ADR at The Plaza at 1:00.

I would like to move the BTMR FP+ up to 12:00 or move The Plaza ADR up to 11:45. But I have not been able to move either one.

Which do you think I'll be most likely to change at the last minute? I'm hoping that an earlier ADR will open up as people change and cancel their plans a day or two before. If everything stays the same, do you think we could eat at 1:00 and make it to BTMR by 2:15?

WWYD?

Thanks!

You will likely be able to change the Plaza reservation more easily than BTMR.

edit: Well, on second thought, there is likely a good chance of changing either of them. I have had a lot of luck changing the day of fp+ for most attractions. Also, another site has an alert system that will alert you when a dining reservation becomes available. You could try that.

Last edited:
How many ppl are you looking for a FP for? If it is just the three in your signature, then that is decent chance. Also, did you set a *********** alert for your dining reservation?

I do not think that is enough time to eat at the plaza at 1:00 and be able to get to BTMR by 2:15.

Yes, FP+ is for 3 people and I have an alert set for an earlier ADR at The Plaza.

Guess I'll just keep checking and make a decision the day before. I also don't think that we could eat at 1:00 and get to BTMR in time. But I don't really care about that ride, so I could stay behind and settle the bill while my DH and DD13 go to BTMR. But I don't think that's a good ride to do right after eating!

This is for the Monday before Thanksgiving, 11/25.

I currently have FP+ for SDMT (11-12), BTMR (1-2) and Splash (2-3). I also have an ADR at The Plaza at 1:00.

I would like to move the BTMR FP+ up to 12:00 or move The Plaza ADR up to 11:45. But I have not been able to move either one.

Which do you think I'll be most likely to change at the last minute? I'm hoping that an earlier ADR will open up as people change and cancel their plans a day or two before. If everything stays the same, do you think we could eat at 1:00 and make it to BTMR by 2:15?

WWYD?

Thanks!

Personally, I would try to move BTMRR to 3 - 4 and not 12 - 1. I wouldn't want to walk all the way over to BTMRR, then to Plaza and then back to Splash. If that doesn't work, I would consider canceling the Plaza and just doing QS after 7DMT or trying to get an ADR at LTT or Skipper to keep you more in the vicinity of BTMRR and Splash. I just don't find the food at the Plaza to be so good to miss BTMRR!

Personally, I would try to move BTMRR to 3 - 4 and not 12 - 1. I wouldn't want to walk all the way over to BTMRR, then to Plaza and then back to Splash. If that doesn't work, I would consider canceling the Plaza and just doing QS after 7DMT or trying to get an ADR at LTT or Skipper to keep you more in the vicinity of BTMRR and Splash. I just don't find the food at the Plaza to be so good to miss BTMRR!

Yes, I hear you! But my calorie-counting, picky DH would really like the salad at The Plaza. I'm not sure if there is anything that he'll eat at Skipper...which is the only place in MK with an early lunch reservation available. Right now the only BTMR FP+ available is at 9:30 p.m.

Will give it some thought!

Yes, I hear you! But my calorie-counting, picky DH would really like the salad at The Plaza. I'm not sure if there is anything that he'll eat at Skipper...which is the only place in MK with an early lunch reservation available. Right now the only BTMR FP+ available is at 9:30 p.m.

Would he eat the salad at Columbia Harbour House?

I don't think it is enough time. I'd try to move the Plaza to after 2:30. But I'm not one to eat a lot and then go on a roller-coaster.

I think chances are pretty good you’ll be able to move one of them either the day before (for dining) or the day of for FP. With the FP just keep trying to modify the day of.

If you can’t, I don’t think it’s impossible to make it. I would show up early for lunch incase they can seat you, even if they can’t if you go in knowing what you’re going to order and are okay with speeding up lunch a bit I think you‘ll be pretty close to making it for 2:15.

I had a really nice steak salad at skipper in August. It was our first time at Skipper Canteen and we all enjoyed our food.

Always a good chance of moving that ADR the night before.

Are you against RD? Thunder is a walk on at 9.

I think you've got it just right with the ADR finder. I think you'll have the ADR & the FP both moved before you even leave your house. But, if not, there is a mass movement of FP the night before & morning of a visit (but I doubt you'll even need it.)

That said, if everything ended up exactly as your OP, I'd show up at Plaza at 12:30 (they are notoriously behind), I'd peruse the menu while waiting to be seated, then order all courses & drinks at one time, when the first food arrives request the bill & pay while you eat. Then I'd head over to BTMR & no matter if I was more than 10 minutes late, I would explain I was held up by an ADR (I.e. more $$$$$ for Disney) & you will likely be let it.

Happy planning!

OP here. Just got an alert and changed the Plaza reservation to 11:45...PERFECT! So now I can leave all FP+ as-is. But now I am thinking of RD BTMR one day too and getting in 2 BTMR rides. Thanks for all the advice! Those reservation finders are really amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!