*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Epcot being so walled up is actually a blessing at this point, he won't want to spend a ton of time there so.... pool time!

For the first time I've been adding notes to the My Plans section on MDE. This way my brother can see my thinking for the days he's going to be there and give suggestions!

We arent even going to epcot this trip.. its weird.. but I guess it makes sense for us.. weve done soaring and test track and mission space.. my son did the Nemo ride and will meet the characters at a meal.. so it's just snacking around the world and my husband hated it when we went for festival of the holidays.. so we are doing a pool/rest day and planning on pirates and pals fireworks cruise that evening!

My ADR day is tomorrow!!! I'm so excited! I have a quick question though, for some reason I thought the ADR time opened at 7am EST time and now I'm seeing 6 am EST. Did it change in the past year or am I just imagining things.

Animal Kingdom will be closing at 6:00 pm on Wednesday, 5/6
Does anybody know why animal kingdom will be closing at 6pm on wed 5/6? I looked up at wdwpre and undercover tourist and it seems that this is a good day to go to AK... but I just saw on Disney website that will not have the night show this day... so I’m not sure if this is really a good day to go to this park...

Dear all,

I’m new here and I’m toootally control/planner freaky!
We’re from Brazil and my husband and I went 6 times to Orlando since 2011.
every time was crazy, a loooot to do, parks, restaurants, shopping, Walmart (yeah, Brazilians are crazy about Walmart!).

we are planning to take our daughter to Orlando next may. She will be 2y4m by them and I know that this time must be different, since the trip is for her (and no for my Walmart shopping:scared:)

that being said, my plan is:

1. wait for blackfriday to search for flights and hotels. Is it possible to find deals to Orlando in the blackfriday?

2. Planing:
- arrive in Orlando on apr 29th and stay at cabana bay resort.
Checking out on may 4th
(This week we will go shopping and go 1 day to SeaWorld).

- may 4th: breakfast at chef Mickey, check in on pop century and go to Disney springs
- may 5th (tue): MK
- may 6th (we): HS
- may 7th (thu): AK
- may 8th (fri): relax at the hotel

- may 9th (sat): checking out and fly back to Brazil.

do you think that’s a good plan?

help me pleaseeee😩😩😩

My ADR day is tomorrow!!! I'm so excited! I have a quick question though, for some reason I thought the ADR time opened at 7am EST time and now I'm seeing 6 am EST. Did it change in the past year or am I just imagining things.

I thought same thing! I was told fast pass is 7 am eastern and dining 6 am eastern.

I thought same thing! I was told fast pass is 7 am eastern and dining 6 am eastern.

I think because FP is 7am EST I just combined dining at 7am too.... or was wishful thinking lol. Where I’m at, we are mountain time so to book dining at 6 am means I’m up with 3:45 am alarm clocks to be online at 4 :(

It was worth waking up at 3:45! I got all the ADR’s that my family wanted and the EMM’s for the week. I was relieved that Story Book Dining had availability. That was the most important since DD picked it for her bday supper.

Just booked everything for our trip 5/9-5/17...got almost everything we wanted at the times we wanted...even added in Via Napoli for lunch as an afterthought on our Epcot day (hoping for Space 220 as a substitute eventually). Only thing we couldn't get was Rivers of Light dining package cuz Animal Kingdom closes at 8:00 for some reason (??) on 5/12 so no Rivers of Light...so excited! Haven't been in 10 years.

Does anybody know why animal kingdom will be closing at 6pm on wed 5/6? I looked up at wdwpre and undercover tourist and it seems that this is a good day to go to AK... but I just saw on Disney website that will not have the night show this day... so I’m not sure if this is really a good day to go to this park...

Usually an early closing means some kind of private corporate event. Though AK is also closing early a couple of nights at the end of April, so I'm not totally sure on that.

Either way, it's a "good" day to go in the sense that the crowds will likely be lower due to the early closing. But if you wanted to see Rivers of Light, that's not the night for you. If you have hoppers, you can always plan on going there early and hopping somewhere else for the evening.

Usually an early closing means some kind of private corporate event. Though AK is also closing early a couple of nights at the end of April, so I'm not totally sure on that.

Either way, it's a "good" day to go in the sense that the crowds will likely be lower due to the early closing. But if you wanted to see Rivers of Light, that's not the night for you. If you have hoppers, you can always plan on going there early and hopping somewhere else for the evening.
Thanks!!!! I think I will do ak this day anyway and take the advantage to get lower crowd. We don’t have park hopper but I’m not that excited to see ROL... 😊😊😊 I rather see shows with fireworks! 😬

@acciobrain what is a live countdown email?
I got an email this week from Disney Destinations and every time I access it, it gives me a live up-to-the-second countdown for our trip! I know it's off by a day or two depending on how we tweak our arrival time for flights but it makes me so excited! :hyper:

Dear all,

I’m new here and I’m toootally control/planner freaky!
We’re from Brazil and my husband and I went 6 times to Orlando since 2011.
every time was crazy, a loooot to do, parks, restaurants, shopping, Walmart (yeah, Brazilians are crazy about Walmart!).

we are planning to take our daughter to Orlando next may. She will be 2y4m by them and I know that this time must be different, since the trip is for her (and no for my Walmart shopping:scared:)

that being said, my plan is:

1. wait for blackfriday to search for flights and hotels. Is it possible to find deals to Orlando in the blackfriday?

2. Planing:
- arrive in Orlando on apr 29th and stay at cabana bay resort.
Checking out on may 4th
(This week we will go shopping and go 1 day to SeaWorld).

- may 4th: breakfast at chef Mickey, check in on pop century and go to Disney springs
- may 5th (tue): MK
- may 6th (we): HS
- may 7th (thu): AK
- may 8th (fri): relax at the hotel

- may 9th (sat): checking out and fly back to Brazil.

do you think that’s a good plan?

help me pleaseeee😩😩😩

I don't know that hotels/flights have Black Friday deals, but it's worth a try.

Have you taken a look at crowd calendars to see which parks would be the best days? That's my only thought. Also, we'll be at Pop that week too. If we see each other say hi. :-)

I don't know that hotels/flights have Black Friday deals, but it's worth a try.

Have you taken a look at crowd calendars to see which parks would be the best days? That's my only thought. Also, we'll be at Pop that week too. If we see each other say hi. :-)
Cool!!!
I looked at wdwpre and undercover tourist website and it seems that we will get low crowd on that week 😊😊😊

have you booked the hotel yet?

Anyone know why Rivers of Light isn't running Tuesday/Thursday the week of May 10? Was snagging ADRs for my trip today, and was planning to do the dining package on Tuesday, then looked to Thursday for a backup, and both nights are showing "no shows." FWIW, I grabbed Boma (dinner after a late afternoon arrival), BOG (lunch), Skipper Canteen (dinner), Oga's (3:45 cocktail), and Le Cellier (dinner).

Anyone know why Rivers of Light isn't running Tuesday/Thursday the week of May 10? Was snagging ADRs for my trip today, and was planning to do the dining package on Tuesday, then looked to Thursday for a backup, and both nights are showing "no shows." FWIW, I grabbed Boma (dinner after a late afternoon arrival), BOG (lunch), Skipper Canteen (dinner), Oga's (3:45 cocktail), and Le Cellier (dinner).
I'm wondering the same thing...it looks like they're closing a half hour earlier on Tuesday..that's a little strange.

Hi all! It was ADR day today, coming from the UK it begins at a reasonable time of 11am, I feel so bad for everyone getting up in the middle of the night for theirs :(

We've booked the following, managed to get everything we wanted with no problems. Even had access to the CG brunch and CRT which was very surprising

12th May - MK day BOG lunch 12:45
13th May - HS/Epcot Sanna dinner 7:20
15th May - Toledo dinner 7:30
16th May - Bon Voyage Breakfast 10:15
18th May - The Wave dinner 7:30

I know there isn't a lot there for the 11 days we are there but we also have the QS plan and want to go with the flow and see if we want to pick any up while we're out there :) I know obviously availability is limited but we may get lucky!

We're also going to book the villains after hours on the 14th which I'm super excited about :teeth: and that's all my updates :rotfl:

It's possible they just haven't updated the Rivers of Light schedule yet. If I go to the ROL page directly, it only goes up to 5/10 for now (scheduled for 8:45 that night):

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light/
But if you go to the hours page, ROL for some reason isn't showing up, even on days for which I know there's a show. I put in 5/2-5/6 in this example and the whole week lists nothing, which I'm sure is not correct:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/five-day/2020-05-02/
So they'll probably update it at some point. Looking at last year's hours, ROL was shown basically every night so I don't see why it wouldn't be this coming year:

https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/may19.cfm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter