You don't even know who they are, love - A Sept '19 Honeymoon 2.0 Trip!(Completed 1/18)

After a quick walk through Italy, we realized that for the first time, we did not have food or drink with us as we reached America, so we got to go into the American Adventure building! We had just missed the start of the next American Adventure show, but we were just in time to see the Voices of Liberty. They are really phenomenal and talented. They exude joy for their craft and have great voices. We were really impressed. At one point though, they went into this lecture about what a future civilization would be able to tell about America from just looking at one of our pennies. It was really strange because it didn’t tie into the next song. Tory and I were left wondering what the context of that was or who chose to include it in the routine. Still, very glad we saw them and I will be sure to seek them out next time as well!

62HBkQadQYBUL17mlgDB5AHdWBSw7ltJ0g-IP3dAfayGVSvYH5d5VZ0bElxlYAxO-Fysin9ae_Bf44qVd30pfGyvPW9yL781QAzrQZQ1Sam_uujF89i8RaU8UaytuOQnIYrZZLUo

We walked back out into the heat searching for our next snack. The America booth was right in front of us and we opted for the lobster roll and the carrot cake. Neither of these were good. The lobster roll was so disappointing and it stemmed from the lukewarm mayonnaise that was added to the top of it. Why was the mayo not cold? The whole sandwich was fairly bland and needed something else. The carrot cake came with way too much icing and tasted like it had been reheated. We didn’t finish it. Really disappointing booth. We have never had a proper New England lobster roll, so I’m not sure if that is typical.

QkuUqnMxTUmQyfzzndNIKaGuQRp_Wdyyor4KohyCxzrpGxV9PKdF9D8_1MS7gEPamrmyDLv79I4cslvVy8EOMzRxzYbKeSzjeMsSU5Wbpu91fprPg7qAQ_E26m5_3jrIZVc7JprZ

We worked our way back around to Norway for our Frozen Ever After FP. Always a fun ride, but we never look good in the photo even though we know it’s coming. Tory was then able to grab a Spaceship Earth FP for an hour and a half away, which would be our last attraction before heading out.

tPM_VCeFJy6W-YiZK6mr3TO2LKsiwD_w9wOTYnR8RpEClBfVXRCiGoNudnCm2HYJCtp5gjZ-RmoFvz7alhvcCE3Bqrs3r5OgSxWUFNhjCh5XUrzo-J_YLezoECHwRD8fp1HobNeC

Our next F&W treat was the Pavlova from the Australia booth. This was also a disappointment, largely due to temperatures as well. The custard wasn’t cold which was concerning. It needed to be chilled to really work with the baked meringues. I understand that running all these booths in the Florida heat is very difficult, but they might need to reconsider what refrigeration units they use or what gets kept in them until ready to serve.

QcFgjq4Kyo9Pq0qCwW6bJhsJtSVdj_o9BWZ35ypig_O0aSlLU-XH_g04l1UoTQNoVnTnXBOl1bP_T6csD5oGlVekx5TRrxcYKjcL1EiR0-MLmnuuNh__HYRzA7g1kvRpwLZBDFB0

We wandered through Canada and the UK before crossing over into France. The acrobat/mime show was just beginning and we found a good spot right up front. Tory actually got chosen to sit in one of the chairs by the chef before the waiter stacked it and climbed on top of it. We’ve seen bits and pieces of it passing through France before, but it was fun to see the whole thing and the conversations that happen without words between the chef and the waiter. Tory got worried when they took her chair that it would have sweat on it and the acrobat would slip! He thankfully did not and successfully completed the act.

vX-DkN4hLpCGj5QyySKs0ud5v8yy7aOOR5TIkHYoq3lFjrYFWc-zbD7_4a-8L7k4kWI2vNjfGCsiUJR-uLb-cTnxakpxMfu9RKNsGEgZedJOOHcjTYAkdeXBY-ofyNxTcp8o-EzX
vy78hsVTNdUDtHxCnYPZAGjyQJs_-YGuWRGXeuJ0waacA7HD884M-XhmKciF5A-0Nx9OB6iqToJEjDZQVd0zwjGy_0Xig8DdymxRB4bN4NYdu288xSYf1ahDsRCEfZoSVT2nsNX6

Our last F&W purchase was from the Belgium booth. We got the belgian waffle with the berry compote. I don’t know what we were expecting here. This was literally just a generic waffle with some syrupy berries on top. Not that it was bad, it was just not exciting at all. The last three items we visited at F&W were disappointing and left a poor taste in our mouth about the whole event. Not every dish can be a winner and that’s part of the fun of these events. We just happened to pick a couple of bad ones in a row. There were still many booths we didn’t get to, though! It’s amazing how huge of an event it is! I’d gladly come back during F&W, just maybe not on a Saturday.

wSR3T0gWlkYYcW4b9eN7ggH6LeYGGhxTPaIw0A2dEuF6NCNBj6WRu0A-cnMN_M6vUgYCC97xVVo7DXM0MuHJGgu4Wsr6lp0VX2t8M8bNYc73kbCA35_IDx9DrKFN54hZxHk85eJ7

We headed back to the front of World Showcase and went into the shop to grab our AP goodies. We did it! We made it to EPCOT 4 times in a seven day trip and we were rewarded with Chef Minnie Coasters and magnets! They are a really cute touch and a great souvenir for us to take home to remember that we were bi-coastal APs for a year (haha).

With our goodies in hand, we headed back to the front of the park to use our Spaceship Earth FP. I can’t think of a better way to end the trip. A positive message about where humanity has come from and how we have a bright future ahead of us! Perfect note to really put things in perspective when heading back out into the real world.

We grabbed a bus back to Coronado one last time. We had three and a half hours until our flight, so Tory convinced me that we had enough time for one more drink. So we took the stairs back down to the lower level of the Gran Destino Lobby to have a farewell cocktail at the Barcelona Lounge. I enjoyed the couple of sips of Tory’s G&T that I had yesterday that I decided to have one of my own. It was really well made! We soaked in the lobby while sipping our drinks. Having some gin in us made it easier to deal with leaving the Disney bubble and dealing with airports and other travelers.

cQUqdp4PvMVXroVCLFLem4flaH_3vDB9IjtQXQ3mTLbmQuU4S6dWKlzm69U7JeP8SNP_hgaud4wSDM3ugn9iTuiG3nkmAZFL44_MhDTLW_4zlD0Dnq8tn2mr_r3Hgfqd4VI_rkMq

Cqp91-mp3mCfZXKfs1KVt62HRMAoOSEsX3hiGyI9-cdyAlvBbtdv0_kUzPy5SMnBig_Yw83SLR-tJcOGU7x1d9VSJMIkv6FMIuijgmLcyO0Gdzhro5ZhSJdelHyzcOiUrYK21jVf

We grabbed our luggage from Bell Services, called a Lyft, and said goodbye to vacation! We had a very chatty Lyft driver who had never been to California and had so many questions about traffic, celebrities, and life in Los Angeles. He made the drive go by very quickly!

We checked in our bag with no problem at the terminal (so I have no idea what was going on at remote check in) and security at MCO wasn’t too bad. It seemed like a lot of Delta flights were delayed that afternoon/evening, so the terminal was really packed. So much so that our best food option that didn’t have a wait or a giant line was Starbucks, and even that took close to 20 minutes. We sat down with our sandwiches and waited for our flight.

z4fdSWwOMWNiB7ygt2I6eqTXxx5yRic21tGfZAvDXPrcPJkWiaOClF9qo7tB47CrOQoo7tSO21szD4CnaCldjL9t2AcpVW6xR74PXwTug3huLAa0g39Dhg9Q-DDgHG89NgvA2E4C
K-53ygJnxZACa8VqmZM_TX9buf2cyjie2zMD2ycqNf6WnPuzmLAMUb41T4744Cl49R5dYNqvzokSKm4FWMCBiVFPSUMmmbGVtYehrGU2F-MstL8wUn_d_8iTxTcW-sTX1xxgH8Wl

We boarded on time and were on the ground in LA before 10 PM PST.

Overall, this was an amazing return trip! It’s really incredible how large Disney World is and how much there is to experience. I would have thought we would have seen it all on our honeymoon, but we experienced so much new stuff the second time around! We don’t have another trip on the books just yet. Although, we are kicking around the idea of a long weekend trip in November for my 30th birthday (eek!) If and when that happens, I’ll be sure to share with you all! Thanks so much for following along! Hope you all enjoyed!

I so loved reading this report!! Thank you for taking the time to write it out so thoughtfully (and fun pictures to boot!). Looking forward to any and all future reports :goodvibes

Had so much fun catching up on your report. I do hope you're able to come back in November. I think we'd be fast friends as Flying Fish, Jiko, Nomad Lounge and Illuminations (RIP) are all amongst my favorites of favorites. I had NO IDEA the Sanaa bread service board was for sale!! Must have!! Thanks for sharing another fun trip with us. Looking forward to your next visit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter