Xmas Day At The World - What Would U Do?

diane@wpg.mb

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. As we, DH-52, DS-16 and DD-14 oh yeah and me - 48, will be at the World on Xmas day I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to do for the day? Also on how to book the activity and how far in advance should we book?

On another note, I just thought I'd let everyone know how great I think this board is. I figure I have saved around $1,500.00 Canadian just by reading these forums and that's just on hotel and air.

Thank you thank you thank you:D :D :D :D :D :D

Diane

HI DIANE! WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! YEPPERS! Sure does save $$$$$$$ We saved about $2500 on our 2002 trip!

WOW! Xmas day! I think I would start with a tradional gift opening and a nice light breakky in room. Then swim if it's warm, or visit something not crowded, maybe even see if WDW has a Xmas mass. I would plan a BIG late lunch at some less crowded restaurant. A character meal would be nice at a deluxe resort. I think I would stay away from the parks ~ heard they are packed Xmas day. That's just what I think my family might do.

HAVE A BLAST!

I've heard that Liberty Tree Tavern is lovely for Christmas dinner since they serve a more traditional turkey dinner. They have Mickey, Minnie, Chip and Dale there I think. I would imagine that you should probably make ressies as soon as possible.

Sandra & Baboo:

Thanks so much so the replies. As time is limited and there is such much to do & see, I can't imagine staying at the hotel all day (I think I would be in big trouble with my family if I told them we were just going to lounge around the hotel on Xmas Day - they would be looking for something special to do on this special day).

Baboo that so much for the tip about the traditional Xmas Dinner. We have never not had "the turkey dinner and all it's trimmings" (best part is - I don't have to cook this year - woohoo). I will look into booking soon.

Does anyone know if any of the parks have any special activities on this day?

Thanks again.

Diane:) :)

Unfortunately the weather was not good in Orlando last December 25. We slept in a little, DS (10) opened a couple of presents we had snuck down for him to have Christmas morning, went to an afternoon showing of Monsters Inc. at Disney's West Side and then had a pizza dinner at the food court at All Star Sports.

Not your traditional White Christmas, but we had a great day. We had been spoiled the previous week in the parks as the crowds were miniscule. We didn't want to spend the day in lineups to ride the rides we walked onto the previous week.

The decorations are up pretty much after the American Thanksgiving so we had already enjoyed them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter