You can pick your friends...

Muscateer

Dis Veteran
but not your family. Well I wish I could pick the family too. Sometimes I feel I make most of the effort and don't get any effort back and find myself beginning to dislike certain members of my family. Is that normal??

Arrggh I could just scream just now, sorry for having a wee rant on here :mad:

but not your family. Well I wish I could pick the family too. Sometimes I feel I make most of the effort and don't get any effort back and find myself beginning to dislike certain members of my family. Is that normal??

:hug::hug: for you , a few members of my family havent been behaving well the last couple of days so I know how you feel x

:hug: Big hugs to you Sadie. I can totally understand how you feel, most of my family spend half their time not talking to each other, it drives me mad especially as I am so easy going and I hate conflict

So come on here and rant away hun, at least it gets it out of your system :hug:

Perfectly normal Sadie, there are very few members of my family that I am close to. Sadly, that includes my Mum too :sad2:

Big hugs Sadie. :hug:

You are certainly not alone, most of my family drive me crazy and we don't talk to or see any of hubby's family (other than one brother). :sad2:

Ok calm has been restored. Decided maybe I wasn't upset as first thought as I managed to eat my lunch and food is usually a no no when I am upset;)

Possibly a good thing that for 9 months out of the year I stay 1000s of miles from my lot. :laughing:

Big hugs Sadie. :hug:

You are certainly not alone, most of my family drive me crazy and we don't talk to or see any of hubby's family (other than one brother). :sad2:

Oh yeah a moan about the outlaws thread would just go on and on forever :lmao:

I have moments like that too! Especially when i was pregnant, my inlaws were forever butting in and telling what i should and shouldnt be doing (even emailed my mum to make sure i wouldnt go on any rides in WDW!).

Mind you i did get my own back, for months i told her if it was a girl we were going to call her Pomegranate :)

Ok calm has been restored. Decided maybe I wasn't upset as first thought as I managed to eat my lunch and food is usually a no no when I am upset;)

Possibly a good thing that for 9 months out of the year I stay 1000s of miles from my lot. :laughing:

I understand that. I had some extended family that I used to say I loved to bits, as long as there was at least one continent between us for most of the year.

i quite like pomegranate for a girl:lmao:

im lucky my mom and dad are great. ihave issues with SIL she can be very *forceful* esp about her disgust about our spending money on wdw and not on getting the house fixed:sad2:, too each their own:cutie:

my bro lets her rip into me, luckily they are 2 hours away so i dont need to see/speak to them often...we just arent close..it happens.

dh is an only child, but as someone else said, my friends are like family and i do more for them (and they for me).. friends are like gifts from god.
the ones you only see once a year but know they will be there are the important ones:hug:
2 years ago dh and i nearly seperated, it was a very rough time, and it shocked me the person i turned to was someone i went to school withand see very erratically, she has known me for nearly 30 years, and she just got me at that time in my life. i love her like a sister, and know the day i need her...she ll be there:hug:
ironically she walked out on her partner about 6 months ago, and came here, it was at that time i realised that trues friends ask for help, and dont just give it..
sorry...rant over

i quite like pomegranate for a girl:lmao:

im lucky my mom and dad are great. ihave issues with SIL she can be very *forceful* esp about her disgust about our spending money on wdw and not on getting the house fixed:sad2:, too each their own:cutie:

my bro lets her rip into me, luckily they are 2 hours away so i dont need to see/speak to them often...we just arent close..it happens.

dh is an only child, but as someone else said, my friends are like family and i do more for them (and they for me).. friends are like gifts from god.
the ones you only see once a year but know they will be there are the important ones:hug:
2 years ago dh and i nearly seperated, it was a very rough time, and it shocked me the person i turned to was someone i went to school withand see very erratically, she has known me for nearly 30 years, and she just got me at that time in my life. i love her like a sister, and know the day i need her...she ll be there:hug:
ironically she walked out on her partner about 6 months ago, and came here, it was at that time i realised that trues friends ask for help, and dont just give it..
sorry...rant over
your so correct
So true, we have a friend(20 years+) and neighbour, his drive backs on to ours, he cuts his hedge on his side not ours, our car gets scratched for the last month with the brambles and stuff growing in it, len asks him nicely to cut or can we cut it, no, he is going to do it, ff 2 weeks, still not done, len tells him politly but to the point , cut your hedge or I will, now the guy looses the plot and says,(among others) you forgot all the favours I done for you.......

a true friend..... I dont think so, pathetic. True friends can be asked favours whenever, whatever and never have them brought up again, we should be gratefull for the nice poeple in our life and kick pitas into touch family or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter