You Do Not Have To Be AP Holder For Disney's Dining Experience Correct???

MickeyEars

DIS Veteran
I have read everything I can find on this but I am the type of person that has to double check everything!!! Is it true that ANYONE can join Disney's Dining Experience for $75 and that the $50 price is for AP holders? We already have our passes and we have already booked our resort with a wonderful email discount code so we do not need AP's but if it is available to everyone I plan on joining Monday morning!!! Please forgive me if this has already been asked and/or posted here on the boards. I just want to know for sure.

Thanks!
Carla

If I am not mistaken, FL Residents and AP holders are the only ones eligible for the DDE. FL Residents $75, AP Holders $50.

Debster is right, only FL residents and AP holders.

I thought I heard there was a change in the last week and they were allowing non-AP holders to get it for $75.

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm

Edit: It has been posted that they are no longer allowing non-AP holders to get the DDE, unless Florida Residents.

You could be right, I was at WDW last week so it may have been changed while I was gone.

Everything I've read says you have to be a Fla resident or an AP holder.

How long are you going for? You could upgrade your pass to an AP and then purchase the DDE card. Just have to do the numbers and see if it makes sense.

BTW, We purchased a DDE card and did a quick calculation and we will probably save more than the difference between a 5-7 day hopper pass and an AP in two trips to WDW.

Everything I've seen refers to Deb's site allearsnet.com and according to that everyone can purchase them now. I did a search here on the boards and I found that several people have indeed purchased them no questions asked. They are even selling them for $50 with no proof of an AP in hand or the purchase of one. Anyone else have any info?

Thanks!
Carla

Thanks ncbyrne, I was hoping I wasn't losing my mind. I tell you when one turns 40 years old they need reassuring!!! I'm calling Monday morning to join.

Thanks again!
Carla

I went to the official site trying to get an official answer. When I put in under DDE membership it took me to the Annual pass order site.

Guess we will need to call and ask directly. The way it read initially was that it was also being opened to AP holders as well as Florida Residents, don't know if this has changed, or if the wording is just confusing.

Wow! Thanks! I have been ignoring all the posts about this since I thought It didn't apply to me! lol Finally a postitive with all this craziness that has been going on since Jan2 ! I am going to keep my BDP room discount I got back in Nov. , buy discounted tickets, and get that card! I love it because unlike the dining plan, I can eat where I want and still save even if I order a glass of wine! Wow! I am excited again! lol :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc That 20% almost covers tip and tax! lol

Yes, anyone can buy the DDE for $75. I called and spoke to Allison and she said yes, it takes 4-6 weeks for delivery and she could email me a confirmation letter and that could be used at the restaurants. I am not a FL resident or AP holder. I stated this as soon as she asked if she could help me.

Thanks for posting that jpmom97!!! I was hoping someone had called and asked them that specifically.

Carla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter