Yacht Club Anniversary Trip - pre trip

Lizzy Lemon

DIS Veteran
Right - this is who will be going!

Wendy (me) 46 but feels 21 in mind - Disney mad, the planner
John (DH) 46 - getting almost at Disney mad as me
Glen (DS) 14 - our lovely little boy one minute, stroppy teenager the next and mature young man occasionally
Ashley (DS) 11 - the loud one! A lot of this holiday has been based around his needs with him being very special.

This is us on our 25th Anniversary (the reason for the holiday) 11th September 2007
IMG_5014.jpg

Glen
IMG_3479.jpg

Ashley
IMG_2973.jpg

My thanks have got to go to my darling John for giving me the opportunity to finally plan a WDW holiday. Its been wanted for many, many years but things kept getting in the way so financially it was impossible to go. However, a lot of saving has gone on in the last three years and a lot of planning. When I joined the forums little did I know how much it would contribute to additional expenditure. I learned about the firework cruises, Cirque, MNSSHP, photopass and where it will all start, the SAS Radisson. We have visited DLPR a couple of times the second time we stayed in the Disneyland Hotel, so when we decided to go to Florida DH said he would only consider a deluxe resort, we decided on The Yacht Club, can’t remember why that one stood out, I think it was the position, AKL also appealed but it just seemed so far removed from everything. As this holiday is for our Silver Wedding Anniversary we felt we deserved a very special hotel, so a deluxe it was.

We are driving upto Manchester on Friday 12th October, when DH finishes work at lunchtime. The boys will have already finished school the day before as they have a teacher training day, school did us a favour when they chose that day! I have requested and according to them been allocated runway interconnecting rooms, so on the Saturday morning we plan on checking in the luggage and going back to the hotel for breakfast. We are flying Virgin Atlantic and they have said to use the Special Needs check in but I’m not sure whether it would be better to do online check in the day before, have to think about that one or ring up Virgin yet again. Disney Magical Express is booked (waiting for the documentation).

I’ve listed below the ADR’s I’ve made, as long as we get to see the parks during the day and again at night I will be happy. I’m not too bothered about the rides but I really want to brave Expedition Everest and Tower of Terror and definitely the safari in AK. All the boys want are the water parks and Stormalong Bay.

Sunday 14th October - AK Donalds Breakfastosaurus
Monday 15th October - Epcot Garden Grill 1pm - Wishes cruise
Tuesday 16th October - MK Crystal Palace 1pm - Illuminations Cruise
Wednesday 17th October - YC Galley Breakfast - Seaworld
Thursday 18th October - MM Sci Fi 12.50pm
Friday 19th October - waterpark - Hoop De Doo Show 7.15pm
Saturday 20th October - Cape May Breakfast -golf - Cirque du Soleil 6pm - Raglan Road 8.15pm
Sunday 21st October - MGM Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Package
Monday 22nd October - Waterpark - Chef Mickeys 6.20
Tusday 23rd October - golf during day - Liberty Tree Tavern 5pm for MNSSHP
Wednesday 24th October - maybe 2nd day at Seaworld
Thursday 25th October - 1900 Park Fare 7pm
Friday 26th October - Rose and Crown 7.30pm
Saturday 27th October - DTD check in - Coral Reef 12pm

I’ve made some friends along the way, the cruises we are sharing with two other families, one from the UK and one from Idaho in the USA, we regularly e-mail each other so a pen-pal relationship has been made, and a wonderful person who works for Disney got in touch with me via the forums when I’d posted a question on the YC and we have become e-mail acquainted. This person (don’t want to name names!) has sent me a lovely photo signed by Mickey saying he can’t wait to see us in October - sits in pride of place on my window ledge. This person also said to e-mail them 10 days before we travel and they will try to get us a fabulous room or even an upgrade. While I very much appreciate this I do not want to take advantage, if this comes about then that would be wonderful, a bit more magic to a magical trip.

My friend from Idaho has sent me some Lime Green Mickey Ears so I have popped my Disboards name on and hope someone will call out to me, I’ve got a Dibb lanyard to wear so should be easy to be spotted by someone!!! I’ve just had a phone call to say the tickets have arrived at the travel agents so going to pick those up in the morning. As the holiday is only days away now I thought it time to post this pre trippie, just hope I remember to take plenty of notes when we are away. It won’t be as witty as some trip reports have been as I haven’t been blessed with that gift but it will be filled with enthusiam and a total commitment to having the most fantastic time of our lives.

We will post loads of photos - personally when reading other people’s trippies I enjoy the photos more than anything so that’s what you will be getting!!!!!

Wendy, it sounds magical already, have a wonderful trip and really look forward to your trip report when you come back:thumbsup2

Wendy sounds like it's all coming together for you so all that left to say is have a fab trip :thumbsup2

Wendy, sounds as though you guys have a great trip planned! Can't wait for the trippies!:)

I think you have made the best choice with the Yacht Club. Absolutely great location.

Hope you have the greatest time and looking forward to your trip report and photos

susan

What a great start and it sounds like a wonderful trip. The Yacht Club is a fantastic resort - just wait until you try Stormalong bay :)

Have a great trip

At least i now know what you look like....we will look out for you

Andrea xx

You won't need to look out for us Andrea, you will be able to hear us. When Ashley is upset the whole of Disney will be able to hear us!!! When he decides to get stubborn and refuses to do what we need him to do it can cause a few problems especially when he starts to call his brother an idiot at the top of his voice. I'm expecting a few strange looks! Someone else talking about their special needs child on another thread has said because the child didn't have any visible signs it caused others to treat them unkindly. What with teenage hormones in Glen and awkwardness in Ashley its going to be a fun trip!!!!!

Have a fabulous trip! I remember when you first started planning it and the whole trip seemed such a looong way away.
The YC is such a great resort with all the action close by, I think I`m getting envious ;)
Have a really good time :goodvibes I`ll look forward to reading about it.

I hope you have a great trip, it sounds wonderfull, we had dinner at the Yacht club a couple of weeks ago and it is amazing, the whole area is fantastic, I came home and booked the Beach Club for next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter