Yes, I lost it

I want my children to do to WDW for gay days. I want them to see people who love each other, people who are proud of who they are. If I can turn to my DH and kiss him or hold his hand in WDW then everyone else should be able to do that also.

I pray that my kids will grow up knowing that everyone is equal, that everyone on this earth deserves the same respect no matter who they love!

This is exactly how I feel about it; I can't imagine taking my (future) children to the place where the magic lives and telling them that not everyone has the right to have a happy ending. And I don't care if people are born gay or if they choose it (though, out of all of my gay friends, none of them feel it was in any way a choice), I believe that love between consenting individuals is never a bad thing and I can't think of any better way to really show my children that families come in many different forms than to have them experience the magic of Disney with many different kinds of people. I'd love to be able to take them during Gay Days.

I agree that sometimes PDAs from all kinds can get out of hand (I've seen some things that I just didn't need to see...so far, all from heterosexuals) but I also don't want to raise my children to shy away from all forms of human affection. I can't say I'm bothered by anyone holding hands or sharing a kiss under the fireworks. Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic! And if things are a little over-the-top, then it can be a fantastic opportunity to explain what is appropriate in public and what isn't. You can't shield children from inappropriate behaviour forever, all you can do is try to raise them to be mindful of other people's comfort (without sacrificing their own rights).

Tampaguys, I have enjoyed reading your posts. You make excellent points and I admire and appreciate your courage and drive to make the world a better place for all of us :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter