YC or BC or use more points for OKW

Laurel

Earning My Ears
Have a ressie for 2 bedroom at OKW Dec 2-8. Relatives backed out, now only need room for hubby and me. On wait list for 1 bedroom at OKW, but could save points if stayed at YC or BC. Recently stayed in studio at BW and loved the location, and also used a grandvilla at OKW and loved the tranquility. Also, unsure which to pick, YC or BC if I go that route. Any suggestions?

First of all, wanted to remind you that you cannot use points to make a DC hotel reservation if it is 60 days or less until the end of your use year. Also, if you need to cancel your reservation at one of the DC hotels, the points go into a special account and you can't use them at a DVC resort.

If you are approaching that 60 day deadline, I think I would just go ahead and make the BC/YC reservation, and cancel your OKW 2 Bdrm. Both hotels are very nice and you already know the great benefits of that location. I think the location is especailly nice during the Holiday season.

If you don't need to worry about the 60 day deadline or any banking deadlines, I'd give the waitlist more time to work. There doesn't seem to be availability problems at any of the deluxe hotels this year (you could call CRO and see what it looks like) Therefore, you could make that points reservation right before your DVC cancellation deadline if the waitlist doesn't come through. Even though that first week in December is really popular, there are a lot of units there. I think you have a good chance of the waitlist coming through.

Good luck!

If you decide to go YC/BC, I'd pick YC just because of the construction of the villas at BC. (Hmm, an all-Minnesota thread so far!)

I'm confused, it is my assumption that points for the YC or BC would be more than using weekend points at OKW. I love the space and atmosphere in the larger units, so I would say the 1 bedroom, but that's me.

I just had to keep this an all Minnesota thread!:D

We have the ressie at OKW for a 2 bedrm unit and that is why it would take less points for a rm at the YC or BC. Thanks everyone for your comments. Also, Dec is the beginning of our use yr, so don't have to fret about the points being in the 60 day window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter