Yeah and it Smells Like Hotdogs...A January 2017 TR *Completed 10/27*

What a great evening at Epcot! DS's face on Spaceship Earth is hilarious! And I love all the character photos :)
Thanks, it was a really great night.

That picture is fantastic!!! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:
This one always gives me the best faces

That does frustrate me. Admittedly, I abused the system a little bit, but it was never anything like that. We always had someone waiting with 1 or 2 kids and we just made sure to get them so that the older kids could maybe get a second ride with the second round of adults. I'm surprised that worked there though. I can't think of any time we haven't had to take the little ones up to the entrance to get the rider swap or the card to hand in later for the RS pass.
I do that too, I don't really think that is an abuse though :confused3. I am always super diligent about bringing the kids up, but I suppose he could just point to any woman and child sitting near the entrance there and say it's his wife.

That's great! I'm glad he enjoyed it!
I knew he would, he just needs a push sometimes.

Yeah, good point. It is super expensive and I've had similar steaks for less. I've never had that soup replicated to quite the same effect though.
True, the soup was quite good.

At least he was clearly enjoying meeting them! Or at least enjoyed meeting Elsa!
He did, he loves meeting characters so much.

Awesome hidden Figment!!!
:figment:

How nice of him! Everybody got their souvenirs!!
Yup, they certainly blew through their souvenir money.

Joining in! Looks like a great trip so far! AKL is totally on our list to try thanks to that Disney Jr commercial! Looking forward to hearing more!

Day 7: Part 1
Can You Feel the Love this Morning?

I was up at 6 am the next morning, excited, but sad for our last full day. We had just a short hike to our breakfast location this morning, Boma. I was very excited to finally get to try the much talked about Jungle Juice. I loved it as I knew I would. My first plate I tried to be adventurous and try the African choices bobotie, corned beef hash, pap, and Chakalaka. I was not a fan of any of it, but at least I gave it a try:thumbsup2. Everything else was so good and there was a huge selection here. As opposed to other buffet locations that just double everything on each side, the entire length of the buffet was filled with different things. We had a very nice and filling breakfast and I would highly recommend checking this place out if you stay here. Unfortunately, I forgot to take any pictures other than of this awesome looking column :confused3.

We took the bus over to Animal Kingdom, which gave us a good view of the floating mountains. We weren’t in a big rush this morning, so we stopped for some PP pictures.

Once inside, we saw a group of kids becoming Wilderness Explorers, and DS 6 & 4 joined then. While they were making their pledge the park officially opened. We make another PP stop before heading to our first ride.

We were headed to…

Stand-by wait is…3P???

There were multiple school groups in front of us and lucky for us, there was room on a vehicle for our family to ride with a group of middle schoolers:scared:. I actually was surprised, they were very well behaved and if one of them did anything wrong the adult with them immediately corrected it. It was refreshing to see and I made sure to compliment the adults when we were getting off. We had a really amazing safari experience, probably the best one yet, so I have lot of pictures to share.

Baby elephant!!!

Even the cheetah was out this morning, we never get to see him

OMG the lions are actually doing something

Can you feel the love this morning?? :love:

Okay, enough with the lions

Continued Below

After the safari the boys made their first Wilderness Explorer stop. Then we got more PPs before heading into the Gorilla Trail.

We had so much fun doing all the WE stops on the trail and of course seeing the gorillas.

The only blurry shot I got of the baby gorilla

We needed to rush towards the end, because we had a fastpass to get too. On the way I took lots of pictures and the boys stopped to trade some pins.

Our first fastpass of the day was used here.

We had to wait in a line a little bit and there was a father and his son in front of us. They must have just arrived for a quick weekend trip as they were discussing their plans. And the dad said to the son, how would you like to leave two days later than planned. The boy was so excited, it was awesome to see:D.

We were let in the theater and got seats in the lion section.

This was the boys first time to see the show and they loved it. After the show we stopped at the drums to get another sticker in their books and to play some drums of course.

It was time to head out of Africa but not before another PP stop.

I feel like this park has so many more PP out than any other park, anybody else feel this way?

Last edited:
Glad you had a good breakfast at Boma!

You guys got so many great PP pics at AK! Btw your hair looks great!

Great safari pics, especially of the lions.

y first plate I tried to be adventurous and try the African choices bobotie, corned beef hash, pap, and Chakalaka. I was not a fan of any of it, but at least I gave it a try:thumbsup2
Not sure I'd care for it either, but I certainly admire the effort to at least give it a try!

Stand-by wait is…3P???

Huh... well that's a new one!

There were multiple school groups in front of us and lucky for us, there was room on a vehicle for our family to ride with a group of middle schoolers:scared:.
Scary situation, but I'm glad they were well behaved and that was very nice of you to acknowledge that to the chaperones.

We had to wait in a line a little bit and there was a father and his son in front of us. They must have just arrived for a quick weekend trip as they were discussing their plans. And the dad said to the son, how would you like to leave two days later than planned. The boy was so excited, it was awesome to see:D.
2 extra days at Disney World??? Heck yeah!!!!

My first plate I tried to be adventurous and try the African choices bobotie, corned beef hash, pap, and Chakalaka. I was not a fan of any of it, but at least I gave it a try:thumbsup2. Everything else was so good and there was a huge selection here. As opposed to other buffet locations that just double everything on each side, the entire length of the buffet was filled with different things. We had a very nice and filling breakfast and I would highly recommend checking this place out if you stay here.

We LOVE Boma!! So glad you got to give it a try. I love how much variety this is there. I always end up with a mix of the African-inspired and more American choices, and everything is always so good. It seems like they have the most different things of any of the buffets I usually go to, because you're right that a lot of buffets have two sides with repeating dishes.

31825886493_1521017787.jpg

Your boys are very handsome little guys!

Baby elephant!!!

So sweet! What a great picture you got!

OMG the lions are actually doing something

No way! Unheard of!

Awesome pictures!

Glad you had a good breakfast at Boma!

You guys got so many great PP pics at AK! Btw your hair looks great!

Great safari pics, especially of the lions.
Thanks, I actually had time to do something other than throw it up in a pony. We loved getting to see the lions up and doing stuff, I was rapid shooting it to try and get something good.

Not sure I'd care for it either, but I certainly admire the effort to at least give it a try!
Thanks, we really try and step outside our comfort zone when we can.

Huh... well that's a new one!
:confused3:confused3:confused3

Scary situation, but I'm glad they were well behaved and that was very nice of you to acknowledge that to the chaperones.
Me too, you always see parents/chaperones that don't really, I thought they deserved to be praised for caring.

2 extra days at Disney World??? Heck yeah!!!!
I know right, can someone please surprise me with extra Disney days.

We LOVE Boma!! So glad you got to give it a try. I love how much variety this is there. I always end up with a mix of the African-inspired and more American choices, and everything is always so good. It seems like they have the most different things of any of the buffets I usually go to, because you're right that a lot of buffets have two sides with repeating dishes.
We go to enough Disney buffets, that it can get boring, but not here. I really appreciated the spread.

Your boys are very handsome little guys!
Thank you :blush:

So sweet! What a great picture you got!
That little guy was running so fast, it was the only shot I got, but I love it.

No way! Unheard of!
Early morning and cool seems to be a good combo to get the lions out.

Awesome pictures!
:thanks:

Day 7: Part 2
I Spy Some Animals

We had some time, so we walked along the Tree of Life trail. This was a first time doing this.

I'm not sure what's going on here :rotfl:

Then we saw Russell meeting, I’m so sad they got rid of Dug though:sad2:. There was a little wait but the boys passed the time translating their barks.

We had a great meet with Russell (except DS4 who didn't want to join), he loved my ears.

I didn't think DS2 knew who this was, but he was very excited nonetheless.

We had our next FP, for another m&g.

We still waited 20 minutes though and the boys were getting antsy. You can’t beat being able to meet Mickey and Minnie together though.

The boys were feeling hungry, and I don’t remember our thinking at the time, but we decided to skip lunch and just get snacks. We got some Mickey pretzels and this weird claw pastry that I don’t know how to describe except I didn’t like it:rotfl2:. We ate in the Flame Tree BBQ area, and were peacefully enjoying our snack when this guy came around.

DS6 was freaking out, so we quickly left and headed into Dinoland USA.

Mmmm, love Boma breakfast! It's been a long time since we've had it!

Love your safari pictures! Great shots and you saw a lot of activity!

Well, nobody looks upset, so we'll just roll with it. Great facial expressions. :rotfl2::rotfl:

We still waited 20 minutes though and the boys were getting antsy. You can’t beat being able to meet Mickey and Minnie together though.
Wow... long wait for a FP, but yes, seeing Mickey and Minnie together is a definite win!

We ate in the Flame Tree BBQ area, and were peacefully enjoying our snack when this guy came around.
Those dudes can be aggressive. That's the worst part of eating at Flame Tree.

Mmmm, love Boma breakfast! It's been a long time since we've had it!
It wasn't somewhere I every really thought about until we stayed there, but I would totally go back.

Love your safari pictures! Great shots and you saw a lot of activity!
Thanks, the cool weather and early morning seemed to be the perfect combo.

Well, nobody looks upset, so we'll just roll with it. Great facial expressions. :rotfl2::rotfl:
My kids love to pose :confused3

Wow... long wait for a FP, but yes, seeing Mickey and Minnie together is a definite win!
We've never had good luck here, but it is a quality m&g.

Those dudes can be aggressive. That's the worst part of eating at Flame Tree.
For sure, lots of guests were battling with the birds.

I agree. So sad!
Maybe they will bring him back one day

Oh no! Poor DS! The birds can be pretty aggressive, so that's a fair reaction.
If only people would stop feeding them :rolleyes2

I need to walk that trail on my next trip, I've always wanted to and your pics came out so great!

Adorable pics with Russell and Mickey & Minnie!

I like this "wild" animal! ;)

Baby elephant!!!
Awesome!!!! The elephants weren't out the day we were there. That baby elephant is too cute!!!
Can you feel the love this morning?? :love:
Man, I don't think I have ever seen the animals moving around at all! Awesome!

And the dad said to the son, how would you like to leave two days later than planned. The boy was so excited, it was awesome to see:D.
Disney magic!

Sometimes, these are the best photos! Love it.

I find this so funny.

I need to walk that trail on my next trip, I've always wanted to and your pics came out so great!
This was our first time and it was worth it, pretty quick too.

Adorable pics with Russell and Mickey & Minnie!
Thanks, we had a great time.

I like this "wild" animal! ;)
:rotfl2:

Awesome!!!! The elephants weren't out the day we were there. That baby elephant is too cute!!!
We were so lucky to catch a glimpse, that baby was running was moving quickly to go hide.

Man, I don't think I have ever seen the animals moving around at all! Awesome!
Early morning and cold, I think helped us.

Disney magic!
I know, so special.

Sometimes, these are the best photos! Love it.
I'll take over pouting and refusing to take pics anyday.

I find this so funny.
I know, I just love their "adventures"

Just read through your report. Love it!!!
I'm glad you go to experience Earl of Sandwich. It's one of my favorite places. I'm getting a craving for it just thinking about it!! :) When we stay at SSR, we walk over there at least a couple of times during our trip to eat there.
I agree with your assessment of the new addition to Disney Springs. Just feels like a over-priced out-door shopping mall. However, I do appreciate that they have added more restaurants and more bathrooms!

Did you end up getting all settled in in the Dallas area?

Day 7: Part 3
The Wilderness Must Be Explored

As we headed into Dinoland U.S.A., Connor was more concerned about getting Wilderness Explorer badges than riding rides.

Joe told him if he braved Dinosaur, he would take him to two more stations. And that was all it took to convince him to go on the ride.

He said he actually enjoyed the ride, but didn't want to ride again with me when I used the rider swap.

Meanwhile I took the boys to see Donald.

After our meet, we still had time to kill so we got in line for triceratops spin. I have no photographic evidence, so you’ll just have to take my word on it though:thumbsup2. They got off Dino while we were on triceratop spin, so Joe took DS6 to a wilderness explorer station near by. We met back up with Joe and DS6 and I took the rider swap to ride Dinosaur alone.

:rotfl2:I have no idea what's going on

Meanwhile, Joe took the boys to another Wilderness Explorer station.

Finally, I had my final FP to use at Expedition Everest.

Then we swapped so Joe could ride.

We spent that time relaxing in the Rivers of Light theater (still hadn’t opened at that point), but I thought the area was beautiful.

We met back up and decided to head out. I really wanted to see the Nemo show, but it was getting late and the boys were tired. As we were walking out there was a performance going on.

I also got one last picture of the floating mountains during the construction phase (can't wait to go back and see the completed project).

We went back to the hotel for a little bit. Joe took DS 4 & 2 up to the room to the room to relax. DS6 and I went to the front desk to finish off the rest of our gift cards.

Then we went into the store to buy an AKL magnet and a wood carved bowl. DS6 also did some pin trading. We didn’t have much time to rest, soon it was time to head back out for our dinner ADR.

Last edited:
Just read through your report. Love it!!!
:welcome:

I'm glad you go to experience Earl of Sandwich. It's one of my favorite places. I'm getting a craving for it just thinking about it!! :)
When we stay at SSR, we walk over there at least a couple of times during our trip to eat there.
OMG I loved it so much, it stinks that's it in Disney Springs, since we rarely ever make time to go down there

I agree with your assessment of the new addition to Disney Springs. Just feels like a over-priced out-door shopping mall. However, I do appreciate that they have added more restaurants and more bathrooms!
::yes::

Did you end up getting all settled in in the Dallas area?
We did, we moved down here in June and love it so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts