Yacht Club, Beach Club & Beach Club Villas ~ Post All Your Photos!!!!

Thank you so much for these photos. We're at the Beach Club in a week... and being able to anticipate via pictures keeps me (mostly) sane while waiting. :hyper:

:goodvibes Enjoyed the pics!!!

I LOVE LOVE the BC!!!! The pool was amazing! My family enjoyed their stay but it was too short... maybe next time will be a little longer! :thumbsup2

Are the rooms at BC smaller then the rooms at the Contemporary? They seem so much smaller

2 queen with daybed

Are the rooms at BC smaller then the rooms at the Contemporary? They seem so much smaller

2 queen with daybed

Yes, the BC rooms are smaller. 422 sq ft vs 381 sq ft. I have never stayed at the CR but we usually split a stay between the Poly (404 sq ft) and BC/YC...the size difference between them is noticeable but we have never found BC or YC rooms uncomfortable at all even as a family of five. The room design is very functional.

I would agree with the poster that the BC rooms are very functional for 5 people! They are very nice!

Just as a note though: The Wilderness Lodge deluxe rooms at 340 sq ft. do feel small. They hold 4 people. We had 4 people and a pack and play set up, it was squishy. The BC rooms are set up different to accomodate the day bed.

Yes, the BC rooms are smaller. 422 sq ft vs 381 sq ft. I have never stayed at the CR but we usually split a stay between the Poly (404 sq ft) and BC/YC...the size difference between them is noticeable but we have never found BC or YC rooms uncomfortable at all even as a family of five. The room design is very functional.

I noticed where you have stayed. What is your favorite and why?
How does POR compare? (I know it doesn't really, but how would you rate its busing and rooms to say WL or BC?) We have stayed at BC and WL and liked both for different reasons. Is the Floridian worth it? ( compared to WL or BC ) Is it worth staying on the monorail resorts?

We have liked the theming of both WL and BC. (different feels)
We love the boat ride to MK from WL! Doesn't compare to boats around Epcot resorts!
We love to eat at Epcot and Love to walk to Epcot from BC!
We love to have the central feel of Epcot area - the walking, boat access instead of buses.
POR looks beautiful, but I don't care for the thought of buses and I do not like the non hotel feel! We stayed there for one night at the end of our stay, but I don't feel we really got to experience the resort and now my husband doesn't wont to go back. Because it was the last day, we never really used the bus system. Only once to get back to the parks in the middle of the day and we waited for what seemed like a long time. We used the boat to DTD when we came back from the parks. We never used the pool or the restaurant. We had to stay in the Bayou because we needed room for 5 people in a room. I think I would rather have the Magnolia rooms.

We can not use WL for a while because we need 5 in a room right now, so I am very glad we experienced WL when we could! We loved our stay there! The theming is nice and I like the less expensive deluxe price. I also love the boat ride to MK! We love the hotel feel! The buses didn't seem bad when we were there in September. We always got on first with out waiting long. I hear so many horror stories about buses in budgets. A friend went to POR and said said she had to be there in line 45 min early to get on the first bus for rope drop. We never had anything like that when we went to WL! So, is it worth trying to talk my husband into POR when we have experienced WL and BC or is he not going to budge and neither would others after being in the deluxes? :confused3

I would love to hear what your opinions are! :lovestruc

Such gorgeous photos! Thanks for posting! My trip to BC is coming up soon!!
:cool1:

I noticed where you have stayed. What is your favorite and why?
How does POR compare? (I know it doesn't really, but how would you rate its busing and rooms to say WL or BC?) We have stayed at BC and WL and liked both for different reasons. Is the Floridian worth it? ( compared to WL or BC ) Is it worth staying on the monorail resorts?

We have liked the theming of both WL and BC. (different feels)
We love the boat ride to MK from WL! Doesn't compare to boats around Epcot resorts!
We love to eat at Epcot and Love to walk to Epcot from BC!
We love to have the central feel of Epcot area - the walking, boat access instead of buses.
POR looks beautiful, but I don't care for the thought of buses and I do not like the non hotel feel! We stayed there for one night at the end of our stay, but I don't feel we really got to experience the resort and now my husband doesn't wont to go back. Because it was the last day, we never really used the bus system. Only once to get back to the parks in the middle of the day and we waited for what seemed like a long time. We used the boat to DTD when we came back from the parks. We never used the pool or the restaurant. We had to stay in the Bayou because we needed room for 5 people in a room. I think I would rather have the Magnolia rooms.

We can not use WL for a while because we need 5 in a room right now, so I am very glad we experienced WL when we could! We loved our stay there! The theming is nice and I like the less expensive deluxe price. I also love the boat ride to MK! We love the hotel feel! The buses didn't seem bad when we were there in September. We always got on first with out waiting long. I hear so many horror stories about buses in budgets. A friend went to POR and said said she had to be there in line 45 min early to get on the first bus for rope drop. We never had anything like that when we went to WL! So, is it worth trying to talk my husband into POR when we have experienced WL and BC or is he not going to budge and neither would others after being in the deluxes? :confused3

I would love to hear what your opinions are! :lovestruc

Well, it really is difficult to compare moderates to deluxes. Having said that, I really do like POR, but mostly for nostalgic reasons. The resort is so beautifully themed (we stayed in the mansions section) and it tugs at my heart strings...feels very "Disney" to me. I go at mostly low-crowd times, so I don't have an issue with buses, etc. However, the only reason I would stay at the moderates now (we stay at deluxes) is for a) a short stay, or b) I'm just more broke than usual!:lmao: I must say, I do not feel it is a step down, I really don't. POR is beautiful.

I like the Epcot area resorts for the same reasons that you have mentioned. I have been happy with every room that we have had at the Epcot 3 (BWI, BC, YC). Love walking to "France" and getting a pastry in the morning. Bliss.

And I like the MK resorts because of the monorail and easy access to MK...and the gorgeous train whistle!!! LOVE IT!

Wilderness Lodge. Adore this resort...however...I do not like the rooms. They just seem a little too campy for me and small. The new decor seems much nicer, though. I think two are the limit in this room, at least for me. When my two sisters and I stayed there, the three of us felt very cramped. I could do a deluxe room at WL (but not the price...:rotfl:). This resort, too, feels very "Disney" to me. For some reason, I feel closest to Walt here. Can't explain it.

Yes, the Floridian is worth it. I like the beauty of this resort, but I still feel relaxed here. There is nothing stuffy about this resort. In fact, out of all the resorts on property, I feel most "on vacation" when I am at the Grand. My sister and I only stay garden view, but that is fine with us. :) I am happy at the Grand, and I love to hear the MK train whistle. It's heaven.

So, to sum up...anywhere on Disney property is good, bottom line. But now I save up for the deluxes because I'm just spoiled! :cloud9:

Thanks for your reply Lisa, it was a reply I was looking for that answered my questions.:thumbsup2

I liked your "I save up for the deluxes because I am just spoiled!" We have stayed at the deluxes because my mother and father have gone with us the last two trips and my mother would not stay in anything less than a deluxe. Now the kids and us are spoiled and find it hard to think to stay in anything less, but...POR just looks so nice I keep trying to get my husband to entertain the idea of staying there again to really try it, but then I think about the buses and no hotel and I say ok! :rotfl2:

Thanks for your reply Lisa, it was a reply I was looking for that answered my questions.:thumbsup2

I liked your "I save up for the deluxes because I am just spoiled!" We have stayed at the deluxes because my mother and father have gone with us the last two trips and my mother would not stay in anything less than a deluxe. Now the kids and us are spoiled and find it hard to think to stay in anything less, but...POR just looks so nice I keep trying to get my husband to entertain the idea of staying there again to really try it, but then I think about the buses and no hotel and I say ok! :rotfl2:

I hear ya! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter