You can have TOO many PS'

Pats Dragon

DIS Veteran
Just back from 11 days at Disneyworld and discovered we made toooooooo many ps'. The food was great for the most part and that was the problem. Eating at least 2 big meals made us feel ill and stuffed, we spent a lot of time getting to the ps' instead of relaxing and we didn't get to eat fast food favorites like turkey legs and pop food court food which we love. That being said my favorites were: Biergarten, LeCellier, Garden tea party, Chef Mickey's and Ohana. I will Never go back to rain forrest and planet hollywood.

During our honeymoon trip, I too made too many PS for DH and me. As it turns out, we cancelled some of them and ate on the go. Sometimes it's too easy to overplan. We will, however, always make a few PS for every trip, especially for our favorite places like CG.

You know, I've been thinking the same thing. Today begins my week of calling in for PS and it makes me anxious to plan meals so far in advance. We are not big eaters, 4 adults and 3 boys, 7,5 and 3. We're staying in the Beach Club Villas so we'll do all but one breakfast in...seems like lunch is a better time with kids to plan a PS since who knows when the "melt down" will occur late in the day or early evening. Here's my "as of this morning" PS plan:

Easter Sunday: arrival (driving over from Naples)
Dinner at 5:20 at Chief Mickey's

Monday: Magic Kingdom
Lunch at Crystal Palace
Dinner at Spoodles

Tuesday: MGM
Lunch at 50's Prime Time
Fantasmic w/H&V

Wednesday: MK again
Boofys Beach Club Breakfast Bash

Thursday:
Blizzard Beach
Wolfgang Pucks??????

Friday: Animal Kingdom
Back to Naples at closing

Thanks!

We generally limit ourselves to one PS a day, if that. On a major holiday, we may make a PS for breakfast and dinner, but even that would be unusual.

We also limit ourselves to 1 PS per day (some days we don't make any). Any more than that would be wating too much time trying to get there and waiting as well as it is way too expensive to eat two sit down meals. I honestly can't see spending over $100/per meal for our family of 5. We would rather be experiencing the magic, then waiting for a meal to be served.

I agree. I think, like the above poster said, that one PS a day is plenty. One trip last year, DH, DD6 and I ate a character breakfast EVERY MORNING for 5 mornings straight. That is just plain gross. We could not eat another egg for 2 weeks after the trip. And we also ate at a sit down restaurant every night for dinner! UGH!

Oh well, live and learn...right? Next trip (4 days) we are only doing ONE character breakfast and then sit down dinners every night. We really enjoy the dining on our trips.

Oh, and I agree with Pats dragon....don't waste your money at Rainforest or PH! They are just not worth it!

We have not tried Biergarten or Le Cellier yet, but those are both on our "to do" list!

Yep, we are in the 1 PS a day camp too, and we usually plan it for lunch. It's nice to get a break from the crowds, but it's also nice to just eat when the mood strikes.

Please tell me why you disliked Planet Hollywood so much. I was trying to decide between eating there, or Sci-Fi on our trip in June. Your opinions will help. Thanks soooo much!!!!!!

Kim

Planet Hollywood had just mediocre food and service and the mixed drinks were just soda/no alcohol. We always go to planet hollywood but this is the second time we didn't like the food. The chicken appetizer was downright awful. Sci Fi, in spite of the bad reviews I have read, had delicious food. We really enjoyed the little cars and movies. They don't serve popcorn anymore but, as you can see from my post, we didn't need the extra food.

I am in the two PS a day camp. I think of eating at the WDW themed restaraunts, especially Epcot's, as part of the whole WDW vacation experience. I like to treat the restaraunts as attractions rather than just places to eat. Making the PS's forces us to sit down and relax and see things we may not have seen or experienced, rather than rushing around the parks to ride attractions most of us have done a hundred times before. However, If plans change, then we just cancel a PS and eat where and when the mood strikes. Better to be safe than sorry. Eating is fun!

Have Fun,
Bruce ::MickeyMo

Our 1st trip in '99, we were with other folks so we felt the need to go along with what they wanted to do. We ate THREE square meals a day!! Talk about being full. I was so sick of eating. It was miserable. And we didnt make any PS. Didnt know any better :rolleyes:

The next trip, we had learned about PS. By the 3rd trip, we realized, one PS a day. Snack on popcorn or some other delectable teat that WDW has to offer. Kids thought it was great!

Now we are down to not having a PS everyday. We have our favs like Le Cellier, San Angel, Mama Melroses, Ohanas, Nine Dragons, and sometimes Prime Time that are must dos. And we enjoy throwing in a new place each trip. In Jan., Boma and LTT will be the new trys. We couldnt get LTT last trip so we really wanted to try it this trip.

It usually takes a couple of trips to get past the PS blitz. But it opens up a world of trying new little treats. :cheer2:

We do one a day for dinner, plus one character breakfast.

But I'd rather have one a day (and change my mind and not go), than none and not be able to find sit down food when I'm hungry.

The first time I went to WDW, I ODed on the PS. I had them for breakfast most days, lunch and dinner. At some point in the middle of the week, my 3 godchildren revolted and announced that they just wanted to eat in the room and watch tv. It was a good idea. On all my later trips, either by myself or with DH, we've done a few PS but not many. We are going in January and at this point we have none. I'll worry about it when we get to the park. This time we have our DD, aged 2, going with us for the first time and we'll be more concerned with finding things for her to eat. :wizard:

And try to even out the BF, LNCH and Dinners. Then we just do counter service or snacks or whatever. It works out really well for us that way. 2 is too many for us and we LOVE to snack around the World. Last time we went, I only scheduled a PS every other day and that wasn't quite enough, we were always looking for something to eat so this February, we're back to 1 a day plus yummies. Can't wait!

We did one PS a day, and that was very close to being too much for us. Next time we've got one a day for most days, with a couple of days without any at all. I'm actually looking forward to a bit of "freedom." But then again, we go at less crowded times, so it isn't necessary to have a PS for most places, so we will be able to get in somewhere if the mood strikes us.

I couldn't agree more! We always visit in the summer, and we don't care to eat so much in the heat (downing bottles of water, now that's a different story!).

We like to have one planned "big, nice meal" per day. We usually hit counter service once per day, then snack (usually on stuff from home) in between. It works out great for us and isn't too much or too little.

I never have more than 2 PS's a day. My BF and I love trying the different restaurants (especially in Epcot) and then of course we have our favorites. If we do have 2 PS's in a day, we have a breakfast and dinner, or if by some off chance it's lunch and dinner, we'll go somewhere like The Plaza or Sci-Fi for lunch. Somewhere that serves things on the lighter side. Plus, when we do a PS, it really gives us a chance to sit down, relax, and unwind while having delicious food. The atmosphere of all the restaurants really adds to the experience of Disney.

I had way too many when we went in Nov. 2002....TOO MANY CHARACTER MEALS....ESPECIALLY THOSE 100 DOLLAR BREAKFASTS. We were so tired of juggling cameras with autograph books for 3 kids WE HARDLY ENJOYED OUR 100 dollar breakfasts. LOL We did Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner that trip and also Chef Mickey's for dinner....breakfast in AK another character breakfast....at the time they did a character at Holly Wood and Vine for breakfast and we did that one too. This trip I tried to balance it out. Here is my game plan and it might STILL BE TOO MUCH.

BREAKFAST AT Cp in Mk our first day.
Lunch in Mexico our 2nd day (actually it is so late it is reall dinner)
Lunch at Sci Fi in MGM our 3rd day
Sunday Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and dinner at Trails End that same night. We are not going to parks that day....doing DTD instead.
Monday NO PS AT ALL.....going to AK and MGM again
Tuesday I have PS at Liberty Tree for lunch NO CHARACTER MEAL.

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter