*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

I had an awful experience today that I don’t want to rehash but it will suffice to say I had $1k in Disney gift cards intended for trip payment stolen by UPS and am currently trying to get it sorted. I purchased on my Sapphire card for the protection but BJs was great when I called, literally everyone was except the horrible UPS Store manager who I reported to corporate. In all the years I’ve been ordering GCs to pay for trips, I never had an issue before. People are disgusting.

I had an awful experience today that I don’t want to rehash but it will suffice to say I had $1k in Disney gift cards intended for trip payment stolen by UPS and am currently trying to get it sorted. I purchased on my Sapphire card for the protection but BJs was great when I called, literally everyone was except the horrible UPS Store manager who I reported to corporate. In all the years I’ve been ordering GCs to pay for trips, I never had an issue before. People are disgusting.
I am so sorry to hear this! I can’t imagine the day you’ve had. I hope that everything gets sorted out quickly and you get your gift cards soon.

That's terrible! It sounds like you did all the right things in terms of protecting yourself so I'm sure you'll end up being fine. But I'm also sure you didn't need or want to deal with a situation like this. Soon enough it'll all be behind you, and you can be enjoying the Polynesian pool again.

Some people are just horrible human beings.. fingers crossed everything gets sorted out quickly for you!

So DHS strikes again.. I obviously do not have a plan for the day yet.. but I had an idea of what we were going to do.. NOT ANYMORE!!! What FP are you all planning on getting??? SDD or MFSR? I was going to do FP SDD and stand by MFSR at the end of the night.. but now I'm worried with the FP the standby lines are going to be horrible.. and HS was going to be my 60+2 day.. oy vey... brain is on total overload today wondering what we are going to do.. this is all without the railroad ride info yet.. once march comes and I get a few fastpasses hopefully everything will make a little more sense!

So DHS strikes again.. I obviously do not have a plan for the day yet.. but I had an idea of what we were going to do.. NOT ANYMORE!!! What FP are you all planning on getting??? SDD or MFSR? I was going to do FP SDD and stand by MFSR at the end of the night.. but now I'm worried with the FP the standby lines are going to be horrible.. and HS was going to be my 60+2 day.. oy vey... brain is on total overload today wondering what we are going to do.. this is all without the railroad ride info yet.. once march comes and I get a few fastpasses hopefully everything will make a little more sense!

We were all set to ignore the CL FP program but this news and the reshuffled tiers have me second guessing that strategy. It will really depend on what happens with MMRR, especially with our 90 day date coming up soon. If that ride gets FP from go then we may consider buying in just for DHS. The thought of trying to get Smugglers Run on 5/4 is :scared:

I'm waiting to see what they do with MMRR. I doubt it will have FP but with all the changes who knows what they'll do!

If you only have one day there, this will be difficult. I've been devising a plan myself of upgrading to hoppers (didn't need them last time, but almost a necessity with the boarding group stuff) and trying to hit DHS a couple of mornings, then go elsewhere. Our "normal" DHS day is 60+4 and we have a possibility of going there the morning of our 60+6. So I'm hoping to get a FP for both of the tier ones now and RD MMRR one of these days. As for ROTR, we're probably going to go over there in the morning of our Epcot day (potentially DHS will still be opening earlier than the other parks - let's say 8:00 instead of 9:00), grabbing a BG, then walking over to Epcot for RD there. It's a lot to deal with for sure, and I'm finding that being flexible (if possible) is the key to trying to get everything in.

If you only have one day there, this will be difficult. I've been devising a plan myself of upgrading to hoppers (didn't need them last time, but almost a necessity with the boarding group stuff) and trying to hit DHS a couple of mornings, then go elsewhere. Our "normal" DHS day is 60+4 and we have a possibility of going there the morning of our 60+6. So I'm hoping to get a FP for both of the tier ones now and RD MMRR one of these days. As for ROTR, we're probably going to go over there in the morning of our Epcot day (potentially DHS will still be opening earlier than the other parks - let's say 8:00 instead of 9:00), grabbing a BG, then walking over to Epcot for RD there. It's a lot to deal with for sure, and I'm finding that being flexible (if possible) is the key to trying to get everything in.

we only have 1 day for DHS- only 3 park days all together. we are going for 5 days for my sons 4th bday- and he is finally tall enough to get on the 38" rides!!! so we were so excited to do slinky dog. but my husband is a HUGE star wars fan. we werent planning on doing hoppers because we kinda like a laxed day of a few hrs at the park- a few hrs to swim and nap at the hotel, and then a nice dinner. i do have 1 day as a pool/ disney springs day... i might have to get another park day instead.

is it crazy to think i will be able to get a SDMT fp on 60+2 instead?? planning ADRs so early, and then FP, and then they change everything up on us.. AHHHHHH!! lol.. my DHS day was going to be as go with the flow as possible.. i guess i will see how FP days go.. other option is do MK DAH and then i dont need to buy a 4th day on our park tix.. so much to think about....

we only have 1 day for DHS- only 3 park days all together. we are going for 5 days for my sons 4th bday- and he is finally tall enough to get on the 38" rides!!! so we were so excited to do slinky dog. but my husband is a HUGE star wars fan. we werent planning on doing hoppers because we kinda like a laxed day of a few hrs at the park- a few hrs to swim and nap at the hotel, and then a nice dinner. i do have 1 day as a pool/ disney springs day... i might have to get another park day instead.

is it crazy to think i will be able to get a SDMT fp on 60+2 instead?? planning ADRs so early, and then FP, and then they change everything up on us.. AHHHHHH!! lol.. my DHS day was going to be as go with the flow as possible.. i guess i will see how FP days go.. other option is do MK DAH and then i dont need to buy a 4th day on our park tix.. so much to think about....

Yeah, having only a few park days definitely makes it tougher too. I saw some negativity about MFSR getting FP yesterday, talking about how again Disney rewards longer, on site stays over everyone else. In my case, I specifically planned DHS towards the end of our trip before we knew anything about these FP's, figuring there would be SOME advantage to that.

As for SDMT, I can't say for sure but you might have a shot at 60+2. A quick look at the Dibb right now has availability at 62 days, so it's not an impossibility.

I've gotten SDMT on 60+2 before. It's not impossible, especially with a smaller party, but you might not get an optimal time.

Yeah, having only a few park days definitely makes it tougher too. I saw some negativity about MFSR getting FP yesterday, talking about how again Disney rewards longer, on site stays over everyone else. In my case, I specifically planned DHS towards the end of our trip before we knew anything about these FP's, figuring there would be SOME advantage to that.

Yeah I saw that too, and I'm sure you can chalk this up to me going on a long trip, but that's always been the case. ADRs have had the same booking window concept for years. And frankly with the rates Disney charges for their resorts, there really ought to be some kind of benefit over offsite guests.

I've been able to get difficult FPs on short trips. Sometimes day of. Not everything of course, but you just have to be persistent and smart with your planning. I always leave AK at the end of a trip to maximize the chances of FOP FP and I have yet to not get one in 4 trips since Pandora opened. I even got one 60+4 on a holiday weekend.

Yeah I saw that too, and I'm sure you can chalk this up to me going on a long trip, but that's always been the case. ADRs have had the same booking window concept for years. And frankly with the rates Disney charges for their resorts, there really ought to be some kind of benefit over offsite guests.

I've been able to get difficult FPs on short trips. Sometimes day of. Not everything of course, but you just have to be persistent and smart with your planning. I always leave AK at the end of a trip to maximize the chances of FOP FP and I have yet to not get one in 4 trips since Pandora opened. I even got one 60+4 on a holiday weekend.

I mean, I agree with everything you're saying here. I would probably feel differently if I were a local AP holder who didn't need to stay on property but wanted to go every few weekends or something. But when we started planning our last trip, I did research and saw what the hardest to get FPs were, then planned accordingly. It's not ideal and won't make everyone happy, but you have to work with the system in place and this is it. Unless they're going to overhaul the entire FP system, those are just the breaks. I'm not at all surprised that MFSR got FPs now - it was always planned to have them and I'm kind of surprised they waited this long.

An update on the gift card saga: BJs deactivated the stolen ones and re-shipped new ones, today they gave me the new tracking number. Someone will actually be home this time to sign for the package so fingers crossed. I'm still floored that this happened tbh, I've never had an issue before.

As for SDMT, I can't say for sure but you might have a shot at 60+2. A quick look at the Dibb right now has availability at 62 days, so it's not an impossibility.

What is the Dibb?

I'm seeing conflicting information about the d2 summit that takes place may 8-10....we are going to parks may 9-15. I'm reading that the cheerleaders dont got to the parks during the day but at night and some say its busy at those times and others say its moderate and parks are still very manageable. Does anyone have any experience?

I'm seeing conflicting information about the d2 summit that takes place may 8-10....we are going to parks may 9-15. I'm reading that the cheerleaders dont got to the parks during the day but at night and some say its busy at those times and others say its moderate and parks are still very manageable. Does anyone have any experience?
We used to go the first week of May between the Summit and the D2 Summit, and even though it was pretty good crowd wise Tues-Thurs it was a total nightmare Fri, Sat and Sun. We started to hate going then.
So a few years ago we switched to the middle of May. This year we are going May 10-18. Even though we arrive the last day of the D2 every year we don’t notice them to much on Sun and by the Mon. after it is usually great for the rest of week. The crowds are low to moderate and there aren't mobs of cheerleaders to be seen anywhere. So for us, the middle of the month is the time we will always chose, so the 9-15 should be good for you. You may have to endure some large cheer groups on the 9th and maybe the 10th, but if you encounter any just flee in a different direction.
Hope you have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!