~*~ Dream ~*~ Believe ~*~ Achieve ~*~ (Comments Welcome)

04/02/18 - 04/08/18

No change in weight this week. Thank goodness because I have been eating a lot of crap. I am starting to fit back into some of my clothes though which makes me think my scale is a jerk. I've had to retire some capris because they fall down when I run! Now that hot weather is upon us here in central FL I've had to purchase some new gear.

I bought a Tracer360 vest. Runs before the scorching sun comes out is in my foreseeable future. I've had some problems with neighbors not noticing me and nearly running me over. I try to stick to the sidewalks, but they are still building houses here which means no sidewalk in front of that lot or there are sprinklers on at occupied houses and I don't want to get wet. I also live on the outskirts of town where there are no sidewalks if I want to leave my subdivision for a long run or a change of scenery.

tracer.jpeg

I also need to start carrying water more. I loathe running belts and I don't want to wear my hydration vest on the shorter runs. I also don't like holding things in my hand when I run. I found a happy medium with this Amphipod water bottle. It straps to my hand and I really don't notice it that much. Even when it's full it's not very heavy. Those loops are for gels, but it works very well for chapstick!

amphipod.jpeg

Went to Lululemon to pick up ONE running skirt since they are $$$$. I walked out with three skirts and a sports bra, but it was all on clearance!​
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday - Rest Day

Tuesday - Killer side stitch in mile 3. Slowed the pace for a bit until it went away.
  • 2 mi WU + 2 x 2 mi @ 10:18 w/ 2 min RI + 1 mi CD
  • Splits: 12:23, 12:24 / 10:16, 10:10, 10:28, 10:18 / 12:19
Wednesday - Just wasn't feeling it today. I've noticed a trend. When I get lost in my Harry Potter audiobook I zone out and forget to look at my watch to check my pace. Oops. My Garmin hasn't been very good at yelling at me when I'm too fast or too slow.
  • 4.5 miles @ 13:11
  • 12:19, 12:10, 12:01, 12:32, 12:16, 12:12
Thursday - Blind run which shows me, yet again, I have no idea what HM tempo pace should feel like. You'd think I'd know after all these weeks.......but.......look at all those nines!!!
  • 1 mile WU / 5.5 miles @ 10:41 / 1 mile CD
  • 13:05 / 10:01, 9:34, 9:48, 9:29, 9:41, 9:15 / 11:35
Friday - Rest day. I did lots of absolutely NOTHING! Even skipped out on cooking dinner and went out for Mexican.

*** I was scheduled to run 7 miles on Saturday and 13 on Sunday. Daughter had an early morning soccer game on Sunday & DH had to leave right after it for a work business trip. My kids can't even sit in a car for a 10 minute drive to Chipotle without fighting. I was not going to leave them for 2.5 hours for a run even though they are 14yo & 12yo. Messaged Billy about swapping days. He had me run 13 on Saturday & 5 on Sunday. ***

Saturday - I added .10 miles to earn my Star Wars Virtual Half Medal. I was up at 5am so I could get out the door and get a good chunk of my run in before the sun came up. On my way back home I heard a really fast clopping noise. I looked to my left and a deer was bolting across the street and nearly ran me over! It was inches from me and scared me half to death!

giphy.gif

• 13 miles @ LR 11:56
  • ended up running 13.1 w/ average pace of 11:38
Sunday - Ugh...another 5am wake up call to get a run in before daughter's soccer game. They tied 1-1. There can be some rough housing in soccer, but the team we played against was ridiculous. I've never seen such aggressive and foul mouthed girls!
  • 5 mi @ 12:20
  • 12:02, 11:56, 11:46, 11:54, 11:51
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This week's goal is to get back on track with MyFitnessPal.

Great training week. And, hello, we are going to need some pictures of the new running skirts and SCORE on getting them on clearance!

Love the meme! I'm in love with those skirts. I have a couple of sparkle skirts, but they are too swingy and annoy me after a while. The fabric on these is lighter weight too which I need for the sweltering summers. No excuses for falling off the running wagon this summer!!!

My DH is at a work conference this week. Sometimes he comes home with some good swag. Today he was handled a belt with the company logo on the buckle. Whoever thought that was a good freebie needs to be fired. :ssst:

Not ideal weather for running today. I might end up having to use a treadmill at the gym. Got up at 5am to run before I had to get the kids up for school. It was raining and thundering. It's been raining off and on all morning and is supposed continue like this all day and into the night. Blah.

SWDS update: My DH (Rob) bought himself cheer squad. I'm staying onsite, but he will be driving to Epcot race morning to watch me finish. He plans on getting there super early to get a good spot in the reserved seating. I'm not a huge crier in public, but having someone at the finish line for the first time ever after a half marathon may make me cry. Logistics have just never worked out due to my DD soccer schedule. Costumes are finished, but I still need to pick up a white sweaty band at the expo. I am not very creative when it comes to costumes so I bought two different shirts from iglowrunning on etsy. For the 10K I have a Darth Vader tank with a tiny cape that I'll pair with a black running skirt and black sweaty band. For the 1/2 I have a white storm trooper tank that I will pair with a white running skirt and white sweaty band. That's about as creative as I get! Plans are to goof off for the 10K and get as many pics as I can. I'm guessing it will be a 2 hour finish time. Goal for the half is to PR, but I'm worried about the weather and being able to do it. It's still too early to be making adjustments for weather.

running update: MIL said she would happily fly to FL and watch the kiddos while Rob & I took a mini getaway. We haven't been anywhere by ourselves in 11 years. It's time. He loves to hike and photograph nature and I like to run. We both like waterfalls. Our anniversary is in September. I was trying to find something for both of us to do within a day's driving distance. I thought I had stumbled on something in TN, but I guess the elevation climb would be tough according to the Running 2018 thread. I still have it on the table as an option though while I keep looking.

SWDS update: My DH (Rob) bought himself cheer squad. I'm staying onsite, but he will be driving to Epcot race morning to watch me finish. He plans on getting there super early to get a good spot in the reserved seating. I'm not a huge crier in public, but having someone at the finish line for the first time ever after a half marathon may make me cry. Logistics have just never worked out due to my DD soccer schedule. Costumes are finished, but I still need to pick up a white sweaty band at the expo. I am not very creative when it comes to costumes so I bought two different shirts from iglowrunning on etsy. For the 10K I have a Darth Vader tank with a tiny cape that I'll pair with a black running skirt and black sweaty band. For the 1/2 I have a white storm trooper tank that I will pair with a white running skirt and white sweaty band. That's about as creative as I get! Plans are to goof off for the 10K and get as many pics as I can. I'm guessing it will be a 2 hour finish time. Goal for the half is to PR, but I'm worried about the weather and being able to do it. It's still too early to be making adjustments for weather.

running update: MIL said she would happily fly to FL and watch the kiddos while Rob & I took a mini getaway. We haven't been anywhere by ourselves in 11 years. It's time. He loves to hike and photograph nature and I like to run. We both like waterfalls. Our anniversary is in September. I was trying to find something for both of us to do within a day's driving distance. I thought I had stumbled on something in TN, but I guess the elevation climb would be tough according to the Running 2018 thread. I still have it on the table as an option though while I keep looking.

There's a few in Atlanta in September, but heat is going to be an issue. There was one I was going to do called Tortoise and the Hare Half which looks really neat, but it is Labor Day weekend. There was also one on September 8th in Atlanta called Craft Classic I think, which is craft beer themed. Check the website runningintheusa.com, that is where I find ALL of my half marathons.

I have used iglowrunning before too, love their costumes!

That's so awesome about your MIL. Enjoy your mini getaway.

I've been tempted to order from iglowrunning before but just never have done it. Maybe Marathon weekend next year.

That awesome your husband got chear squad to watch you finish!! It’s worthy of a good cry!!!

My costume is a black sparkle skirt and a black tank and a black hat and black shoes! So you’ve got me beat on creativity! Lol! I know nothing about Star Wars, but I figured black would be ok probably not the best idea for Florida heat though! Lol

Super awesome that your MIL is flying down! It’s too bad your weren’t closer to NY! The Fingerlakes are a beautiful place to visit in the fall! We have a place on Seneca lakes! Racing, wineries and waterfalls....checks all the boxes! Lol

That awesome your husband got chear squad to watch you finish!! It’s worthy of a good cry!!!

My costume is a black sparkle skirt and a black tank and a black hat and black shoes! So you’ve got me beat on creativity! Lol! I know nothing about Star Wars, but I figured black would be ok probably not the best idea for Florida heat though! Lol

Super awesome that your MIL is flying down! It’s too bad your weren’t closer to NY! The Fingerlakes are a beautiful place to visit in the fall! We have a place on Seneca lakes! Racing, wineries and waterfalls....checks all the boxes! Lol

That is so weird you mentioned the Fingerlakes because that was the very last time we went somewhere without kids. We rented a house with 5 other couples over Mother's Day weekend on a lake and toured the wineries!!!

That is so weird you mentioned the Fingerlakes because that was the very last time we went somewhere without kids. We rented a house with 5 other couples over Mother's Day weekend on a lake and toured the wineries!!!
It’s fate! Lol! So funny! I grew up there! I’m sure you had a wonderful time and you must go back and visit!

So great that your husband will get to see you finish the half - that's definitely a reason to get emotional!

I've seen some iglowrunning stuff and I love it. I'm sure your costumes will be awesome!

I worked on my Spotify playlist yesterday and used it on today’s run. Still needs some tweaking. There’s a few songs in there with a beat that is too slow. Today’s weather was perfect (actually kind of chilly!). I have all my fingers and toes crossed that we get lucky and have similar weather next weekend. Today was one of those days where I was feeling really good and didn’t want to stop running!

So last year it was discovered that there was a genetic component to having a sweet tooth. I have always loved sweet stuff....fruit, honey, candy, stevia, sugar straight out of the sugar bowl.......

I was listening to Dana Loesch today (don't judge. she's funny at times.) and now researchers have linked that gene to lower body fat & BMI. I wish!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter