YOMD dissapointed

Oceana

DIS Veteran
we were at disney for 9 days 8 nights and in the parks pretty much all day for 7 straight days.

I am not dissapointed that we did not win anything but we never not once saw anyone win anything... not a pin not a nada

now my kids spent the 7 days picking up all the tiny itsy bitsy mickey confetti that was all over the place.

I didnt even get a cupcake any of the places we went to eat with my big ol birthday pin on... frankly I was a tad dissapointed I expected to see magic all over the place ya know. More than usual not less

julie

Sorry to hear that... when we went last year we didnt win anything either. :rolleyes: But being there was good enough for me though.

Did you have a good time otherwise? popcorn::

Uh sorta had a good time. A few blunders and it is sad to see the resort and parks in bad shape... Nothing major. I just really expected customer service to be a notch up rather than a notch down.

win anything wasnt what made me sad. I didnt even see anyone else win anything ya know... never had the opportunity to be happy for anyone else

I was just at WDW Sept. 11th-18th and we went to the magic kingdom on the 13th and saw no dreams won. No one was wearing the hats no fastpasses or lanyards. Have they now gone to picking certain days to give out dreams instead of giving them out everyday?

I was just at WDW Sept. 11th-18th and we went to the magic kingdom on the 13th and saw no dreams won. No one was wearing the hats no fastpasses or lanyards. Have they now gone to picking certain days to give out dreams instead of giving them out everyday?

No, you just weren't looking for them every minute of your trip. Trust me, at any given time in any park if you just do a 360 you will see SOMEONE wearing a YOMD prize.

I saw alot of people with prizes and dream team members at the other parks but on the 13th at the magic kingdom I saw no one with prizes only dream team members walking around alone talking with guest and doing their other duties other then giving out dreams.

we were at disney for 9 days 8 nights and in the parks pretty much all day for 7 straight days.

I am not dissapointed that we did not win anything but we never not once saw anyone win anything... not a pin not a nada

now my kids spent the 7 days picking up all the tiny itsy bitsy mickey confetti that was all over the place.

I didnt even get a cupcake any of the places we went to eat with my big ol birthday pin on... frankly I was a tad dissapointed I expected to see magic all over the place ya know. More than usual not less

julie

Cmon guys, please don't tell me we have sunk so far that we are now getting mad at Disney because we're not winning free stuff. We complain about the transportation, customer service, room views, food quality, ddp, ticket prices and now we're disappointed about this?

Not sure I understand the disappointment. You went to Disney to win some thing? :confused3 I never even think to look. What happens if you go during a time when there is no promotion running? It's a perk not a guarentee. I guess just seeing people having a great time, which I saw tons of is the real magic.

We just got back from a 7 day trip and I didn't notice any dream teams and though we did see a few people with ears and dream passes, it was no where near as many as we saw on our December and April trips. I attributed the ears to the fact it was way too hot to wear them, but didn't notice that many dream passes either, not like last time when it seemed almost everyone but us had one! LOL

Not sure I understand the disappointment. You went to Disney to win some thing? :confused3 I never even think to look. What happens if you go during a time when there is no promotion running? It's a perk not a guarentee. I guess just seeing people having a great time, which I saw tons of is the real magic.

Not at all. I sorta expected to see people winning to see people getting dreams. I never even saw someone get a certificate. I did occationally see people with dream fast passes around their necks but that was it... I wanted to see someone get the confetti

Most of the dreams; dream pin sets with lanyards, dream ears, dream fast passes are handed out between 9:30AM and Noon. To increase your chances of winning something get to the parks early and jump on as many attractions as you can. You will not see much of anything handed out past Noon.

We saw some Dream Fastpasses in MK today, but nothing else. Seemed pointless since nothing had a wait longer than 10 mins. Would have been a much better day for lanyards and ears, but they were nowhere to be seen.

My DH calls me Eeyore because I always have the attitude that it won't happen to me...I never win anything. So I'm never dissapointed and I end up having a great time. The last time we went to DLR...I kept running into the Dream Team CM's and I'd make eye contact and smile a dopey smile, and they smile right back as they walked right on by me. Every single time. :sad2:

The last time we went to DLR...I kept running into the Dream Team CM's and I'd make eye contact and smile a dopey smile, and they smile right back as they walked right on by me. Every single time. :sad2:

What exactly did you expect them to do? :confused3

What exactly did you expect them to do? :confused3

I didn't expect anything...I was attempting to be humorous....and make the point of how I'm never at the right place at the right time.

I never thought that if I give them a smile, I'd win a prize...but it would be cool if they took pity on me...(please don't take that seriously either) ;)

we were there last Oct. right after YOAMD started , we saw one family the entire trip with DFP .

We leave tomorrow, maybe we will see some more dreams granted this time , and if we are really really lucky maybe we will even get a dream :wizard:

Part of the magic is bringing it yourself, knowing that we have it within ourselves, and taking it with you as you go in life everyday! It is really what you make of it! Some people just try to hard or not enough… it is a fine line… I can tell you slow down it will find you! Your kids picking up confetti… that would probably do it for me.. being there with my family and enjoying each others company and really seeing Disney through my kids eyes is enough for me… it is the little things that show the magic to me… I am listening to fantasmic on my itunes right now and I can picture my now 5 yr old who was 4 last year and her face watching fantasmic a year ago is vivid in my mind… and it wasn’t the first time she had seen it, but you would have thought it was… I love having my kids out of the blue mention something from a trip and I know that it was so special to them that for no reason it pops into their head… I remember those moments from when I was a kid with my parents… and I can tell you it is the little things, like my Dad rubbing my calves in China because they hurt so bad, and him buying me a different pair of shoes, from their, they were black mary jane style (but Chinese) with bright flowers embroidered on them—what I wouldn’t do to have those again, or my Dad to share more magic with… so it is the little things… not the big things or the prizes and gifts… it is the special CM, or another guest that does something that shows the magic is there for most visitors… Yes there are some not so great employees( I won’t even call them CM’s) and I have encountered them myself, but I will never let it ruin my vacation… one of my best memories was from a trip two years ago, my niece, nephew, daughter and infant son and my mom and it was about 7ish and it was so-so busy… maybe 30 minute waits, and it started to rain… and kind of hard… we had ponchos, and a cover for the stroller so we were fine… shoes a little wet, but it stopped pretty quickly… but long enough to clear the park out… we stayed to close and laughed and stepped in puddles, rode ride after ride after ride, sometimes not getting off… and had the best night literally… and those kids will tell you the same… we often talk about it when we are there, the “remember that night…” and when it rains we hope for the same thing to happen. So it is what you make of it! We make it fun and magically!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter