Yee Haw Bob Sexual Harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were warning signs- Don’t go in the water. People ignore them.

Well said.

Respectfully, I don’t think this is anything like Cosby. We don’t know it was a butt grab. How much of someone’s butt can you grab while she’s sitting down? Did he accidentally come in contact with her while posing in a group photo? Possibly. Was it intentional? Probably not. Was there any evidence provided? No. A photo she was too traumatized to look at. Really? Seems a bit over the top esp considering she was sitting on most of her butt. So I don’t even think it was a butt grab.
To drag him thru the mud on the basis of her perceived take on what happened is irresponsible to say the least.

I know you don’t know Bob. But maybe if you did, you’d be more sceptical of this allegation.

I don’t think this is the same as Cosby either, but the arguments against the accusers are the same regardless. That has been my point all along. Even when the alleged crimes are far more atrocious, we still say it’s a bit over the top, she took it too seriously, she’s ruining his reputation etc. etc.

IMO it’s far easier to believe that somebody copped a handful of butt because sadly that happens to women all too often but people are still saying it most likely didn’t happened. It’s also been minimized and excused as if he did grab her butt then he was just trying to keep her from falling.

You’re right, I don’t know him. It seems a lot of people here know him on quite a personal level (not just as a persona/performer). If I did I might be in disbelief if it were incongruent with the person I knew, but I wouldn’t turn a blind eye to the possibility of truth.

Predators don’t look like monsters, they look like trustworthy pillars of good and community. They are the people you’d never suspect-that is usually what creates the opportunity in the first place and the narrative of the good man who is the real victim is an easy narrative to follow.

I realize this thread is about a specific incident, however I think it points to a bigger conversation as it parallels almost every damn conversation around such allegations no matter how severe. This should make us all take pause IMO.

I realize this thread is about a specific incident, however I think it points to a bigger conversation as it parallels almost every damn conversation around such allegations no matter how severe. This should make us all take pause IMO.
Honestly though, things should be taken as a case by case basis. If we did that it would likely be a more open dialogue rather than assuming that because one has an issue with an incident means they approach every incident the same way.

Please do not assume that because I'm not storming the gates on behalf of Michelle that I don't have a completely and utterly different view on the matter of Bill Cosby. I am capable of looking at situations separately and I know other posters are as well even if there are comments that you don't agree with their viewpoint on this situation (and I don't even agree with everyone's viewpoint as I already mentioned) please do not assume that they would have the same reaction to each and every situation that concerns this subject matter.

The signs did not warn of alligators, not did they say no entering the water, they said no swimming, big difference
But why would the signs say 'no swimming' unless there was some big reason not to get into the water? I don't deny that Disney could have done better pointing out the gators but saying no swimming means the water or something in it is a no-go..

But why would the signs say 'no swimming' unless there was some big reason not to get into the water? I don't deny that Disney could have done better pointing out the gators but saying no swimming means the water or something in it is a no-go..

Not necessarily. No swimming could be because there’s no lifeguard so they don’t want to take responsibility if someone swims and drowns. No swimming is also very different from don’t get in the water under any circumstance. I’ve safely waded in places where I’d never swim. That being said, I never let my kids get into the water at WDW because doing so never occured to me mainly because I’m a naturally cautious person and we always go in December. Alligators weren’t considered.

Not necessarily. No swimming could be because there’s no lifeguard so they don’t want to take responsibility if someone swims and drowns. No swimming is also very different from don’t get in the water under any circumstance. I’ve safely waded in places where I’d never swim. That being said, I never let my kids get into the water at WDW because doing so never occured to me mainly because I’m a naturally cautious person and we always go in December. Alligators weren’t considered.

I think a lot of this depends on where you have grown up. I grew up in SE TX. Lots of reasons to be afraid of even wading in water. One look at the waters at WDW should scare anyone.

But why would the signs say 'no swimming' unless there was some big reason not to get into the water?

I know it's tempting to drift off onto other subjects, but I'm finding it hard enough keeping up with the actual content of this thread without starting to discuss alligators at the the Grand Floridian now... :)

Back on topic, I think we need to remember that although we have almost certainly found the date of the alleged incident at the River Roost, we can't be certain that it happened during the taking of this specific photo (mainly because the accuser seems to be fairly sketchy with actual hard information - even the year was not confirmed until yesterday). While it does fit with what information has been so far gleaned and seems the most likely conclusion, there are a lot of people present and there could easily have been other individual photos taken too for example.

Andre

Boats was what I thought tbh.
I don’t want to go further off track about this tangent on this thread.
I know many thought the signs were adequate but just as many didn’t, in this case I think it was Disney’s responsibility to have clear signage and since half the posters didn’t have the same understanding it shows they weren’t clear enough.

Back on topic, I think we need to remember that although we have almost certainly found the date of the alleged incident at the River Roost, we can't be certain that it happened during the taking of this specific photo (mainly because the accuser seems to be fairly sketchy with actual hard information - even the year was not confirmed until yesterday). While it does fit with what information has been so far gleaned and seems the most likely conclusion, there are a lot of people present and there could easily have been other individual photos taken too for example.

Andre
I was thinking about this too. That other photos were taken, since they do that often. The only part of that option that leaves me uncertain about other photos is being on the piano. I imagine they got on top of the piano to fit everyone in the photo so if there were other photos with fewer people in them I am not so sure they've have stayed on top of the piano for other photos. But, it's all guessing of course. Just part of trying to figure out a story that fits everyone's side.

Has anyone seen someone climb on top of this rocking piano? Is there a step? Are there locks on the rockers to steady it? I don’t get it. I used a rocking chair once to reach something on a high shelf. It didn’t end well.

I wonder if her friend wasn’t taking pictures of the spectacle of getting off a rocking piano. And then later decided YB’s hand was in the wrong place as he tried to help. Just pondering.

Probably far fetched but Bob seems to be of slight build, maybe she unsteadied his piano bench as she plopped down on it. His natural reaction would be to try and steady her .. reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer stops short & George’s mom thinks he made a pass at her ..
I’m bringing back my “stopped short” theory. I originally wrote probably “far fetched” because I plopped down on the edge of my piano bench several times and I just couldn’t get it to wobble. I had no idea there was a ROCKING piano involved. A very tall upright at that. She had written that he invited her to sit on the piano, I figured she mistakenly left out the word bench. Increases my doubts by about 1000%. But I’m still open to credible stories from other “victims”.

I haven't ever seen anyone climb onto or off of the piano. Nor have I seen any rockers on the piano. Although he sometimes does rock the piano, it doesn't have rockers on it.

I haven't ever seen anyone climb onto or off of the piano. Nor have I seen any rockers on the piano. Although he sometimes does rock the piano, it doesn't have rockers on it.
I’ll have to watch that video again, looked like it was moving pretty good. I can barely move mine and it has wheels on it. Pianos ain’t light.

Has anyone seen someone climb on top of this rocking piano? Is there a step? Are there locks on the rockers to steady it? I don’t get it. I used a rocking chair once to reach something on a high shelf. It didn’t end well.

There must be a lock or something to keep it steady. I would think that the combined weight of three people would pull the piano forward too much to hold them for any length of time.

Just watched a video of Bob playing FLIGHT Of THE BUMBLEBEE only it was on a little electric piano..but WOW was that impressive. I did find a little clip though on his upright and that thing was a rockin’ big time. Like previous poster said, it HAS to have locks.
ETA .. and in no way am I trying to say he’s not guilty of groping just because he plays a mean FLIGHT OF THE BUMBLEBEE
2nd ETA .. but I am jealous

Last edited:
On a happier note: someone on the kTp crew asked about staying at POR and 2 different people suggested YB as a reason to stay there, with no one making any comments about this accusation.

Huh, so after 42 pages on the DIS of people complaining that this accusation is unfair because it would destroy a good man's reputation, it has proven to have .... no effect whatsoever? Could it possibly be that niche markets of social media have a much smaller effect on the real world than we think that they do? And that people's "reputations" are much less affected by social media then we think they are?

Huh, so after 42 pages on the DIS of people complaining that this accusation is unfair because it would destroy a good man's reputation, it has proven to have .... no effect whatsoever? Could it possibly be that niche markets of social media have a much smaller effect on the real world than we think that they do? And that people's "reputations" are much less affected by social media then we think they are?
I think it shows this Michelle and Mike has a much smaller podcast and Facebook audience than thought.

I know I thought they had a fairly good size audience. Seems I was wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter