Yet another Mypoints question

Mish19

<font color=magenta>Dared to light another candle!
Sorry for the questions but I'm confused. I downloaded a Mypoints reminder to let me know I am shopping in an approved Mypoints store link. I tried it out tonight and I get no reminder. If I go to the "Shopping section" and navigate to my preferred store, and purchase stuff there, isn't that good enough ti get the points credit?
Thanks, and sorry for the many questions.

I'm not a "MyPoints" expert beacause as Canadians we can't use 90% of the e-mails (they are for US residents only), but I downloaded the Alert & it does come up (or "alert" me)occasionally when I go into a site.

I think the software is supposed to let you know if you go to a site that also has a link through MyPoints. So for instance, if you typed in jcpenney.com the software should let you know that there is a link on the Mypoints site so you won't lose potential points you could have earned by shopping through that link. I don't do that much shopping online, so I have never had this happen.

You are correct about shopping through the MyPoints links, that should give you credit for your points. It's a good idea to save your e-mails with order confirmations though. If for some reason your points don't get credited, you have to e-mail them and forward a copy of the confirmation so they can fix your account.

Hope this helps.

Definitely keep your emails!!! If you linked from a MyPoints email keep that one too. Awhile back I had flowers sent to a funeral and it took forever for them to credit the points to my account.

I had the same question, but hadn't taken the time to ask yet. I started using My Points last week. I noticed that when I went to Barnes & Noble through the My Points site, I received to indication that I would receive any points (although I made a purchase). Later I manually typed in the URL for Chef's Catalog and my little reminder popped up. So it looks like he'll only pop up if you DON'T link through My Points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter