You Can't Win If You Don't Enter!

pasofan

Mouseketeer
I am one of those crazy people, glass half full and all, who enter all sorts of sweepstakes, as long as the prize is Disneyfied:thumbsup2 My DH's outlook is more Grumpy style. I always tell him "I won't win if I don't enter."

Months go by, no wins.

One day, an email for the Insiders Club from a local radio station has a small little line saying they will be giving away a Disney Cruise. The contest is set to start 2 weeks later, such a long wait. The best part is that they will only be qualifying 40 people over a 2 week period. Sooooo, if I can manage to become a qualifier, I would have a 1 in 40 chance to win the cruise!

So, the first day finally arrives and, to qualify, you had to be the 10th caller when they played the cue 3 times each day. Monday, no luck, Tuesday, no luck. Same story all week. I also got my coworker to try to qualify also. Some of my Disney craziness is rubbing off on her.

The 2nd week, and final, week of the contest starts. My coworker qualified on the first cue Monday:cheer2: Now, I was even more determined. The second call cue sounded and I was caller 10:cool1:

Now, the waiting begins. The contest rules state they will draw the winner and contact them on or about June 21. Of course, being the crazy person I am, I come up will all kinds of scenarios--they will make the first call on Friday, just in case the first person doesn't answer and they only have 24 hours to call back, then the next name is drawn. By Monday, they will surely have the winner cause they DID say they would be announcing the winner on Monday. All weekend, no calls. I start listening to the radio bright and early Monday morning, just to make sure I don't miss the announcement ( you know, if they somehow pick someone else as the winner:faint:) The morning show ends at 10 am and still no announcement.

In case you haven't picked up on the pattern yet, me being my Disney crazy self:rolleyes:, decided to call the radio station to see if I missed it. It was time for my break anyway, so I went downstairs to get a water refill, in my DCA insulated cup, of course;) I had my phone on and was pulling up the radio station number when my phone rang. I answered and it was the morning DJ. They were calling to tell me I WON THE CRUISE!!:cheer2::faint:

I could barely talk and it took 3 tries for me to get the promo recording right. He said the promotions director would be calling me later that day with more details and then they would give my info to Disney and I would book directly with them.

I ran upstairs to tell my coworker and supervisor and call my DH. He didn't believe me at first, but he came around.

The rest of the day is kind of a blur:cloud9: But I did not get that promised call. I will restrain myself and give them some time.

It was so hard not to tell my 2 DDs, but I had to come up with a good reveal;) Since the radio had not made the announcement yet, I thought I could record it and play it for the girls later that night! I called the station Tuesday morning to ask when they would be playing my call so I could be prepared to record. During the call, they asked if the promo director had called yet. I informed them she had not.:confused3 He said they would remind her to give me a call that day.

I was able to record the playback successfully, as did my DH. He then proceeded to send the clip to family and friends to announce our wonderful luck.

I waited semi-patiently until 4:30 and I couldn't contain it any longer. I called the office for the radio station to ask if they had any paperwork for me to complete, etc. She tried to ring the promo director but no answer. She let me know she was sending her an email and would call me when she got more info for me.

Tuesday evening, we had the radio playing in the living room while I made dinner. At an opportune time, my DH called us into the living room. He was playing the call recording through the receiver so our DDs thought it was still the radio. When the phone was ringing, I played along and pulled out my cell and acted like I was answering, saying the same things as the recording. My DD10 realized it first, her eyes almost popping out of her head. Near the end of the recording, my DD6 also figured it out and both proceeded to :jumping1::dance3::love1: The rest of the evening was spent discussing all things Disney cruise.

Now we have made it to Wednesday and my feet are finally starting to touch the ground:goodvibes I did get the call from the station today and she said the tax forms were ready and they had already given my info to Disney and they would be contacting me. She then said, the tickets aren't in yet, but I will call you when you can pick them up.:confused3 I asked what tickets she meant and she said the paper she has said I am also getting a pair of tickets to the Toby Keith Oklahoma Benefit concert!party: I am thinking now is the time to buy a lottery ticketpixiedust:

So now the real waiting begins. I sure hope Disney takes pity on me and doesn't wait too long to call.:upsidedow I am ready to get this show on the road:drive:

The specifics as I know them at this moment are as follows: we are getting a 7 night cruise on the Wonder out of Galveston. We have several dates this fall to choose from beginning with the September 28 departure. We are leaning towards the December 14 departure, would love to see the Christmas decorations on board:lovestruc I am not so patient so have already made my ticker for that date.:rolleyes:

I will definitely be hanging out on the Cruise boards a lot, I have tons of research to do:coffee: and less than 6 months to go:scared1: I will update as I get more info and make decisions. This is my first attempt at a pre-trip report, or trip report for that matter, so bear with me.

And now I wait.............
patiently or not:crazy:

Very cool, I want to win a cruise....I think it would have also been cool if the tickets were for airfare to Galveston, but the benefit concert is cool.

I forgot to add that. The prize does include airfare to Houston and ground transportation from the airport to the cruise terminal. I don't know which airport yet, though.

Is it Disney giving the trip away or someone else?

I won the trip from a local radio station. I haven't been lucky enough to win one of Disney's sweepstakes yet.:thumbsup2

Still waiting for Disney to contact me to book the cruise. Getting a little worried, cause the fall dates are filling up with the new reduced rates they released a short time ago. Several of the stateroom categories are completely gone on all the dates available.

Congratulations!! What an awesome prize to win :banana:

Can the promo director at the radio station maybe give you contact info for Disney so you can go ahead and get it all booked? Maybe they have a special contact to talk to?

Tomorrow will be 2 full weeks since I won. My plan is to give Disney another couple of days to contact me, then I will definitely be asking the promotions director for either the number or help, maybe she can contact them.

Tomorrow will be 2 full weeks since I won. My plan is to give Disney another couple of days to contact me, then I will definitely be asking the promotions director for either the number or help, maybe she can contact them.

I wouldn't wait, I would do this tomorrow, since the promotions director probably isn't there on a Sunday. Some dates have a statute of limitations as to how long you have to claim your prize. Not to mention Brest rules, etc.

You wouldn't want to miss out because you waited too long.

I took your advice and contacted the radio station Monday. The promotion director was not in so I had to leave a voicemail. No return call yesterday. Today, however, I received a call from Disney. He took my email address, stating the Disney promotions area that handles prizes communicates via email. The radio station never asked for my email??? I could tell the radio promo director must have contacted them from several of his statements. Michael said he would get my email to the promo team and I would get an email from them later today.

I have already received the email and replied with our preferred dates and traveler info. Now I just have to wait for the reservation confirmation email!

I took your advice and contacted the radio station Monday. The promotion director was not in so I had to leave a voicemail. No return call yesterday. Today, however, I received a call from Disney. He took my email address, stating the Disney promotions area that handles prizes communicates via email. The radio station never asked for my email??? I could tell the radio promo director must have contacted them from several of his statements. Michael said he would get my email to the promo team and I would get an email from them later today.

I have already received the email and replied with our preferred dates and traveler info. Now I just have to wait for the reservation confirmation email!

Yay! That's awesome, I'm so glad they finally got back to you :thumbsup2

Congratulations!! What an awesome start to a pre-trip report! Please give an update when you can!

I finally got my reservation confirmation from Amanda in DCL Marketing! We did get our first choice of dates. Getting the December 14 sail date is even more exciting with the recent announcements about the new holiday experiences!:cool1:

Right now we are in a Category 9A, room 5002. Now for lots of research. In just 4 months and 25 days, I will be :beach:

Congratulations!!!! The only thing better than Disney is free Disney!
I had won a Fantasy Preview Cruise back in 2012. It was so exciting and such an incredible experience! So happy to see someone else getting that experience as well!

Well, I couldn't leave well enough alone. I contacted Disney to see if it was possible to upgrade our stateroom. Since it was a prize, I wasn't sure if it would be allowed. Well, after a little checking, Susan at DCL said we could upgrade! So, for only $336, we went from the 9A to a 5B on deck 7!

Congratulations! Disney Magic any way received is always a welcome and exciting gift. I am subscribed to hear just how it all turns out for you and your family. :worship:

Out of Curiosity what is the Itinerary?

The cruise departs Saturday, December 14 from Galveston. The first port is Key West on Monday. Tuesday will be Castaway Cay and the next day in Nassau, followed by 2 sea days and back to Galveston.

Today, I called and added a Friday night stay at the Hotel Galvez. I was pleasantly surprised that the price through Disney was $25 less than either directly through the hotel website or Expedia, Hotwire, etc.

What a great prize! I would so love to win something like that :)
I have just starting planning our first cruise so I'm checking out all others cruising and planning..... gotta get some tips!

How exciting! I sail on the Fantasy 2 weeks before you sail. Have a blast! Btw-I once won a trip to Ireland through a local radio station, o it's true-you will never win if you never enter!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter