Wyoming Trip or Montana Trip??

gayles

DIS Veteran
They seem very similar.. Any thought Boys are 13 yrs. & 11 yrs. ? Is any one a Big Difference? planning on Aug. 2018 ... Any input is very Welcome...

we are looking at the differences too (with 2 boys who will be the same age as yours when we hope to go ) and decided Montana was better for us. seemed like it had a bit more activity -- zip lining at big sky was a big draw for us. the activities at brooks lodge in the wyoming itinerary were not as interesting to us and didn't seem to fill 2 days for us (days 5 and 6)

Thank you for reply . I will check closer . The 2 boys are very active . I wish someone would respond who have been on these Trips ? Anyone ??

Thank you for reply . I will check closer . The 2 boys are very active . I wish someone would respond who have been on these Trips ? Anyone ??
I tried to get some feedback on Montana a few months ago without success. They are so new I failed but I hope you get some feedback. I'll be following too.

One difference is that the Montana trip includes "Glamping" for the Yellowstone portion - camping in very fancy tents. The Wyoming trip stays in Hotels. They've improved the Montana itinerary, because when it was first introduced, there was nothing to do at the Dude ranch besides fish and horseback ride, neither of which interested me. You have ziplining and whitewater rafting now.

Sayhello

We went on the Montana trip on June 30. I can answer any questions you might have. We had a wonderful time. Our son 14 and daughter 11 enjoyed it. We have travelled on ABD to Alaska and Ireland in the past and they thought this one was the best. They enjoyed the 320 Ranch activities. We went fly fishing in the morning and horseback riding in the afternoon. Whitewater rafting was a big hit. The zip line was also great, but lightening developed after the first zip, so they couldn't finish it. Only time weather impacted our whole trip. Glamping was also a hit. We aren't campers generally so this was enough "roughing it" for me. Happy to help if I can!

Glamping was also a hit. We aren't campers generally so this was enough "roughing it" for me. Happy to help if I can!

A few questions came up on another thread about the Glamping.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/talk-to-me-about-glamping.3609536/#post-57700493

What is the proximity between the tents, more directly the bathrooms and the next tent. There were some concerns in that thread that people will need to sing or turn on a loud radio. You can report back there or answer me here and I can cross post that.

Glamping. I didn't feel the tents were too close together. We were on the corner and I never heard anything from the tent beside us. Our family did 2 separate reservations. Our son is very tall for his age, so sharing a hotel room for the four of us isn't comfortable anymore. My daughter and I were in one tent and my husband and son were in another. I didn't see inside a family tent. I heard others say they were happy with the size of the space for a family of 4. Our tent had a king size bed and bathroom. We requested our tents be near each other and they were. Yes there is a canvas "wall" between the bed and the bathroom. This "wall" has to be secured with a tie and velcro. Ours wasn't as securable as the boys tent was. There are bathhouses on the site for the tents without bathrooms also. For privacy the lanterns causing silhouettes on the canvas was a bit more concerning. So we kept the lights low. I was less worried about the closeness to other tents as I was about my tent location. Our tent was at the corner of the walkway to the lobby tent and the "circle" of tents. It wasn't ideal, but for 2 nights it was fine. You don't spend a lot of time at the glamp site. Only late afternoon, evening, and night. We were exhausted after all the touring. There are cattle on the near by property so you hear them at night, but didn't smell them. We also heard coyotes and a wolf howling, which was awesome. We love wildlife. There are lots of games around the site, badminton, I saw giant jenga, fire pits and hammocks. People congregate at the lobby tent with indoor and outdoor seating. 2 nights was enough for us. We enjoyed it and would do it again, but 2 nights is perfect.

Glamping. I didn't feel the tents were too close together. We were on the corner and I never heard anything from the tent beside us. Our family did 2 separate reservations. Our son is very tall for his age, so sharing a hotel room for the four of us isn't comfortable anymore. My daughter and I were in one tent and my husband and son were in another. I didn't see inside a family tent. I heard others say they were happy with the size of the space for a family of 4. Our tent had a king size bed and bathroom. We requested our tents be near each other and they were. Yes there is a canvas "wall" between the bed and the bathroom. This "wall" has to be secured with a tie and velcro. Ours wasn't as securable as the boys tent was. There are bathhouses on the site for the tents without bathrooms also. For privacy the lanterns causing silhouettes on the canvas was a bit more concerning. So we kept the lights low. I was less worried about the closeness to other tents as I was about my tent location. Our tent was at the corner of the walkway to the lobby tent and the "circle" of tents. It wasn't ideal, but for 2 nights it was fine. You don't spend a lot of time at the glamp site. Only late afternoon, evening, and night. We were exhausted after all the touring. There are cattle on the near by property so you hear them at night, but didn't smell them. We also heard coyotes and a wolf howling, which was awesome. We love wildlife. There are lots of games around the site, badminton, I saw giant jenga, fire pits and hammocks. People congregate at the lobby tent with indoor and outdoor seating. 2 nights was enough for us. We enjoyed it and would do it again, but 2 nights is perfect.
thank you! I appreciate the feedback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter