YOMD prizes dates?

Eviie

Mouseketeer
If you have gone to Disney during the Year of Million Dreams promotion and you have gotten a prize please post here what weekday it was on. I mean i know lots of people win everyday. But are there better days than others? So my goal is to see people's post and see the avg day that they give out lots of prizes. I'd like to know because we've changed our schedule now to Tuesday-Thursday and since it isn't a Friday-Monday i thought maybe we wouldn't really get prizes because the parks aren't that busy. Well hopefully it's all fair even though i'm 99.9% sure it is. But i'd just like to see the results. Just a quick little test though ;]

PLEASE P0ST :]

If you have gone to Disney during the Year of Million Dreams promotion and you have gotten a prize please post here what weekday it was on. I mean i know lots of people win everyday. But are there better days than others? So my goal is to see people's post and see the avg day that they give out lots of prizes. I'd like to know because we've changed our schedule now to Tuesday-Thursday and since it isn't a Friday-Monday i thought maybe we wouldn't really get prizes because the parks aren't that busy. Well hopefully it's all fair even though i'm 99.9% sure it is. But i'd just like to see the results. Just a quick little test though

The problem with this "quick little test" is that you aren't going to get anything like an accurate cross-section of the guests or a reliable answer to your question.

I can tell you that prize distribution is completely random and that the same amount of "bulk prizes" (lanyards, fastpasses, and ears) are awarded every day. This should tell you that, according to the odds, your best chance of winning depends not on what days you go in the week, but on how crowded the parks are when you go. Since the amount of prizes remains constant, but the level of guests don't, it stands to reason that the more guests there are at Disney, the less likely it is that you'll win a prize -- and, conversely, that the less guests there are at Disney, the more likely it is that you'll win. It also depends on what time of the day you go (you're not going to win anything after 5:00pm).

The problem with this "quick little test" is that you aren't going to get anything like an accurate cross-section of the guests or a reliable answer to your question.

I can tell you that prize distribution is completely random and that the same amount of "bulk prizes" (lanyards, fastpasses, and ears) are awarded every day. This should tell you that, according to the odds, your best chance of winning depends not on what days you go in the week, but on how crowded the parks are when you go. Since the amount of prizes remains constant, but the level of guests don't, it stands to reason that the more guests there are at Disney, the less likely it is that you'll win a prize -- and, conversely, that the less guests there are at Disney, the more likely it is that you'll win. It also depends on what time of the day you go (you're not going to win anything after 5:00pm).

I'm totally aware that my 'quick little test' isn't going to give me an accurate amount and nor is the guests. I'm just making sure this is completely random. And that the prizes are given out fairly (Even though i'm 99.9% sure it is) I've been going to Disney for 17 times and i know that the guest amount is usually about the same during the time of year i go in. So i calculated that as well. My cousins work at Disney so even more i know. But anyways ... i wasn't exactly expecting an accurate ammount. I know that everyone that goes to Disney isn't a member of the DisBoards :)

I was aware ;)

...prize distribution is completely random and that the same amount of "bulk prizes" (lanyards, fastpasses, and ears) are awarded every day.

CORRECTION: According to the Dream Squad, the number of prizes awarded each day is completely random and not tied in to projected Park Attendance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter