Yo Ho Yo Ho a Tipsy Life for Me - A November '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 5/27

Hi Kari, I have enjoyed reading your dining report! We leave in 10 days for our trip and your report has gotten me so excited for some of our reservations, including some you reviewed - Homecomin', Yachtsman, California Grill, and Whispering Canyon! Thanks for your great reviews!

Nope! Not real flour anyway. It uses a gluten free flour blend. I think it's maybe the cup4cup GF flour brand, which actually has dairy in it, but no wheat. So tasty! Apparently it's really good if you mix the strawberry sauce and vanilla sauce, too. But I stuck to the strawberry because I try to keep my dairy intake low-ish. Love that place!
I never would have guessed that GF flour could taste so good. I'm not a huge vanilla fan so no mixing for me but that strawberry sauce is a thing of beauty.

Hi Kari, I have enjoyed reading your dining report! We leave in 10 days for our trip and your report has gotten me so excited for some of our reservations, including some you reviewed - Homecomin', Yachtsman, California Grill, and Whispering Canyon! Thanks for your great reviews!
Hi there! How awesome you have a trip right around the corner. I hope you enjoy as much as we did!

Now it's Time to say Ahoy to my Tipsy Company

Thanks to everyone for following along on our tipsy pirate adventures. I enjoy sharing our food and fun, almost as much as I enjoy eating and drinking it, so I appreciate you all indulging my inner pirate.pirate:

Now some final thoughts on what shivered me timbers.

Food & Wine Favorites
We hadn't been to food and wine for a few year so it was great to get back to eat and drink our way around Epcot. We thankfully had nothing bad, but definitely had a few favorites.

IMG_4315.jpg
Shrimp Scampi Dip from Coastal Eats. Despite the noxious fumes from this all seafood booth, the shrimp scampi dip was a definite winner.

IMG_4491.jpg
The Savory Caramelized Onion Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese Tart with Cold Arugula Salad and Aged Balsamic was my absolute favorite item. This was not only huge, but the perfect combination of savory, cheesy, pastry wonderment topped off with my favorite arugula.

IMG_4512.jpg
In the drinks department by the end of the trip we were totally over the thimbles of beer and wine, but not enough to stop for the 3rd time for a last round of the Founders Watermelon Gose from the Light Lab.

Favorite Snack
We never seem to snack as much as we intend to so we had slim picking here, but the winner without question is the new Pineapple Upside Down Dole Whip.
IMG_4543.jpg

Favorite Grog

In a surprise to absolutely no one, if it comes from my favorite Nomad's Lounge you can just about guarantee I'll love it. From some delicious wine and snacks to my favorite Annapurna Zing, despite raising prices Nomad's is still serving the best drinks on property.

Favorite Dessert
It may not be the prettiest picture or the fanciest dessert on property, but Carrot Cake Cookie oh how I love thee.
IMG_4406.jpg

Favorite Appetizer
This one wasn't even a contest. Signature restaurants can keep their fancy cheese and charcuterie, I'll be at Sanaa chomping on the bread service any day of the week.
IMG_4396.jpg

Favorite Entree
This will probably be a bit controversial as this is neither an entree nor something that I ordered, but in a sea of signature meals what still stands out the most is Jason's Thigh High Chicken Biscuits from Homecoming. I loved my steak at Yacthsman and Scallops from Citricos, but give me perfectly fried chicken and dense, yet light biscuits and I'm done for.
IMG_4591.jpg

Biggest Surprise
IMG_4660.jpg
We only ended up here because Food and Wine was too crowded, but Tokyo Dining and their amazing sushi totally won me over.

Casey's Favorite Meal
IMG_0074.jpg
Oh Whispering Canyon Cafe, you had her at ketchup. Haven't had the heart to tell her the antics may be gone.

Favorite Meal
This one wasn't even close. Pair amazing views, with the "buffet" to beat all buffets, all you care to eat signature entrees, and bottomless mimosa's and you have the most perfect brunch ever envisioned. Add in the fact that we met the amazing Emma and Nicky aka @Ejb123 who used their dining credits to cover our meal and you have the ultimate Disney dining experience.

IMG_4418.jpg

And in the non food area...

Caribbean Beach
This was our first time staying here and despite the finest pirate ship bed to get our aargh on I'm not sure it was for us. The $600 credit for the construction was great and the grounds were beautiful, but the motel style rooms, huge layout, and bus issues just aren't for us. But at least we'll always have this...

Thanks again to all ye matey's for hanging in there with this pirate wench for 6+ months. Good news is we'll be back in the World in August for yet another set of tipsy dining adventures. Thankfully this one is at the Boardwalk and Beach Club so we'll have to officially drop our aargh's and aye's for some more refined Northeastern coastal speak. Better bone up on my Boston accent :-)

Now off with ya....

Great report as always. I agree with many of your faves. We love the bread service, dole whip upside down cake, and the sushi at Tokyo Dining.

What are your August dates? We will be there 8/11-8/20 so maybe we will overlap. We are staying at Pop the first 4 days then WL for 5 nights!

Loved your pirate speak and quick wit humor as always!

Thanks for another amazing review!

The Savory Caramelized Onion Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese Tart with Cold Arugula Salad and Aged Balsamic was my absolute favorite item. This was not only huge, but the perfect combination of savory, cheesy, pastry wonderment topped off with my favorite arugula.
As a fellow arugula lover, I would be in heaven with this piece of deliciousness.

We never seem to snack as much as we intend to so we had slim picking here, but the winner without question is the new Pineapple Upside Down Dole Whip.
I can't wait to try this in August.

For some reason, I can't quote any other parts of your review but will say I agree wholeheartedly with your pick of the Sanaa bread service. It is heaven. Of course, the carrot cake cookie is an essential part of any well rounded Disney diet. Love the California Grill brunch too and it is definitely going on my must do list along with Tokyo Dining.

I really enjoyed following along with every yummy bite and sip. Looking forward to crossing paths in August!

As always, a great report!

It may not be the prettiest picture or the fanciest dessert on property, but Carrot Cake Cookie oh how I love thee.
img_4406-jpg.325237
Have you seen the new version? It's fatter more carrot Cake, less size of your face...

This picture alone makes me want the bread service!

in August for yet another set of tipsy dining adventures. Thankfully this one is at the Boardwalk and Beach Club so we'll have to officially drop our aargh's and aye's for some more refined Northeastern coastal speak. Better bone up on my Boston accent :-)
I can help you with that, Andy & I used to live in Boston...

August will be here before you know it!

Awesome Dining report, as usual! We're heading back "Home" late June/early July and can't wait to try some of the restaurants and meals that were hits for your family. Wishing you and yours a great summer!

Now it's Time to say Ahoy to my Tipsy Company

Thanks to everyone for following along on our tipsy pirate adventures. I enjoy sharing our food and fun, almost as much as I enjoy eating and drinking it, so I appreciate you all indulging my inner pirate.pirate:

Now some final thoughts on what shivered me timbers.

Food & Wine Favorites
We hadn't been to food and wine for a few year so it was great to get back to eat and drink our way around Epcot. We thankfully had nothing bad, but definitely had a few favorites.

View attachment 325231
Shrimp Scampi Dip from Coastal Eats. Despite the noxious fumes from this all seafood booth, the shrimp scampi dip was a definite winner.

View attachment 325232

View attachment 325233
In the drinks department by the end of the trip we were totally over the thimbles of beer and wine, but not enough to stop for the 3rd time for a last round of the Founders Watermelon Gose from the Light Lab.

Favorite Snack
View attachment 325235

Favorite Grog

In a surprise to absolutely no one, if it comes from my favorite Nomad's Lounge you can just about guarantee I'll love it. From some delicious wine and snacks to my favorite Annapurna Zing, despite raising prices Nomad's is still serving the best drinks on property.

Favorite Dessert
View attachment 325237

Favorite Appetizer
This one wasn't even a contest. Signature restaurants can keep their fancy cheese and charcuterie, I'll be at Sanaa chomping on the bread service any day of the week.
View attachment 325230

Favorite Entree
This will probably be a bit controversial as this is neither an entree nor something that I ordered, but in a sea of signature meals what still stands out the most is Jason's Thigh High Chicken Biscuits from Homecoming. I loved my steak at Yacthsman and Scallops from Citricos, but give me perfectly fried chicken and dense, yet light biscuits and I'm done for.
View attachment 325238

Biggest Surprise
View attachment 325239
We only ended up here because Food and Wine was too crowded, but Tokyo Dining and their amazing sushi totally won me over.

Casey's Favorite Meal
View attachment 325240
Oh Whispering Canyon Cafe, you had her at ketchup. Haven't had the heart to tell her the antics may be gone.

Favorite Meal
This one wasn't even close. Pair amazing views, with the "buffet" to beat all buffets, all you care to eat signature entrees, and bottomless mimosa's and you have the most perfect brunch ever envisioned. Add in the fact that we met the amazing Emma and Nicky aka @Ejb123 who used their dining credits to cover our meal and you have the ultimate Disney dining experience.

View attachment 325242

And in the non food area...

Caribbean Beach
This was our first time staying here and despite the finest pirate ship bed to get our aargh on I'm not sure it was for us. The $600 credit for the construction was great and the grounds were beautiful, but the motel style rooms, huge layout, and bus issues just aren't for us. But at least we'll always have this...

Thanks again to all ye matey's for hanging in there with this pirate wench for 6+ months. Good news is we'll be back in the World in August for yet another set of tipsy dining adventures. Thankfully this one is at the Boardwalk and Beach Club so we'll have to officially drop our aargh's and aye's for some more refined Northeastern coastal speak. Better bone up on my Boston accent :-)

Now off with ya....
Love the wrap up! And as someone who lives 45 minutes north (nawth) of Boston, you'd better start dropping your R's now for practice :thumbsup2

Heaven on spaceship earth :love: I can't wait to get this again in October.

Favorite Snack
img_4543-jpg.325235

I've forgotten to try :sad2:this on two different trips now.

Loved the wrap-up! I'll be looking forward to reading about your August trip. Have a great summer!

I stopped by the Caribbean Beach on one of my past resort hopping days and didn't care for the layout. But I do really like Coronado Springs and stayed there twice. I am also going in August but staying at the Grand Floridian because I got a really great rate; BWI is my favorite though. Have a great time!

Great report as always. I agree with many of your faves. We love the bread service, dole whip upside down cake, and the sushi at Tokyo Dining.

What are your August dates? We will be there 8/11-8/20 so maybe we will overlap. We are staying at Pop the first 4 days then WL for 5 nights!

Loved your pirate speak and quick wit humor as always!
We will be there the 18th through the 26th staying at Boardwalk until the 20th and then moving over to Beach Club. I wanted to stay at WL but they didn't have any of the "magical" rooms available there. We'll definitely overlap but we'll have our best friends with us until the 20th and to say my best friends hubby is anti-Disney is an understatement. So I'm going to try and keep him away from people :-) They recently moved to Georgia so they are just coming down for a few days to spend time with the kiddo.

For some reason, I can't quote any other parts of your review but will say I agree wholeheartedly with your pick of the Sanaa bread service. It is heaven. Of course, the carrot cake cookie is an essential part of any well rounded Disney diet. Love the California Grill brunch too and it is definitely going on my must do list along with Tokyo Dining.

I really enjoyed following along with every yummy bite and sip. Looking forward to crossing paths in August!
Hi Susan! Thanks for following along. Looks like our August dates may coincide so would definitely be up for seeing you again.

Have you seen the new version? It's fatter more carrot Cake, less size of your face...
No I haven't and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I love things the size of my face :P

I can help you with that, Andy & I used to live in Boston...
You will most definitely have to school me. This mid-Atlantic girl certainly couldn't do it justice.

August will be here before you know it!
I know time is certainly flying already. School is over in a few weeks, then we head to the beach, and have a few weekends in West Virginia planned so I'm hopeful August is soon upon us.

Awesome Dining report, as usual! We're heading back "Home" late June/early July and can't wait to try some of the restaurants and meals that were hits for your family. Wishing you and yours a great summer!
Thanks so much. Have a great trip and a great summer too!

Love the wrap up! And as someone who lives 45 minutes north (nawth) of Boston, you'd better start dropping your R's now for practice :thumbsup2
I really do love my R's so that is gonna be a hard one. Pirate talk really does soot be better. pirate:

Heaven on spaceship earth :love: I can't wait to get this again in October.
We're missing food and wine by a few days so you'll have to eat one for me too :-)

Loved the wrap-up! I'll be looking forward to reading about your August trip. Have a great summer!
Thanks Kelly! Hope you all have a great summer too!

I stopped by the Caribbean Beach on one of my past resort hopping days and didn't care for the layout. But I do really like Coronado Springs and stayed there twice. I am also going in August but staying at the Grand Floridian because I got a really great rate; BWI is my favorite though. Have a great time!
Caribbean beach was definitely beautiful, but with so many bus stops its just too big. We'll have to check out CS some day as I only stayed there once like 20 years ago. As far as moderates we like POFQ, largely because of the size of the resort and the single bus stop. We got burned too many times on this trip missing busses so less is definitely more.

We've only stayed at BWI once and liked it, though the overall style wasn't my favorite. Looking forward to being close to 2 parks though!

This has been such a fun report to read, thank you! :flower3: I am contemplating writing one of my own. I have never done a food report.

Great recap!! I totally agree with you on Sanaa! Can not wait to try to Homecoming and that drink at Nomad Lounge. Back to the Deluxe resorts for you ;)

Finally back on the boards and getting caught up with TR's. As usual your are always hilarious, plus........we have many of the same likes in food, alcohol and finer dining.

I didn't think I'd like this because I don't generally like sweet slushi, but the mango and salmon combo was awesome and the crunch from the plantains truly put it over the top.
Love me something crunchy on my sushi.

Apparently my "sauna" was actually my toothless wonder's fingers. Apologies for the length of the video, but if you didn't have a feel for my girls' personality yet you do now!
This video is Hilarious.Casey is just so adorable. Speeaking of which not sure why I didn't keep it for me to quote I Love the pic of Casey on her first WDW vacay.

We ended up turning around in Epcot and when we finally got to Animal Kingdom more than 2 hours after we had left our room. :scared1:
2 hours is nuts.

Side note I found the card when we got back home that night in my BRA. Apparently I'd put it there for "safe keeping" :confused3
LOL a ghost didn't steal it.

Loved the wrap up. Someday, I will have that bread service, even though I will likely not like most of the dips or whatnot. I still want it, though. I think we may have to make a reservation at Homecoming again, too, because I think my husband dreams of that fried chicken.

Hey! I'll be at Pop from 8/12-8/14 (then going off-site, because when someone offers you a room where you only have to pay a cleaning fee, you take it). You'll find us Sunday night and Tuesday morning at the kiddie pool, I'm sure.

Hi Kari! I can't believe I have to wait 'til August for another dining report, as yours are always soooo wonderful!
Hoping to try Nomad's Lounge in October.
Going back to Cali Grill for brunch in October, but I'll be back for dinner next week!!!!
And, of course, there will be a lot of cocktail sipping going on then as well...

i just realized I was behind a few reviews, sorry! I'm back just in time for your ending.

We ended up turning around in Epcot and when we finally got to Animal Kingdom more than 2 hours after we had left our room. :scared1:
Are you sure your driver was a she, and not Steve?

I sat this out cause we most certainly didn't need a different kind of whirl.
:laughing: On my best day I can't ride this without getting sick. It was a joyous day when the boys decided they didn't like it anymore!

In the drinks department by the end of the trip we were totally over the thimbles of beer and wine,
::yes:: I want to buy like, 5 at a time which would cost about $40 a pop.

This makes me so mad and then with the conflicting reports :confused3 I do like the food so I wouldn't necessarily stay away without the antics but I thought they were great. I did usually see someone annoyed that they had to get up and bring their ketchup to another table but for the other 10 families that had to do it and were hysterical, who cared about the one with the stick up their butt? I guess we'll have to wait and see what exactly happens.

Loved the report as always :goodvibes

Thanks for the great report, as always.

For my August trip (on the free QS dining plan) I still wanted to do a couple table service, so I decided on an old favourite and a new prospect. Via Napoli is the old and I can’t imagine it going bad. I’ve heard so much good about Homecoming, including from your report, so I really wanted to try it. I’m looking forward to it.

Now, about that carrot cake cookie...I’ll just leave this here...
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/05/08/disney-worlds-iconic-carrot-cake-cookie-sees-big-changes/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!