Wyndham Bonnet Creek is an HOA?

supamaki

Drinkin' around the world!
I had someone call about me hanging a towel off the balcony to dry which got me thinking. I wanted to bring some lights and hang them off the balcony. I reached out to someone at the resort and was told as per HOA rules, no items should be hanging over the balcony as well no Lights or ornaments.

I had no idea it was an HOA

Timeshares are run by an HOA, composed of the owners.

I'm sure Wyndham controls the board and makes sure to have their say as well.

It is a timeshare resort which means that the units are owned by private owners, it is not a traditional hotel..

^ THIS

Most resorts that you book "condos" in have rules about hanging stuff out on rails or balconies, maintaining the look.

When we stayed there one year we were celebrating Christmas since DD was in DCP. I took a tree and indoor decor .... and an inflatable snowman that I put on the balcony. He just stood there, nothing on the rails. Had no issues.

... It does sound funny to call it an HOA, you normally think single family homes, but that is what I have seen Wyndham call it. I think many condo community associations are called COA (condo) or POA (property) Owner's Associations.

Last edited:

Why hang something to dry at WBC when there is a washer and dryer in the unit? Were you trying to save energy? I think hanging something out to dry that is "visible" to others is frowned upon whether there is an HOA in place or not. It just changes the "look" of the facility. Same thing with lights or anything else. As long as its not visible to others, there will be no problem. So if you decorate inside your unit, no one cares. "Decorate" outside and there will be an issue.

On a personal note, the town I live in does not allow clotheslines in your backyard unless you have a 6 foot privacy fence installed. And if you do have a fence, the clothesline is not to be visible from the street. You will receive a fine if it does. We do not have an HOA. They also frown upon garbage and trash cans being placed curbside for pickup before dark the night before. They just don't want the town to have a certain negative appearance. I guess the HOA of WBC and others feel the same way and obviously I am in agreement. No offense to anyone and I am not trying to start a fight or debate. It's just common sense to me that there is no need to "hang" anything to dry when there is a clothes dryer in your unit. If they have rules against it, then use your dryer to dry one towel and dont worry about the energy conservation. It's all about the "look" not what is efficient. Drive thru Orlando and you will see how the "dive motels" have stuff hanging over railings and balconies. Be honest.....what crosses your mind when you see stuff like that? Do you say "wow...what a nice motel/hotel? " Or do you put it on your list of places you would'nt want to visit just by what you see outside? Same thing applies here with WBC...hanging laundry on a balcony is not ideal in their eyes.....ok...I will get off my soapbox now...carry on.

Heck, clotheslines aren't even allowed at campsites at Fort Wilderness. I'm one that isn't against a hanging towel here or there, but I can see how things could get out of control pretty quickly. We do throw our swim towels over the patio chairs sometimes, especially if we have a load of laundry going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter