Yet another Orbitz Question

julieanddanny

Mouseketeer
I see that there is free cancelation, but what about subtracting/adding days? It appears I'll need to cancel and rebook. and then loose discounts maybe?

You would need to cancel and then rebook. Yes, you would lose the discount you booked with. If you don't really need to change immediately, wait a bit and see if Orbitz releases any additional discounts you could use. You do run the risk of lower availablity for the dates you actually want though.

Not exactly sure of my early June dates either due to possible snow days extending the school year. So I just booked 7 one-night reservations via Orbitz to preserve our discounted rate (35% disney and 15% Orbitz) but allow me to cancel unneeded days (only want 3 nights on property before a week offsite). Feel that was a good way and am not too worried that Disney will make us change rooms nightly during our stay. :blush:

Not exactly sure of my early June dates either due to possible snow days extending the school year. So I just booked 7 one-night reservations via Orbitz to preserve our discounted rate (35% disney and 15% Orbitz) but allow me to cancel unneeded days (only want 3 nights on property before a week offsite). Feel that was a good way and am not too worried that Disney will make us change rooms nightly during our stay. :blush:

Have thought of doing that many times. I book onsite via orbit often but the inability to change dates is a huge downside.

I dread having to recheck in though - bad experience at POR and pofq last year. I couldn't bring my self to do it daily! But I go alone with our kids, so maybe with two adults in the group it's just a task someone does daily and no big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter