Year of a Million Dreams Page Ideas

There's a "Jolee" type topper (I think it's an EK Success one) that goes with the Disney things that is blue with stars, silver, etc, and it says "Dreams Do Come True". That would be good with the light blue/dark blue/silver theme.

Can't wait to hear your dream story!! :)

That is exactly what I was going to say! I don't do a whole lot of scrapbooking, but I got that sticker once and thought it would be good for a YOAMD layout!

EDIT: O. M. G. You won a CRUISE?!?!?!?! That is so awesome! (And so not fair. LOL)

Thanks again for all the congrats!! It doesn't even seem real that we won. Guess it will when we get to go on the cruise. Anyone who has been on one and has great suggestions...I am all open to them!! I really want to know how to get a pic with Captain Jack in front of the Flying Dutchman! I have two boys and they LOVE Captain Jack!! OK...so does Mom but only the Johnny Depp version!! pirate:

Beth

Be at Castaway Cay first thing in the morning. He does to photo sessions lasting half hour each. First is around 9:30 and second at 10:30. It is just a short walk from the ship.

Thanks again for all the congrats!! It doesn't even seem real that we won. Guess it will when we get to go on the cruise. Anyone who has been on one and has great suggestions...I am all open to them!! I really want to know how to get a pic with Captain Jack in front of the Flying Dutchman! I have two boys and they LOVE Captain Jack!! OK...so does Mom but only the Johnny Depp version!! pirate:

Beth

The cruise is great for getting scrapping stuff. There are all kinds of little "extras" for doing pages. I collect all this stuff and haven't done any yet. :rotfl: But they do shows where they shoot confetti and streamers out... a bit of that is good. The last night in the atrium, they do a farewell show where there's some Mickey head silver confetti. DCL napkins, all the daily Navigators (activity lists), spare luggage tags. They have spare Navigators at Guest Services every day and spare luggage tags the last night. If you want to scrap your Navigator, you'll probably want to take a folder and get a crisp, clean, spare one every day as looking over the one to actually plan things does take its toll. ;)

As for pictures, there are so many interesting little things. The elevator indicators are Mickey's hands in some places. Walt's initials in the carpet, Disney chars worked into the stair railing, towel animals in your room, hidden Mickeys.

Check out the cruise boards for any questions you have. You can find an answer there for everything.

And congrats on winning!

Well, my younger son was on Star Tours with my husband and older son (I can't ride because those motion rides make me dizzy). I was waiting at the entrance to the gift shop and my huband calls me and tells me that he and the boys are coming out with some Disney folks. Honestly, I thought either the 3 year old or the 7 year old had been thrown off the ride or something!

Anyway, out they come with two Dream Squad members (in white vests) and another Disney cast member. They told us that our son had been in the right place at the right time (the 3 year old) and they wanted us to come to the front of the park with them.

Now, we are Disney freaks...married at the Wedding Pavilion and we go to WDW at least once a year. I had wondered how people got those Dream Fast Passes and nights in Cinderella's castle. We were about to find out.

We get to the front of the park and they take us to this room and people keep coming in from Disney. Finally, they set a little DVD player down and it starts playing this Year of A Million Dreams thing and says we have won a Disney Cruise and we get to stay in the Walt or Roy Disney Suite on the ship and some other things!! Only 3 of that prize were given away out of the million so we were really excited. In fact, I was so excited I forgot to get any pictures! Now for me, that is really saying something!!

So, Disney e-mailed me the pictures they took so I have about 8 photos of the winning moments. It is great because they captured our reactions to the prize reveal and we got one with all the Dream Squad crew. Needless to say, Disney rocks in the Customer Service department!!

Now you know the story...what are your ideas for the page?!!!

Thanks so much!!

That is way too cool!! How exciting for all of you! I got goose bumps just reading about it. :banana: :banana:

lettie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter