xmas visit time restraints, HELP!!!!!

mikewdw

wdw coach
my wife and i are going from 12-21 through 12-24. we have the special deal of 4 days 3 nights at the AS Sports. our problem is we are leaving early on the 24th our last day so we only have 3 full days to see everything. what are your suggestions on how to prioritize our visit. this is our 5th trip to wdw so rides are not a big deal. what are must do items and what other tips do you have?

thanks
mikewdw

Will you be attending Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party? Because if you ARE: I would spend that day in another park, be it Epcot, MGM, or AK. Alot of people who will be going to MVMCP decide to spend they day in Magic Kingdom, so they don't have to travel that much to get back that night. The crowds there may be frustrating. A definite no miss is the candle light procession in Epcot. We will be going Dec. 4-8th, and will be doing the Christmas Party and Candlelight procession. If you want to do the candlelight procession, you will need to call ahead if you want the better deal because most of your restaraunts will be booked that night. The Osborne lights at MGM are very popular, so you might want to think about seeing that too. AK doesn't really have much of a reputation at Christmas time yet, so you may want to center your time around the other three parks to maximize your time, since there isn't too much to see in AK that won't be there all year round. Also, besides the Osborne lights, MGM doesn't have too much going on either, so you might actually be able to spend some quality time at MK and Epcot and not feel rushed or like you missed out on anything. Hope you have fun!

thanks,
we wont be able to attend the MK party because the last one is the nite before we arrive.
does anyone have info on AK xmas stuff? maybe just 1/2 there (moring) and maybe evening at MGM, 1 day epcot, 1 day MK?
please give any tips so we can get a plan ready.
thanks,
mikewdw

If they will be having the Christmas parade at MK that's a must see.

Also, the Osbourne lights are MGM are a must, must, must see.

What about strolling the countries in EPCOT while their decorated for Xmas. EPCOT has a beautiful Xmas tree up that is incredible to see.

I would try to see the things that are only on display during the Xmas holidays.

Father Christmas, Pere Noel and the rest of the national versions of old Saint Nick are one of the highlights of the World Showcase for me even if I am a bit old to believe. When I see them I do, I really do.

Do Epcot after dark too. The entrance into the World Showcase is a sight to behold in itself.

Oh and all the giant Christmas trees! Wow!

Happy Holidays and enjoy!

Mike,
That is the same time we will be there.
We will not be getting in until mid day on the 21st.
We are staying at POR. We plan on wandering around on the 21st and probably going in to see the Osborne lights at MGM.

We plan on MK on the 22nd, my DD and I will be going to Cirque that evening, so my DH and two DS will be at DD at the Lego place.

We plan on 1/2 day at AK and 1/2 day at MGM (must see the parade).
We will definately go to World Showcase. I think my boys will get a kick out of the santas!

I told my husband he better put his running shoes on, cause I am ready! If we see you and DW running around we'll say hello!
Lisajl

thanks,
great tips.
still looking for more info on the things that can only be done at xmas. we have only been in june so this will be a whole new wdw to us and we want to make the most of it.
thanks,
mikewdw

Mike,

Unfortunately, the Mickey Christmas party will not be going on while we are there.
Last I heard...the 20th was the day. I think they were putting more in, but I believe it was after Christmas. Not sure on that.

The only Christmas things are just like someone else posted...the lights, the decorations. Go to the hotels...we plan on seeing the decorations in their lobbies.

I don't think there is any "special" going on other than the Christmas party.

Good luck!
Lisajl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter