Yachtsman VS. Shula's..Opinions??

Ive never been to Shulas so I cant compare the 2, but we had an absolutely perfect meal at YSH last summer. I would highly recommend it. ::yes::
On the other hand I dont think Ive ever heard a bad review of Shulas either, so Im guessing you cant go wrong at either. ;)

I prefer YSH, mostly because I think it has better service. Shula's has a "man's club" feel to it and the service--while competent and correct-wasn't "Disney friendly". Almost as tho Shula's didn't realize it was in WDW--

Originally posted by Uncleromulus
I prefer YSH, mostly because I think it has better service. Shula's has a "man's club" feel to it and the service--while competent and correct-wasn't "Disney friendly". Almost as tho Shula's didn't realize it was in WDW--

I think Uncle Romulus says it perfectly.
YSH = Disney
Shula's = Not

So say they have LARGER cuts at Shula's, that is sort of true (also larger price), but at YSH there is a butcher on-hand and if you really want a larger cut, they will cut one for you!

YSH has some really terrific appitizers.

We've done both and I like the overall feel at YSH (we had our wedding reception there) more. I think the steak is better at Shulas though.

We ate at Yachtsman last Sat nite. Probably the best steak we've ever had.....most expensive too.

I prefer Shula's. It very much like a Morton's Steak house or possibly a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.

I have been to YSH about 6 times and I have had slow service, inexperienced people and most of all, dry meat.
Went with a party of 6 and no-one liked the meal.

DH and I wanted to kick ourselves for not going to Shulas.

I've done both and I prefer Shula's over Yachtman. I am a steak guy and I feel that the steaks are better at Shulas. For overall food selection, you may be better off at Yachtmans.

One thing to remember, Shulas does NOT accept your WDW resort room card, so you better have cash or a credit card with you.

Good luck and enjoy! :sunny:

There is no better at WDW then what you will get at Shula's. What we had at Narcoosees was close.

Yachtsman, but that is just my view. As you can see from the replies others think otherwise. I like the location and the atmosphere of the Yactsman to make it seem more upscale.

Yachtsmans is one of our favorites. Spent many a holiday meal there. The food and the service are excellent. Ofcourse we might go to Shulas if they would take the DDE card.

Yachtsman-It is always a must do on our vacations-bourbon steak UHMMM-I even crave it after I get home.

Charred Angus Bourbon Strip Steak -- 12 oz. NY Strip Steak marinated in bourbon, served with mashed potatoes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter