Yet another promo question....

trtl6941

Mouseketeer
I am so sorry because I am sure this has been asked 2,129,745,472,836,426 times, but I can't find every aspect of my question in one thread, so I figured somebody would be able to help! :)

So...we're looking to book a trip for 5 or 6 nights arriving either the last week in Sept. or first week in October. I really want to stay at the Pop Century because I feel like I have stayed at the ASM too many times and I want something different! Anyway, I have been playing around with different options (no dining, counter service, deluxe dining) and just don't know what to do. I am hoping of course for FD as that's what we did on our last trip in 2008 and it was GREAT and so much food! At the time it was the deluxe dining package, but now I hear it's counter service only at the value resorts?

Anyway, I guess my main question is..should I just book now without any dining and hope FD opens up? I can add it later right? Or...do I book with dining and then again hope FD opens up and add the promo to my reservation? We are going no matter what, but we haven't decided if we'll do a dining plan if it's not offered free so I am not sure I should add it now or not. Am I making any sense? :rotfl:

Thoughts? Ideas?

If you plan to go regardless of FD, then you could go ahead and book. The problem is many people are booking in hopes of FD, which makes the resorts look pretty full for that time period, which doesn't give Disney much of an incentive to offer a discount. If you do go ahead and book, and then a promo is released, you would have to call and have them cancel your current reservation and book a new one if there are any rooms available blocked out for the FD promo. It isn't quite as easy as just calling and having them apply a promo to your current ressie. If FD is offered, you might consider booking a moderate since QSDDP will probably only be offered for value resorts.

If you are staying on property you can purchase any dining plan you desire regardless of the resort you stay at.

I think you're referring to some FD deals last year in late fall and winter where values were given QSDP and moderates or deluxes were DDP. Late summer and early fall were DDP for all resorts I believe.

If Disney offers FD for your dates and its QSDP for values then you can pay $10/day per person to upgrade to DDP.

Right now nobody knows what the fall promos will be nor when they'll be released but I'm sure there will be something.

If you are going to go either way book now. If you are only going if there is FD wait.

For booking:
You will be disappointed if you get no discount and not the room you want.
If you are going anyway .. Why not be where you want.

Reasons against:
Dis tracks how promos are, by how many are in inventory, it may effect offers.
Plus canceling a trip SUCKS!

Oh yeah - we're definitely going, that's not the issue. I guess I just don't know if I should book now or later and if I do book, if I should add a dining plan......we're not sure if we would get it if it wasn't offered free. But yes, we're still going either way :woohoo:

Does Pop Century fill up fast? I really want to stay there.....but I guess AS movies would be ok too....just not music again!!! :lmao:

ok - so....If we go ahead and book now and then FD is offered, we have to cancel the res. we have and make a new one? So that means we could potentially lose our spot at Pop and then I would lose all my ADR?

This is so tough.....I want to book, but I don't want it all messed up if they do announce FD!! :confused3

Oh yeah - we're definitely going, that's not the issue. I guess I just don't know if I should book now or later and if I do book, if I should add a dining plan......we're not sure if we would get it if it wasn't offered free. But yes, we're still going either way :woohoo:

Does Pop Century fill up fast? I really want to stay there.....but I guess AS movies would be ok too....just not music again!!! :lmao:

You can go ahead and book and then add the dining plan if FD comes out. It's not really a matter of if it fills up fast, because certain rooms will be blocked out for the FD promo, so you will have to cancel your current ressie and book a new room from the block of rooms available for free dining. Booking now doesn't secure you a room. You would have the same chance of getting a room with FD as anyone calling to book for the first time when FD is released. Hope that makes sense. If not, feel free to ask me to clarify.

ok - so....If we go ahead and book now and then FD is offered, we have to cancel the res. we have and make a new one? So that means we could potentially lose our spot at Pop and then I would lose all my ADR?

This is so tough.....I want to book, but I don't want it all messed up if they do announce FD!! :confused3
You wouldn't lose all your ADRs but you could lose your spot. Highly unlikely if you call as soon as the promo opens though. Your ADRs aren't dependant on your resort reservation and even if you cancel your resort ressie, it doesn't cancel your adrs.

3"Mouse"keteers;36159812 said:
You wouldn't lose all your ADRs but you could lose your spot. Highly unlikely if you call as soon as the promo opens though. Your ADRs aren't dependant on your resort reservation and even if you cancel your resort ressie, it doesn't cancel your adrs.

ohhhhh..thanks!! I totally thought it went by res. # or something! :rotfl: I have been to WDW 12 times and never knew there were any discounts etc...go figure! We only did the dining plan that one time in 2008 because it happened to be free, who knew! Thanks SO much for your replies, I appreciate it! And yes, your last answer was perfectly clear as well :goodvibes

ohhhhh..thanks!! I totally thought it went by res. # or something! :rotfl: I have been to WDW 12 times and never knew there were any discounts etc...go figure! We only did the dining plan that one time in 2008 because it happened to be free, who knew! Thanks SO much for your replies, I appreciate it! And yes, your last answer was perfectly clear as well :goodvibes

Glad I could help! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter