Yak & Yeti

Craigdarroch

Mouseketeer
I was trying to make ADR's for an evening when Animal Kingdom has EMH until 9 PM (in mid Sept) and every time I chose from 5 PM on shows nothing available. Hoewever... they do have random times available from noon until 4:45 PM.

My question is... is this because they are simply full that entire evening, or is it because the restaurant does not remain open during EMH late nights, or is it because the ADR does not recognize the fact that the park is open late that evening and therefore doesn't list any reservations that evening?

It could just be that the restaurant is closing at normal park closing time, not staying open through the EMH. Especially since they are a non-Disney restaurant, that definitely could be the case.

When I was booking my ADRs for our February '10 trip, I ran into this very same problem. I had no choice but to accept a 4:45 reservation, but when we arrived at the restaurant there was hardly anyone there. It remained somewhat empty for the rest of the evening, but I did witness people being seated throughout our meal. So, I don't really have a definitive answer, but based on that experience my guess would be that the online system just wasn't recognizing the EMH. I could be wrong, though. :confused3

I'm happy to have the reservation at 4:45, but we were hoping to eat later if possible (since AK will be open late that evening), plus it's DH's birthday.

Haven't tried this restaurant before but the menu looks fantastic and the decor is really interesting.

AK is just magical at night... in fact, I would rather be there at night than in the daytime, it's just a completely different experience. Can't wait!

It's possible that they are booked up for the night you wanted. I just tried 7PM on some Wed nights in Nov and Dec. There was availabilty at various times between 6 and 7:45 on some of the dates and not on others.

I would just keep trying online in hopes that someone cancels.

I think Tusker House and Rainforest are also open during EMH if you're looking for a TS place in AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter