~*~ Dream ~*~ Believe ~*~ Achieve ~*~ (Comments Welcome)

My 12yo daughter just had her final 1 mile run for the school year. Students have to be able to run 1 mile in 12:00 or less in order to pass PE.

She finished with a PR of 6:52! I’m so proud of her :)

That is AMAZING! Speedy little thing!

Today was the first time in a very long time I wanted to quit in the middle of a run. It was hot and there was no shade and I was running into a head wind. I couldn’t keep a steady pace and was all over the place. At mile 3.30 I finally made it to some shade. I stopped and debated calling my DH to come get me. I decided to give myself 5 minutes to rest, drink some fluids and give myself a pep talk. I turned on some high energy 80s hair band music and finished the rest of my run feeling strong.

Strong finish. Just make sure as the temps start to increase to consider T+D adjustments to the pacing structure. If easy doesn't feel easy, then it isn't easy.

Great job finishing up the run! Sometimes all it takes to reverse a rough run is some rest and awesome music.

Strong finish. Just make sure as the temps start to increase to consider T+D adjustments to the pacing structure. If easy doesn't feel easy, then it isn't easy.

I normally look at all that, but didn’t today :sad2: The rest of the route I took was shaded which made a huge difference.

03/26/18 - 04/01/18

What? It's already April? This year is flying by. No gym again this week. I remembered to weigh in and I'm down to 135.6. 10.6 pounds to goal weight. No gym again. I really need my rest on rest days and I've been too tired after running to go. I should just track down my dumbbells and start doing stuff at home. That's basically all I use at the gym!​
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday - Rest Day

Tuesday - Yay! I think strides days are so much fun. I tried really hard to stick to the prescribed pace and think I did better than usual.
  • 6 mi @ 12:20 + Strides during the last mile
  • Splits: 12:11, 12:17, 12:19, 12:08, 12:18, 11:19
Wednesday -
  • 4.5 miles @ 13:11
  • 12:13, 12:22, 12:15, 12:08, 12:02, 12:13
Thursday - As I posted last week, this run started out rough. I had to squeeze this run in between a dentist appt for my daughter and a therapy appt for my son. It had been cloudy all morning and the temperature was nice so I decided to leave my neighborhood and run through town. When I left a little after 11am it had started to sprinkle, but, alas, this is Florida. By the time I finished mile 1 the clouds were pretty much gone and the sun had made it steamy and the wind started to gust straight at me. I should have turned around and headed back towards home and finished the run in my neighborhood. I didn't. By mile 3 I was ready to call it quits. My pace was all over the place. I was too fast when the wind wasn't blowing then when it did I felt like I was running in mud up to my waist and was too slow. At one point I thought I was going to get blown off the sidewalk into the street. I took a right at the next intersection and left the wind tunnel, but the sun was brutal. I was on the verge of tears when I finally found some shade under a tree at mile 3.38. I almost called my husband to come get me. I decided to give myself a few minutes to cool down and hydrate. It was really nice and cool under that tree and I started to feel better. I knew the rest of my run would have some long stretches of shade plus I was nearly half done! I said some self affirmations, turned off Harry Potter and put on some 80's rock music and took off again. I was able to finish the rest of this run feeling strong!
  • 1 mile WU / 5.5 miles @ 10:41 / 1 mile CD
  • 12:30 / 10:37, 10:33, 15:38 (10:38 + 5 minute break), 10:16, 10:24, 10:24 / 11:45
Friday - Rest day. I really needed it. I also registered myself for Dopey 2019.

Saturday - Finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire during this run. I finally watched The Greatest Showman! It was a fantastic movie. I seldom ever buy movie soundtracks, but had this one purchased from iTunes before the movie was half over.
  • 5 miles @ EB 12:20
  • 12:07, 12:08, 12:03, 12:01, 12:01
Sunday - Easter! I had tried to bribe my kids with cash so I didn't have to make baskets or hide eggs. They didn't like that idea. My DS doesn't even really care for candy! My DD loves stuffed animals. When DH & I were at home depot this poor bunny was all by himself looking lonely. He was only $20 so we took him home.

qbaNCMXQRCSgO13IsXhRyA.jpg

All I thought about during this run was the mini key lime pie I had sitting in my fridge that I had bought for Easter dinner. I never even had a slice. I tried using the Average Pace feature of my watch and it didn't go so well. While running it kept telling me my average pace was 11:40-11:50, but the lap alerts were telling me otherwise.. My average pace at the end of the run was 11:37. I did some research and I have to change some setting on my watch if I want it to be more accurate, but it will make my battery drain faster. I'll just stick to current pace or use the workout feature. I finally loaded music and an audiobook onto the watch. It felt so weird running without my phone.
  • 7 miles @ 11:56
  • 11:42, 11:39, 11:38, 11:47, 11:24, 11:50, 11:21
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found out my corral for the Darkside Half Marathon. I used the same POT that I used for PHM which landed me in corral D. I'm there again for DS. I'm getting nervous about Darkside weekend. I know I can handle the distance. I have a plan in place for hydration/fuel (nathan backpack & tailwind). Right now I feel like I'm just going to fall on my face and fail. I know it's just race jitters, but I am still nervous.

Don't you have the Garmin 645? Try using current lap pace. In my opinion, it's the best method for assessing pace at any certain time. If you input workouts through the Garmin Connect interface, then you can have pace zones for certain workouts (I do that for anything faster than HM Tempo). I'd highly recommend changing the watch to the higher level accuracy as well (1-sec recording). These two things will make for a more accurate experience.

Don't you have the Garmin 645? Try using current lap pace. In my opinion, it's the best method for assessing pace at any certain time. If you input workouts through the Garmin Connect interface, then you can have pace zones for certain workouts (I do that for anything faster than HM Tempo). I'd highly recommend changing the watch to the higher level accuracy as well (1-sec recording). These two things will make for a more accurate experience.

Yes, I have the 645. I usually create workouts and use those. I like that I can now quickly glance to see if I’m in the green zone. I don’t know why I thought using average pace was a good idea LOL! if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Super late to this party, but I'm here!
Omg I'm in love with Piper! He looks just like my late sissy cat. So sweet!
Oh my word, what's up with all the birds?!! Lol
Our plans look similar! We both have the same A race and we're both in corral D! I'm soooooooo nervous too! Hope to see you there!

Super late to this party, but I'm here!
Omg I'm in love with Piper! He looks just like my late sissy cat. So sweet!
Oh my word, what's up with all the birds?!! Lol
Our plans look similar! We both have the same A race and we're both in corral D! I'm soooooooo nervous too! Hope to see you there!

Yay! We will have to do a corral meet up! It’s the weather that has me the most nervous followed by can I really keep that pace the entire time???? Piper is the best cat I’ve ever owned. Were those the really tall birds? It’s baby season now and I keep hoping to get a picture, but I’m always driving when I see them.

Race jitters are normal. Just remember to trust your training and have a good time!

Thank you! I’m looking forward to running through Pandora. Today’s run was a bit of a confidence booster.

Cat snugglers are the best! We used to have two but are down to our 15 year old, Jasmine, who looks like your kitty on the left!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter