"You Go, Girl!" August Exercise Challenge

No knew minutes for me this weekend, but yesterday was my birthday so. . . But go team! We're really rocking it!

:cake: Happy Belated Birthday!! :cake:

I have no new minutes today either, but scdak has reached "Practice Pink"!! :rainbow:

For Day 28, we have Vanellope von Schweetz, from Wreck-It Ralph ~

th

Vanellope is voiced by Sarah Silverman:
MV5BMTM2NzI3NTU5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODkxODAwNA@@._V1_UY317_CR10,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Some Wreck-It Ralph trivia from IMDb:

Unlike most animated films, the principal actors regularly recorded audio sessions together in the same room, a situation which led to a lot of improvising.

It was released 75 years to the day after the first ever Walt Disney animation film.

The train station of Nice Land shows that the population is 224x256, the common resolution of an 8-Bit game.

The high score of Wreck-It-Ralph's game cabinet is 120501, which is a nod to Walt Disney's birthday (12/05/01).

King Candy's voice and character design is modeled after Ed Wynn, a popular comedian and voice artist, best known in Walt Disney films as the voice of the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland (1951) and Uncle Albert in Mary Poppins (1964).

HIDDEN MICKEY: Several green mints in Sugar Rush form two hidden Mickeys.

There are also many references to real video games and other films, including:

At Fix-It Felix Jr's party, Ralph is enraged by Gene and smashes the cake. The cake splatter around the room and on Ralph resembles the shape of an alien in Space Invaders (1978), an iconic early arcade game.

In the beginning of the movie when Ralph first enters Felix's apartment there is a waterfall sculpture in the apartment on the left side of the screen. The speed, size, and pattern of the waterfall is almost identical to the waterfall featured on the start screen of the classic NES game The Legend of Zelda (1986).

Outside of King Candy's castle, Oreo Cookie soldiers are shown marching outside and chanting "Or-e-o, Or-eee-o!" This is a parody of a scene from The Wizard of Oz (1939), in which the Winkie Guards are marching outside of the Witch's castle.

When Wreck It Ralph is hiding in the chocolate pond from the Devil Dogs, the sound you hear is Darth Vader's famous breathing sound, sped up.

The graffiti in Game Central Station contains many inside jokes and references to famous video games.

:cheer2: Only 291 minutes to team pink!!!! :cheer2:

We've survived Monday!

I only have 10 minutes of my own to add, for 525/620, but team totals are at 73% - almost to pink!!

We're at "W" in our list, with Wendy Darling, from Peter Pan (1953):

th

"Wendy, the eldest, not only believed. She was the supreme authority on Peter Pan and all his marvelous adventures." ―The narrator introducing Wendy

Kathryn Beaumont, who provided the voice for Wendy, also performed the live action references. In an interview, she said she had to hold out her arms and pretend to fly for all the scenes requiring it.

The melody for "The Second Star to the Right" was originally written for Alice in Wonderland (1951) for a song that was to be called "Beyond the Laughing Sky".

One of the early concepts of the film involved it being narrated from Nana's point of view.

Good Morning, everyone!

Reporting a 40-min walk for myself (565/620) and we have two individual :rainbow: color changes:

Grand Admiral Strife
PollyannaMom

plus Team Pink!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Team totals stand at 8,111 or 77%.

We have our only skipped letter (I couldn't find an X character) so we're on to Yzma from The Emperor's New Groove:

VW_Yzma_by_DarkAngelX.jpg

"It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, I tell you! Genius, I say!"

Yzma is the main antagonist of the Emperor's New Groove franchise. She is Kuzco's former advisor and Kronk's former boss.

She was voiced by Eartha Kitt in the films, TV show, and video games until her death on December 25, 2008 and Grey DeLisle as a teenager. She is now voiced by Candi Milo.

Because of the allusion in the title, the movie is often wrongly described as a version of "The Emperor's New Clothes" by Hans Christian Andersen. While some character traits of the main character are similar to the title character in Andersen's story, there are no further connections. Instead, the story shares much more similarities with the fairy tale "Kalif Storch" (Caliph Stork) by Wilhelm Hauff.

HIDDEN MICKEY: One is in the bushes when Kuzco gets pulled from the water, another is Yzma's head and earrings (upside down), and one is seen in the plates of food Kuzco is served in the beginning.

When Kronk and Yzma go to their secret lab, they pass several animal-shaped gates. The first one is a cat and the sound of a cat meowing is heard; ironically, Yzma is turned into a cat by the end of the film. This is a respectful nod to Eartha Kitt's famous role as Catwoman in the televised Batman (1966) series.

(IMDb)

Two days left, folks. - Grab the chance for some final exercise mintues!

Happy last day of August!!

15 minutes yesterday for me (580/620).

:rainbow: 2manypets has reached "Goal Green"!!!

And the team is at 83%!! :cheer2::cheer2:

For or Z girl, we have Zira:
500px-Scheming_Zira.png

Zira is the main antagonist of The Lion King II: Simba's Pride. She is the leader of the Outsiders, and the mother of Kovu, Nuka, and Vitani. She seeks to avenge the death of Scar.

Zira was voiced by Suzanne Pleshette, but Bette Midler and Helen Mirren were also considered for the role.

Just as the first Lion King movie is said to be based upon "Hamlet", the sequel has elements of another famous Shakespeare play - "Romeo and Juliet".

The lions' roars are actually not lion roars at all. Tiger roars were used for the effect, because real lions' roars aren't as powerful.

There's an extended scene of Zira's Death which is nearly the exact same as the original, except after Kiara offers her help. Zira looks back down at the river, then back at Kiara's saying "No..." Kiara gasps and Zira evily grins and finishes with "Never!" she throws herself off the rock and drowns in the river. Disney removed this scene saying it was "Too morbid for a Disney film."

.......................................................(IMDb and http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/Zira)

And here is Zira singing to Kovu:

I'll be back in a day or two to collect the last entries and work up the final totals. Thanks for all the hard work, everyone!!

50 minutes from yesterday. Hoping to get a few minutes in today, but Harvey has arrived here so I won't be doing anything outdoors.

1755/1400

Thanks for being a great host and providing us with fun Disney info all month!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!