Year Of A Million Dreams Anyone?

catpaws007

Earning My Ears
Has any Gay couples/ppl won anything from "Year of a million dreams?"

My Lady and I were getting off of Thunder Mountain and a team was there and gave us both rare disney mickey ear hats!!

I thought for sure they would try and go after families.. I was surprised when we won... OMG BTW it was my birthday too... SO THAT WAS extra awesome!

:earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Nothing officially from the Dream Team, but we did get an upgrade at the Poly last year that was amazing! It made our vacation extremely special and I could never adequately thank the generous CM who gave us the pixie dusting.

Corey and I had always wanted to stay at the Poly. That was a dream come true, even without the pixie dusting.

Received the Dream Ears and a Dream Fastpass at EPCOT.

We havent gotten anything, but we aren't allowed to win :rolleyes1

Actually I lie, I think we got DisneyQuest passes at the start of it.

my bf and I got a VIP meet n greet with a Disney Princess. It turned out to be Cinderella. That was on the first day of our 10 day trip over xmas vacation. Most of the prizes are completely random, but I think this one was targeted. We were walking down mainstreet with top hats on and holding hands and a dream squad member stopped us and started a conversation. Since DBF was not living with me at the time, we qualified for the prize even though I'm a CM.

We're in the parks all the time and haven't been tapped for any "dreams" at all. Which really is fine with us, we didn't need the extra incentive to go to Disney.

With all that's going on at Disney lately (most specifically the closing of the Adventurers Club and the rest of Pleasure Island) we've decided that October will start the next phase of the "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion by starting the "Year of Shattered Dreams" nightmare.

The slogan for this next phase will be "I went to Pleasure Island and all I got was this lousy T-shirt Shop!"

We also got the meet and greet with the princesses, we got Aurora, Snow White, and Cinderella in a really cool little room, but it was also because it was my bf's birthday and my two year old niece's birthday and they were both wearing buttons.

We're in the parks all the time and haven't been tapped for any "dreams" at all. Which really is fine with us, we didn't need the extra incentive to go to Disney.

With all that's going on at Disney lately (most specifically the closing of the Adventurers Club and the rest of Pleasure Island) we've decided that October will start the next phase of the "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion by starting the "Year of Shattered Dreams" nightmare.

The slogan for this next phase will be "I went to Pleasure Island and all I got was this lousy T-shirt Shop!"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao:
I LOVE IT!
You should make a tshirt with that on it!!!!

We got MK Dream Fastpasses one day when we were with our Niece and Nephews, their parents and my inlaws.

It was actually a fairly quiet morning and we could have done most of the FP attractions easily by sending a scout (me) running around the park to coordinate FPs, but, it was nice to skip that step.

At Epcot I got a visit to the Test Track VIP Lounge for drinks and then a back door on the attraction.

On two separate Disneyland trips I have gotten Dream Fast Passes. One time it was so perfect. I had already done the parks for a couple of days and I was in just for the morning with my cousin who was living in SoCal at the time. I was taking an afternoon flight home, so we just had a few hours to do what we could. The Fastpass let us do so much in that small amount of time! It was great!:cool1:

We have had some very special moments during the promotion. Julia getting 30 mins with 3 princesses privately. Jasmine and Aladin sending her a signed picture. All things made special by the staff, most definately! However, we have never seen the actual "dream team". Heck, I wouldn't know them if I saw them.

Maybe we will see them and get a castle night in October. Julia thinks Cinderilla i waiting on her in the castle to come stay with her. I think the only way that would happen is to use her "Make a Wish" wish.... and I am not willing to do that over a night in the castle....

Everytime we go she asks. Tho I *hope* this time she will be too determined to see Jasmine to pay much attention :)

Last year my partner, our kids, and I started our second AK day at Triceratops Spin (our girls LOVE that ride - they were 3 and 4 at the time) and the Dream Team gave out Dream Fast Passes to everyone on the first ride of the day (at least I think it was the first ride).

This spring the Dream Team was passing out ears as we got off... something... :confused3 Clearly a life-altering experience for me! :rotfl: I was SOOO hoping they were Dream Fast Passes, but no such luck.

Seems like we always see them lurking about. :)

- Scott

We got dream passes and year of a million dreams lanyards and pins on gay day at MK last year, and this year we have had the mickey ears. Lets hope we get something again in September!:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter