Yet another 180 + 10 question!

Linda67

DIS Veteran
Sorry all, my brain is struggling today
I've been searching and reading other threads but I am simply confusing myself :faint:

I'll give you the simple facts

Jun 3rd is exactly 180 days prior to my check in on November 30th

Can I book ADRs for the 30th Nov, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th only

OR

Can I also book for the 10th of December?

i.e. is it check in plus an additional 10 or does you check in day count towards 10 days total?

Hope this makes sense!

Everything I've ever read suggests it 10 days of ADRs at the 180-day mark (so check-in day included in the 10).

Don't forget, however, if you have a split stay, you can only make the reservations for the first part of your stay at the 180-day mark. I seem to recall you saying you were staying at AOA for the first couple of nights, aren't you? So, if that's the case, you will only be able to make the ADRs for those nights at 180 days, then you can make the next lot at 180 days prior to your check-in at the next resort.

The website can be glitchy, but it's supposed to be 10 days of reservations starting 180 days before check-in. This means that it does include the check-in day.

Now, there have been a few reports of people getting 10 days plus their check-in, they've been few and far between though and I can't verify the claim as I haven't bothered with 180+10 in a couple years now :p.

For the split stay thing, you should be able to book up to 10 days no matter how long the first reservation is. The system isn't setup to track that. An unknowledgeable phone CM (of which there are many) may try and prevent it, but at the very least, it should be doable via the online system (um, assuming it's working...which is a pretty big assumption :p)

Everything I've ever read suggests it 10 days of ADRs at the 180-day mark (so check-in day included in the 10).

Don't forget, however, if you have a split stay, you can only make the reservations for the first part of your stay at the 180-day mark. I seem to recall you saying you were staying at AOA for the first couple of nights, aren't you? So, if that's the case, you will only be able to make the ADRs for those nights at 180 days, then you can make the next lot at 180 days prior to your check-in at the next resort.

The website can be glitchy, but it's supposed to be 10 days of reservations starting 180 days before check-in. This means that it does include the check-in day.

Now, there have been a few reports of people getting 10 days plus their check-in, they've been few and far between though and I can't verify the claim as I haven't bothered with 180+10 in a couple years now :p.

For the split stay thing, you should be able to book up to 10 days no matter how long the first reservation is. The system isn't setup to track that. An unknowledgeable phone CM (of which there are many) may try and prevent it, but at the very least, it should be doable via the online system (um, assuming it's working...which is a pretty big assumption :p)

Thanks both
I think this sums up why I am confused, everyone seems to have a different experience when it comes to making ADRs :confused3
I guess I should just stop over thinking it and see what happens on the 3rd of June :thumbsup2

Does anyone know what happens if you cancel your reservation that the 180+10 ADR was based on? I currently hold a reservation for 12/21 but I might not keep it but I would like to use it as my check-in date for 180+10 ADRs later in the week (when I will definitely be at WDW).

Does anyone know what happens if you cancel your reservation that the 180+10 ADR was based on? I currently hold a reservation for 12/21 but I might not keep it but I would like to use it as my check-in date for 180+10 ADRs later in the week (when I will definitely be at WDW).

It is my understanding that any ADRs you make that are linked to an onsite stay will be cancelled if the reservation is cancelled. Otherwise everybody would just make a reservation at a WDW resort just to get 180+10 on their ADRs, then cancel.

It is my understanding that any ADRs you make that are linked to an onsite stay will be cancelled if the reservation is cancelled. Otherwise everybody would just make a reservation at a WDW resort just to get 180+10 on their ADRs, then cancel.

That is not true. They are not connected in that way. They won't be cancelled unless you call and cancel them.

That is not true. They are not connected in that way. They won't be cancelled unless you call and cancel them.
Thank you! Wilma scared me there :rotfl:. That's the way I thought it worked but I have not bothered to make ADRs any more than a few weeks in advance for years but I need to if I want to eat at BOG for dinner.

i.e. is it check in plus an additional 10 or does you check in day count towards 10 days total?

I haven't used the new site, but when I booked dining reservations for my October 2012 trip it let me do my check in day + the next 10 days of my trip for a total of 11 days. The next day I was able to book for the 12th day of the trip.

Currently, I am working on my reservations for Thanksgiving week and I'm doing a split stay. I noticed online I cannot book any dining reservations with the start of the 2nd part of my trip. I'll know for sure tomorrow when my reservations open up. But anytime I try to book something it says sorry reservations are not available. I can book anything during the 1st part of my trip without any problems. My calendar even shows all the days are available for booking. However, I was able to call in and make reservations for the entire duration of the trip. We are going for 9 nights.

Currently, I am working on my reservations for Thanksgiving week and I'm doing a split stay. I noticed online I cannot book any dining reservations with the start of the 2nd part of my trip. I'll know for sure tomorrow when my reservations open up. But anytime I try to book something it says sorry reservations are not available. I can book anything during the 1st part of my trip without any problems. My calendar even shows all the days are available for booking. However, I was able to call in and make reservations for the entire duration of the trip. We are going for 9 nights.

Thanks for the info
Our 180 window starts on Monday so I shall report back :goodvibes

Unless they changed something with the new system, you have always been able to book from check-in plus an additional 10 days, so 11 days. I will be staying in October 2013, for 11 nights (12 days of ADRs), with a split stay.

At my 180, I made reservations for the first 11 days (the split stay didn't matter). The next day I called and booked my last (12th) day. I made my reservations linking to the old site, so I didn't try the new website. Even so, there were two days that just showed no availability, so I called and booked those without a problem.

I just booked my reservations for the second half of my trip this morning -

I have 3 night room only reservation (11/29 thru 12/2) and then moving on the 4th day to a new hotel with a package (12/2 thru 12/10). Today is 180 days from my first room only reservation I was able to book everything thru the 8th. I wasn't able to do the 9th online but called and they were able to book it for me. I don't have any reservations on the 10th - that is the day I am leaving. I have all my printed confirmations.

Hi everyone

I said I would report back, so here goes

I logged on at 6am (11am in London) and couldn't get the website to work at all :sad2:

Having read some other posts on the boards today, it seems that many were having issues this morning

At 7am on the dot (12 noon in London) I called and got connected right away

The split stay was not an issue at all or even discussed.

The CM asked for my resort reservation confirmation number and when she retrieved it she confirmed that this was a three night reservation and yet I was able to book for my check in date and all the way through to Dec 10th (I need to call back for Dec 11th tomorrow)

I wasn't asked for the confirmation number of my second resort

We got everything we wanted including our first choice for BOG and an Illuminations Cruise :goodvibes

All my dining reservations are already showing up in the My Disney Experience App on my phone

Hope this information is helpful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter