Yikes............2 yo with Fever and we leave Tomorrow

nakk823

Earning My Ears
This is my very first post. We were supposed to leave Today but DD has fever, cough, etc.
Went to Dr. last night and got plenty of meds!! I pushed the reservation to tomorrow.................I hope we make it....

I have been in the same situation. continue to give her the tylenol/motrin for the fever along with any and all meds. Are you flying? If so, give her a decongestant prior to take-off (about 30 minutes) and she should be o.k.

There are alot of viruses going around. My DD (4) just came down with a fever when we were on our way to Daytona Beach (with a short one night stay in Orlando) and we took her to a Medical Center there. She just had a virus and she perked up once she saw the pool, beach etc. (Tylenol helped)

Good luck and hope DD feels better soon.............

Welcome to the DIS!

Good luck! I hope everything will be okay. Usually kids spring back faster that adults do; let's hope it is the same this time. Have a wonderful trip!

As a pediatric nurse, I have to recommend lots of fluids. Water, juices, popsicles, jello, snowcones, applesauce, etc. Sometimes with little ones, encouraging fluids is harder than any middle-east peace negotiation. Change up the offering with different packaging like applesauce or jello tubes instead of bowls, crazy straws, etc. Sometimes small amounts frequently helps.

Hope she gets to feeling well soon and have a great trip.

Thanks for all the encouragement. DD is resting today, fever is down and drinking plenty fluids.

We have our fingers crossed, to leave tomorrow (bags are packed) just waiting to see if fever stays away. I was able to change dates of ASmo and had to move a GG Character Dinner to a different day (which thankfully both new dates were available) so it looks like our luck may be changing.....................

:wave:

Last year we had a trip to WDW (Deluxe Magic, Poly, Cindy's, the works!). Buzz had been acting "down", finally I took him to the doctor through a snowstorm the day before we left. He had an ear/sinus infection--great! We jsut brought the meds with us (they kept them cold until our room was ready--miraculously, our room had a fridge, although we didn't ask for one, pay for one, or the rooms of our other family members didn't!) We just really took it easy the first couple days. Buzz slept in my arms on the flight down. I was in the last row on the plane--real uncomfortable, couldn't move, couldn't do anything, but I was so glad he was getting the rest he needed, I would have done it all week! By our second day at WDW, he was his old self, although we were careful about his schedule, not getting him run down. I would recommend you do a quick info check as you check in--tell them your child is under the weather, find out what to do if your child gets worse, etc. Also, if you go to parks, locate the first aid on the map first thing. Not to sound paranoid, but looking into these things will give you some peace of mind. Beyond that, I would just echo the people who said plenty of rest, fluids, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter