Yet Another Disney Visa Question

LilMommyBug

DIS Veteran
Is there a benefit of getting the Disney Visa card so that you can book any deals 3 days earlier than the GP? We have been thinking about getting it to use & pay off each month to earn Disney rewards, but we're still not sure it's worth it.

Also, if we apply & get approved - can we use it right away to book a deal or do we have to wait until we have the card?

Is there a benefit of getting the Disney Visa card so that you can book any deals 3 days earlier than the GP? We have been thinking about getting it to use & pay off each month to earn Disney rewards, but we're still not sure it's worth it.
It's not a guarantee that FD would be offered to Disney Visa card holders first. Some years they do, some years they don't. The big benefit for me is the 6 months 0% interest on vacation packages (not eligible for room only). I like the rewards dollars, but I think there are other cards out there that you could do better on for dollars.

Also, if we apply & get approved - can we use it right away to book a deal or do we have to wait until we have the card?
not sure. sorry.

I have a card that I rarely use. It has no annual fee, so I figure I might as well have it just in case they offer a deal earlier. There are other deals, too, that are not necessarily offered to the public. For example, the kids stay, play and dine for free is only available to Disney Rewards card holders. There are also some other benefits, like discounted merchandise and opportunities to go to character meet and greets, but I'm not sure how much value that adds.

I tried to call up and get a card and book at the same time a couple of years ago and they basically said no way. They don't give you a card number at the time that you apply. It does come pretty quickly, though, so it might be worth giving it a try.

Good luck!

The fact that some promotions are available to Disney Visa cardholders prior to the general public is not a huge benefit IMO.

The benefits that I appreciate the card for are:
1 - Earning 1% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars on all purchases - UNLIMITED
2 - 0% APR Vacation Financing for 6 months**
3 - The Disney-themed card designs (LOTS of people notice this!)
4 - Character Meet-n-Greet Photo Opportunity
5 - 10% off select merchandise over $50 at WDW and Disney Store

For some reason I thought you could apply for the card and book a vacation immediately - but I haven't been able to verify that.

**Beware of the new Chase policies regarding the application of payments, especially when you have more than one Promotional Balance outstanding.

**Beware of the new Chase policies regarding the application of payments, especially when you have more than one Promotional Balance outstanding.

Is there a new official policy? If yes, where can I find it? I paid off the majority of the balance of my December trip a bit early but there is still a small amount I'm finishing this month. I've got an extra month's leeway (I always pay these things with a bit of extra time just to be safe) but I'm wondering if that amount will get put towards my $200 deposit that's sitting there not due for quite a while. I want to know what I'll have to be arguing with them about.

Is there a new official policy? If yes, where can I find it? I paid off the majority of the balance of my December trip a bit early but there is still a small amount I'm finishing this month. I've got an extra month's leeway (I always pay these things with a bit of extra time just to be safe) but I'm wondering if that amount will get put towards my $200 deposit that's sitting there not due for quite a while. I want to know what I'll have to be arguing with them about.

Many people noticed a problem on their February statements. Here is the thread that discussed the issue:
[thread]2408376[/thread]

That kids stay eat play and dine offer that is still ONLY open to Disney Visa card holders right now (as mentioned by pp) was a huge bene to us (3 kids of the correct age).

Just get one: (in addition to benes mentioned in pp4)
- possibility of getting offers earlier than the gp
- possibility of getting exclusive cardmember offers (like the above one)
- no annual fee

No down side to getting one unless you are one of those people that has no discipline when you have available credit

Something not very well known... This card has some Visa Signature benefits, one of them being the ability to purchase extended warranty.

For example, a $2K HDTV costed me $180 for 5 years extended warranty, versus the $500+ WorstBuy or DeadCircuit wanted.

You also get automatic 1yr manufacturere's warranty extension for free. The paid one above have additional coverages like lightning.

Also, there's discounts to Diseny broadway shows as well...

Many people noticed a problem on their February statements. Here is the thread that discussed the issue:
[thread]2408376[/thread]

Thank you!!

I do watch closely how my payments get applied every month and I oddly enough was charged interest in my February bill but when I called and got nowhere with getting an answer as to why, I asked for a manager who reversed it right away. The really weird thing was that it showed that I hadn't made payments on my promotional balance and that the interest was on my regular balance which I pay off every month. My March bill is 100% correct thank goodness. I have a tiny amount left on a formerly large promotional balance due in May (I generally pay the bulk 2 months before it's due and then that way if my math is off then I can pay that last little bit with an extra month's cushion) but I also have a $200 deposit not due until July but I'm thinking I might just want to pay that off this month to avoid any confusion. Thank goodness it's just a tiny amount I can pay in full. I hope this all gets straightened out in the next few months. I'll put the rest of my most recent trip on the DV regardless to get the rewards dollars, but I'll just have to pay it off right away rather than deferring I guess. I'm blessed that we're in a position where I can afford to do that and don't treat the 6 months like credit. I don't take the trip if we don't have the cash to pay for it by the time the money's due. I just prefer to keep the money in my bank account rather than giving it to Chase earlier than I need to. Ugh, this is annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter