"You and me, we're in a club now!" - a DFTW/Disneymoon/Vacay August 2017 PTR

All caught up! I'm envious of your wedding plans for many reasons - mainly being that I'll never be able to get away with having a DFTW. So, for now, I will live vicariously through you!

YAY for Grand Floridian! That is my DREAM resort to stay at. What an awesome perk!

All caught up! I'm envious of your wedding plans for many reasons - mainly being that I'll never be able to get away with having a DFTW. So, for now, I will live vicariously through you!

YAY for Grand Floridian! That is my DREAM resort to stay at. What an awesome perk!

Thanks, we're really excited! And we've visited the GF but I never thought we'd stay there, so even if it's only for one night it's a big deal for us. We're really looking forward to it :)

We cut our losses and celebrated each other, ate extra cupcakes, and watched Aladdin and talked about wedding plans. In order to be a good host for Tanya and to thank her for taking the time out of her night to spend time with me and help me eat mountains of junk food, I didn't spend the evening complaining to her about how rude and frustrating it is to blow people off—especially without notice—when those people put in gross amounts of effort for their friends.

That is so rude!

I posted this picture to Instagram and Facebook, and I captioned it: "That awkward moment when you didn't set out enough food for all two of you! #badhostess #princessnight #justtwobrideseatingadozencupcakes#itsmypartyicancryifiwantto"

It's a really cute spread though!

We were torn about which route to take as there's also one that offers Pirates, the Tangled bathroom area, and Haunted Mansion...but I've seen some really beautiful photos online from our locations, so that's where we picked.

Ooo I would love to do Haunted Mansion.

we're planning to speed up our driving to arrive earlier in the day on Aug. 15th so we can be sure to enjoy our totally free night at...

giphy%203_zpsprklhesh.gif

...the Grand Floridian!!

Totally the best choice!

I'm sorry everyone bailed on your party :( I'm glad you and the other bride to be were still able to have a nice night though!

Mephiphanys are good to have! Really makes you evaluate the people you associate with and if it's a good or bad thing for you!

If I was planning a Disney wedding, having Mickey & Minnie attend would be a total must! I'm glad you're able to splurge for this!

WOW, a photoshoot in MK sounds so magical! I think you picked a nice route! Out of curiousity, what did the third route offer?

A free night at the Grand? That's awesome!

I didn't spend the evening complaining to her about how rude and frustrating it is to blow people off—especially without notice—when those people put in gross amounts of effort for their friends.

That must have taken a lot of will power. I would have been seriously annoyed.

when I drove an hour each way in the rain to see a friend in a mediocre show, realizing the whole time that they wouldn't do the same if the roles were reversed.

I can totally relate and this is the hugest pet peeve of mine. I feel just like you in that I do a lot for people who I consider friends and can't see many of them doing anything close. But to blow off an invite and not even let you know? That is just so rude.

We've opted to have Mickey and Minnie attend our day!!

That is seriously the coolest thing ever.

but we wanted to make sure those special Disney touches were included.

Agreed!! If you are lucky enough to have a Disney wedding, then I think it should REALLY BE DISNEY and you can't get more Disney than Mickey and Minnie!

ours will also include Enchanted Tales with Belle, the exterior of Be Our Guest, and Journey of the Little Mermaid

This is sooo awesome!! I can't wait to see those pics!

go take a giant nap,

Weeellll I do hope this works out for you because getting up that early is crazy...but...speaking from experience...you may just be too wired on your wedding day to get a nap in at all...but that's ok, you'll have enough adrenaline in you to keep going.

We figured if we got a free night we should stay in the swankiest place they had!

Well of course!!

I'm sorry everyone bailed on your party :( I'm glad you and the other bride to be were still able to have a nice night though!

Mephiphanys are good to have! Really makes you evaluate the people you associate with and if it's a good or bad thing for you!

If I was planning a Disney wedding, having Mickey & Minnie attend would be a total must! I'm glad you're able to splurge for this!

WOW, a photoshoot in MK sounds so magical! I think you picked a nice route! Out of curiousity, what did the third route offer?

A free night at the Grand? That's awesome!

Yeah, I'm glad the two brides could make the most of the night. More cupcakes for me! (They all ended up in my freezer for the occasional emergency cupcake binge.)

The third route was also interesting to me, but I don't think it would have appealed much to Nate. It was the carousel, the teacups, and the wishing well. I love those classic Disney type attractions, but Nathan doesn't have the nostalgia factor associated with them since his first trip was in his 20s. We're really looking forward to the photo shoot even just for the experience itself of being in the park first thing in the morning when it's empty except for all the cast members bustling around, etc.

I can totally relate and this is the hugest pet peeve of mine. I feel just like you in that I do a lot for people who I consider friends and can't see many of them doing anything close. But to blow off an invite and not even let you know? That is just so rude.

Agreed!! I heard back from one or two people within an hour or two of the event saying they were double booked, etc. Several others I only heard from because I checked in with them that day, and I suspect they wouldn't have bothered to let me know otherwise. And a couple others never bothered to say a thing, they just didn't show up. But we made the best of it! And no more! (I say. I know I probably will get into this situation again at some point. But I'm really going to try to work more on the self-love and put my energy into people who do the same.)

That is seriously the coolest thing ever.

Thanks! We thought so, too! I'm really looking forward to the pictures with the dynamic duo :)

Weeellll I do hope this works out for you because getting up that early is crazy...but...speaking from experience...you may just be too wired on your wedding day to get a nap in at all...but that's ok, you'll have enough adrenaline in you to keep going.

I hope so, too...but hopefully if not you'll be right about the adrenaline carrying us through! I have a feeling that night will be early to bed, but that's fine with both of us. We'll have the rest of our lives for staying up late. :)

but sometimes you get home from job no. 2 and waste all your leftover energy on making taco salad and watching Gilmore Girls.

Zero time wasted. This would be the best night ever for me!

First, I had to be a grown-up today and make an appointment for my car.

I hate anything car related :crazy2: I hope it's all sorted out!

I had a hard time standing there and being polite.

I'm very bad at this, too!

We cut our losses and celebrated each other, ate extra cupcakes, and watched Aladdin and talked about wedding plans.

This sounds more fun anyway!!

YEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're doing a Magic Kingdom Bridal Portrait Session the morning of our wedding!

hooray, hooray, hooray!! This is awesome!

so it means my hair and make-up appointments begin at 3:30am.

OMG. Girl, that is going to be a long day. But it's going to be so amazing!!!

Definitely not cool for your friends to bail on you, but I'm glad the 2 of you were able to enjoy yourselves and make the most of the evening together.

I love your splurges. I don't think there is any need to justify any of it. It is your wedding, do what you want to do!!! If you have the means, make it happen! The early morning hair and makeup sounds pretty rough though. Do you have to actually be awake while someone is getting you ready??? :rotfl2:

YEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hooray, hooray, hooray!! This is awesome!

This is exactly how we feel about those two things. :)

OMG. Girl, that is going to be a long day. But it's going to be so amazing!!!

Ugh...it sure is. I'm tired already just thinking about it. :P But it's only one day and we'll have the pictures and the memories to make it all worth it. :) We can sleep after Disney!

The early morning hair and makeup sounds pretty rough though. Do you have to actually be awake while someone is getting you ready??? :rotfl2:

Oooh I hadn't thought about that loophole! If someone could just prop me up, I'm sure they could do hair and most of my makeup without me being awake...

AHHH!!! It'll be like you have celebrities there!

To have one character from the fab five, you'll pay $1200, but to have two the increase is only to $1700, so if Mickey was going to be there we figured we might as well also have Minnie!

It just makes sense!

AHH!!!! It'll be like you're the celebrity!

so it means my hair and make-up appointments begin at 3:30am

Yikes. I might fall asleep in the chair.

Just like this!

...the Grand Floridian!!

More AHHH!!!! for you :P

But it's also exciting because we have developed a new goal of staying at all the WDW resorts at some point in our lifetimes, and we don't think we would have ever had a reason to stay at the Grand otherwise, between the extravagant price and us being more inclined toward the theming of other resorts for a longer vacation.

Absolutely! I am of this opinion that this, too, only makes sense!

I am so excited for you! Stinks that your party didn't go as planned but at least you got to enjoy time with one good friend! To me, that's much better than having a bunch of people who aren't there for you.

I'm living vicariously through you right now, in case you can't tell :)

We cut our losses and celebrated each other, ate extra cupcakes, and watched Aladdin and talked about wedding plans.
Hey, that still sounds like a win in my book!

In order to be a good host for Tanya and to thank her for taking the time out of her night to spend time with me and help me eat mountains of junk food, I didn't spend the evening complaining to her about how rude and frustrating it is to blow people off—especially without notice—when those people put in gross amounts of effort for their friends.
It really is rude. I completely understand that things come up sometimes, but not for 8 people all at once. Plus, its not like you were just going out to meet up for drinks or something, you got your home ready for all these people. I would be P-O'd too!!

I'm not spending time on people who won't spend time on me. Not anymore! I have a bad habit of picking up friends who don't have the time or energy to contribute to friendships, and it usually makes me feel like I'm doing all the work. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Amen, sister!! Don't waste your time on one sided friendships. That's why in the last few years my circle has gotten MUCH smaller. Life is too short to spend time trying to cater to people who wouldn't bother to do the same for you.

Finally, after so many days of endless rain and gloom (#buildinganark) we had the most beautiful weekend this weekend. Sunny, highs just above 70, and gorgeous blue skies.
Yayy!! Us too!! I'm hoping al that doom and gloom is done with for the summer! :flower1:

Depending on what you all think is reasonable to spend on a wedding or a vacation, these things may either seem like no big deal to you, or they may seem like ridiculous extravagances that you would never waste money on. Every wedding, every couple, and every budget is different, so these were things that we found worth it for us in the end...
Our opinion doesn't matter one bit. The only ones that do are yours and N's!

We've opted to have Mickey and Minnie attend our day!! As someone who, even as an adult, really enjoys character M&G experiences, this was something I didn't want to pass up! We waited until now to make sure it would be in the budget. When you plan a DFTW, you can have almost any character (except certain licensed character like Winnie the Pooh and the gang) attend your special day for a price. To have one character from the fab five, you'll pay $1200, but to have two the increase is only to $1700, so if Mickey was going to be there we figured we might as well also have Minnie! They will attend for a half hour during our cake-cutting/toasts/mingling period to take photos and hang out with us. And they are supposed to be attending in their gold formalwear outfits...

MickeyandMinnieOutfitChoices-page-001_zpsfcjtmns1.jpg
This is so much fun!! Especially getting to pick which outfits you want them to wear. I totally agree that Minnie is worth the extra $500! Who better to have at your wedding than the most famous mouse couple?! They HAVE been together longer than we've been alive :rolleyes:

Speaking of special touches, our other big SPLURGE is pretty magical to us as well: We're doing a Magic Kingdom Bridal Portrait Session the morning of our wedding! For a hefty price, you can have your photos taken in your wedding attire in the Magic Kingdom (or other parks) first thing in the morning before they open.
THIS. This is THE biggest perk of getting married at WDW IMO.

Our session cost $2125
That's not bad at all!! An average cost for a wedding photographer is $5,000. Yours is less than half and your having pictures taken in THE MAGIC FREAKIN' KINGDOM!

I'm justifying the costs (not that I really need to since it's our wedding and we're paying for almost all of it by ourselves)
True story.

Any DFTW couple who, along with their guests, will be staying a minimum of a certain number of nights on property can set up a room block for those nights and receive a complimentary night at a Disney resort. The minimum used to be 25 nights, and I knew we probably wouldn't have that many. But recently I noticed that the minimum had been quietly dropped to 10 nights! We had that many for sure! We also hadn't made any hotel reservations for our first night after arrival, Aug. 15th, thinking we'd get in late and stay in a cheap motel....but now that we get a free night we hadn't budgeted for...we're planning to speed up our driving to arrive earlier in the day on Aug. 15th so we can be sure to enjoy our totally free night at...

...the Grand Floridian!!
WOOHOOO!!!

But it's also exciting because we have developed a new goal of staying at all the WDW resorts at some point in our lifetimes, and we don't think we would have ever had a reason to stay at the Grand otherwise, between the extravagant price and us being more inclined toward the theming of other resorts for a longer vacation.
The only way we can afford to stay at Deluxe hotels is with renting DVC points. Plus, like you guys, our tastes tend to lean towards the laid back style of the Poly or Wilderness Lodge rather than the prim and proper GF. BUT, with that said, I would totally take advantage if I got a night free just to experience it, and check it off the list!::yes::

I already know I'm going to regret so many resort hops during this trip, but I'm also very excited to use it as an opportunity to see so many different WDW resorts all at once!
Living out of a suitcase might stink, but I think its worth it to see so many new places!

That's all for today. Thanks so much for following along on our journey so far! Everything is suddenly starting to feel very close, seeing as we've sent in our forms and our FP day is this coming week. Up next you'll hear all about our cake and floral, and then an itinerary complete with wedding ceremony deets and FPs is soon to follow...
It's getting so close!!!!:rotfl:

AHHH!!! It'll be like you have celebrities there!

I know!! I'm going to be so nervous with them just like hanging out with a human celeb :P

I am so excited for you! Stinks that your party didn't go as planned but at least you got to enjoy time with one good friend! To me, that's much better than having a bunch of people who aren't there for you.

Thank you!! And I completely agree. One good friend is far more worth the time. And I got to put a half dozen cupcakes in the freezer for a rainy day, so that's never a bad thing. :P

It really is rude. I completely understand that things come up sometimes, but not for 8 people all at once. Plus, its not like you were just going out to meet up for drinks or something, you got your home ready for all these people. I would be P-O'd too!!

Absolutely. I find that this happens to everyone, but it seems to be SO much worse when all your "friends" are performers, actors, musicians, etc. Those type of people (I'm guilty of it too) are soo busy and overbooked and used to running around like chickens with their heads cut off, but they tend to not give enough respect to plans with others because of it. I try to be really mindful of not doing this to my friends, and it's frustrating and becoming less and less worth my time when other people do it to me.

Who better to have at your wedding than the most famous mouse couple?! They HAVE been together longer than we've been alive :rolleyes:

True! Maybe they can give us some advice :)

That's not bad at all!! An average cost for a wedding photographer is $5,000. Yours is less than half and your having pictures taken in THE MAGIC FREAKIN' KINGDOM!

That's what I thought, too. It's a lot of money to pay for an hour. But we're not paying for any outside photography which would easily be twice as much.

Living out of a suitcase might stink, but I think its worth it to see so many new places!

I think so, too! And we'll have the trunk of our car to store things we won't need as often, etc., so I think it'll be okay. Worth it? I'll find out soon enough :)

Depending on what you all think is reasonable to spend on a wedding or a vacation, these things may either seem like no big deal to you, or they may seem like ridiculous extravagances that you would never waste money on. Every wedding, every couple, and every budget is different, so these were things that we found worth it for us in the end...

Planning for our vow renewal at Disney, I felt the same way. Everyone seemed to have an opinion on what we were spending our money on--in the end, everything we picked and added on and paid for made our day so perfect and special and "US" that every penny was worth it!

:mickeyjumYAY!!!!! What's a Disney wedding without the main mouse!! and his gal :)

That is just incredible. We actually had all the information and picked our route and everything when they dropped the bomb on us that we COULDN'T schedule one during the week of our vow renewal because of the extended holiday hours at the parks :faint::worried: I can't wait to see your pictures!!!

We figured if we got a free night we should stay in the swankiest place they had! :cool1:

AMAZING!!!!! You definitely picked the BEST possible place to spend your free night!!!

Planning for our vow renewal at Disney, I felt the same way. Everyone seemed to have an opinion on what we were spending our money on--in the end, everything we picked and added on and paid for made our day so perfect and special and "US" that every penny was worth it!

That's what we've noticed, too. Something about weddings/vow renewals/celebrations makes everyone feel inclined to share their opinions. But I'm so glad it worked out that way for you! That's what we're hoping for and expecting as well!

That is just incredible. We actually had all the information and picked our route and everything when they dropped the bomb on us that we COULDN'T schedule one during the week of our vow renewal because of the extended holiday hours at the parks :faint::worried: I can't wait to see your pictures!!!

I'd heard about that happening to couples! I'm sorry, that's so unfortunate! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for great pictures. I know the photographers at Disney can sometimes be a little hit or miss. But no matter what pictures we get, we're most excited for the experience, so I think it'll be worth it either way.

Joining in! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Your plans sound amazing!

Thank you so much! And :welcome:

I'm not spending time on people who won't spend time on me. Not anymore! I have a bad habit of picking up friends who don't have the time or energy to contribute to friendships, and it usually makes me feel like I'm doing all the work. Ain't nobody got time for that!
YES! There's something about planning a wedding that brought out the same feelings in me. I think it's the idea that you already have so much to do, with so little time that you start to realize your time/energy is valuable and that people who suck it out of you without anything in return just aren't worth it anymore. I think realizing that can be rather empowering :)

We've opted to have Mickey and Minnie attend our day!! As someone who, even as an adult, really enjoys character M&G experiences, this was something I didn't want to pass up! We waited until now to make sure it would be in the budget.

So worth it! I'm sure it will be something your guests will be blown away by!

Speaking of special touches, our other big SPLURGE is pretty magical to us as well: We're doing a Magic Kingdom Bridal Portrait Session the morning of our wedding! For a hefty price, you can have your photos taken in your wedding attire in the Magic Kingdom (or other parks) first thing in the morning before they open. Our session cost $2125, but my grandmother offered to pay for half of it as a wedding gift. There are three routes you can choose for photos, all of which include the castle, and ours will also include Enchanted Tales with Belle, the exterior of Be Our Guest, and Journey of the Little Mermaid. We were torn about which route to take as there's also one that offers Pirates, the Tangled bathroom area, and Haunted Mansion...but I've seen some really beautiful photos online from our locations, so that's where we picked.

Okay, this is even MORE worth it! Those picture will be priceless! While I love HM and Pirates, I think your locations are so much more romantic and better suited for a wedding. I can't wait to see the results!

All caught up! Very excited about your wedding details!

Firstly, I had planned an event last week at my condo: a Princess Night! As you know, I work for a company doing princess parties. There are about 10 of us involved in the company, and two of us are getting married this summer. We thought it would be fun to get together and eat cupcakes and watch Disney movies, so I asked everyone about their schedules, found a night that worked for them all, and went to town picking movies, buying princess napkins, making cupcakes and punch, etc. The day before the party we had 8 RSVP'd to attend. But those of you who follow me on Facebook or Instagram may already know that that didn't end up being the case... the day of the party, everyone ended up having other things to do...and only one person out of the 8 showed up. The one person was the other bride. So it was just the two of us, the ones who were intended to be celebrated, just hanging out in an empty party-less condo. (Glad I didn't spring for the helium balloons! :P) We cut our losses and celebrated each other, ate extra cupcakes, and watched Aladdin and talked about wedding plans. In order to be a good host for Tanya and to thank her for taking the time out of her night to spend time with me and help me eat mountains of junk food, I didn't spend the evening complaining to her about how rude and frustrating it is to blow people off—especially without notice—when those people put in gross amounts of effort for their friends.

OH NO!! How rude. I'm sorry you had to do all this planning and no one could come!
I'm happy you got to have fun with the other bride and celebrate yourselves though, and that's what counts, right? :)

I even wore my Moana-themed dress for the princessy occasion. It was a fun night anyway, but this event, coupled with a few nights later when I drove an hour each way in the rain to see a friend in a mediocre show, realizing the whole time that they wouldn't do the same if the roles were reversed...all this led me to a mepiphany (an epiphany you have out of love for yourself: me + epiphany): I'm not spending time on people who won't spend time on me. Not anymore! I have a bad habit of picking up friends who don't have the time or energy to contribute to friendships, and it usually makes me feel like I'm doing all the work. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Agreed!! And I love the Mepiphany term!

We've opted to have Mickey and Minnie attend our day!! As someone who, even as an adult, really enjoys character M&G experiences, this was something I didn't want to pass up! We waited until now to make sure it would be in the budget. When you plan a DFTW, you can have almost any character (except certain licensed character like Winnie the Pooh and the gang) attend your special day for a price. To have one character from the fab five, you'll pay $1200, but to have two the increase is only to $1700, so if Mickey was going to be there we figured we might as well also have Minnie! They will attend for a half hour during our cake-cutting/toasts/mingling period to take photos and hang out with us. And they are supposed to be attending in their gold formalwear outfits...

MickeyandMinnieOutfitChoices-page-001_zpsfcjtmns1.jpg

It's far and away the most expensive character M&G I'll ever have, but there was something very special and very Disney to me about having them there all to ourselves. My little cousin will also still be at the age where Mickey and Minnie are fun to meet. And I have many guests who've never been to Disney before who will have an awesome VIP first experience with my favourite mice! Some people who have a wedding at Disney don't want it to be Disney-fied and want it to be just as normal and classy as a wedding anywhere else, but we wanted to make sure those special Disney touches were included.

THIS IS AWESOME!!!! I would totally spend the money for this! YES YES YES. So happy for you guys!!

Speaking of special touches, our other big SPLURGE is pretty magical to us as well: We're doing a Magic Kingdom Bridal Portrait Session the morning of our wedding! For a hefty price, you can have your photos taken in your wedding attire in the Magic Kingdom (or other parks) first thing in the morning before they open. Our session cost $2125, but my grandmother offered to pay for half of it as a wedding gift. There are three routes you can choose for photos, all of which include the castle, and ours will also include Enchanted Tales with Belle, the exterior of Be Our Guest, and Journey of the Little Mermaid. We were torn about which route to take as there's also one that offers Pirates, the Tangled bathroom area, and Haunted Mansion...but I've seen some really beautiful photos online from our locations, so that's where we picked.

AWWW I can't wait to see the pictures from this session!!! If I could sneak in and watch you guys, I would, LOL!!

...the Grand Floridian!!

This is exciting for many reasons, of course. We figured if we got a free night we should stay in the swankiest place they had! :cool1: But it's also exciting because we have developed a new goal of staying at all the WDW resorts at some point in our lifetimes, and we don't think we would have ever had a reason to stay at the Grand otherwise, between the extravagant price and us being more inclined toward the theming of other resorts for a longer vacation. I already know I'm going to regret so many resort hops during this trip, but I'm also very excited to use it as an opportunity to see so many different WDW resorts all at once!

That's amazing!! I would totally do GF as well. We're only staying there in OCt/Nov because I rented points and it's not peak season so it was more affordable that way. I'm sure they will stick us in some random wing that will be a half a mile walk from the monorail but I don't care! I'm staying at the GF for the first time!

YES! There's something about planning a wedding that brought out the same feelings in me. I think it's the idea that you already have so much to do, with so little time that you start to realize your time/energy is valuable and that people who suck it out of you without anything in return just aren't worth it anymore. I think realizing that can be rather empowering :)

Absolutely!! Taking care of yourself is awesome! Nothing like a wedding to get your priorities in order. :)

OH NO!! How rude. I'm sorry you had to do all this planning and no one could come!
I'm happy you got to have fun with the other bride and celebrate yourselves though, and that's what counts, right? :)

Yeah, agreed! We had a fun little evening and it was very low key. I find that my friends who are performers, actors, musicians, etc., are the worst for this. They're so used to spreading themselves too thin that they have a hard time following through on commitments. Oh well! We had fun without them!

That's amazing!! I would totally do GF as well. We're only staying there in OCt/Nov because I rented points and it's not peak season so it was more affordable that way. I'm sure they will stick us in some random wing that will be a half a mile walk from the monorail but I don't care! I'm staying at the GF for the first time!

You'll be at the GF, so it won't even matter where you are! That's SO exciting! I have nothing but love and respect for people who can and will pay full price at the GF, but it's not in the cards for us any time soon, so this worked out to be pretty awesome :)

Following! I just finished reading your other 2 trip reports! I can't wait to read about your wedding. My only regret in marrying my husband is that we didn't get married at Disney :worship:

Allow me to give you your official: :welcome:!!! Thanks so much for following along! We're pretty psyched to have a Disney wedding, I have to say, but any wedding where the couple loves each other and is excited to spend their lives together is a pretty perfect one in my books. :)

Nom Cake.

More updates coming your way! First of all, this morning I'm about to leave for some kind of bachelorette-type day with my two bridesmaids. It's supposed to rain all day long, and I know some of the things they wanted to do were outside, but I told them to use their discretion and that I wouldn't melt. (I'm hardier than I look!) I have no idea what we're doing. My only requests were no strippers, no alcohol (I'm allergic), and no painting my fingernails (princesses can't wear nail polish.) More on this to come soon. :confused3

I also get to go pick up our wedding rings today! They came in yesterday, and I'm excited.
d41k7HR.gif

When we ordered them last week the guy said they could take 6-8 weeks to arrive, but I knew that wouldn't be the case. Pictures will come soon. :lovestruc

So I promised a cake update, and I have one! We decided that we'd have too much trouble trying to pick a flavour, so Disney, being awesome, said we didn't have to! We're doing a tiny 4" cake in red velvet with vanilla frosting, and then we're doing a display of 2 dozen cupcakes under it, half red velvet and vanilla, half chocolate and cinnamon frosting. Everybody wins! And it means we won't have to spend as much time cutting cake for each person and they can just pick whichever cupcakes they prefer. And also, the leftovers will be easier for us to take back with us as cupcakes, so we'll have them to snack on later in the week! <3 Yay cupcakes! We're having our top cake decorated like this:
Xk66p3B.jpg

And our cupcakes will be decorated like this, but in colours to match the top cake:
iyeUyqC.jpg

And I went online and bought a tiny 4" topper for the cake, since our included Minnie/Mickey topper will now be too big. (It's made for a 6" top layer.) It will look like this:
w2gPqw8.jpg

This topper will become even a little more meaningful for us for reasons that will soon be revealed over in my May TR.

We've also made a final decision on floral. Our Escape wedding package includes a bridal bouquet and matching boutonniere. (Or you can swap these out for other equivalent floral, like two smaller bridesmaid-sized bouquets, etc.) We're doing a bouquet like this (with N's boutonniere to match.):
UDSPeFl.jpg

Rather than paying to add bridesmaid floral (since flowers are so expensive and just die anyway) I decided I'd prefer to get my bridesmaids to carry clutches down the aisle. That way they can be a gift to them that they get to keep, and it'll be a place for them to put their phones, magic bands, makeup, accessories, etc., that will look stylish with their outfits. Their clutches look like this style, but they're ivory with gold trim:
D4q77iy.jpg

I also got an unexpected package in the mail from DFTW this week containing a gift of all kinds of little "mementos." This was super sweet! It felt a little silly and disappointing when you also happen to know that they used to give out annual passes as gifts, and then they decided to downsize and gave out fancy engraved watches instead, and then they downsized again and gave out special limited edition magic bands, and now they do this... but since I wasn't expecting anything at all, it was really nice! There were collar stays, a little prince charming token, a charm for my bouquet, shoe bag, pocket square/handkerchief, etc.

6Kzf1ZU.jpg
n4eTsHD.jpg
ggDbQcB.jpg
OmAGxZN.jpg
yA83EEO.jpg
yP8fn9s.jpg
LNXfNn7.jpg
p6K6CYW.jpg

This morning was also my FP day, and I'm excited to have some things booked! Spoiler alert: I had no trouble getting an evening FP for Flight of Passage at 60+2 days out, so that's great. I had some last-minute issues with N's family's MDE accounts (more on that later) but otherwise all went smoothly. That also means itinerary is coming your way soon!! :cheer2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!