You know it's the End of Days when ... (another resale prices post)

I noticed that about their email as well. I find it strange that they mail out about 8 contracts with super low prices, and then other ones on their site are not quite as low. It makes me wonder what sort of seller goes with them. Are they thinking "Hey, other people are selling for $140, why not list for $115? That sounds like a good idea"? Especially considering that I have read that this company does not close on their contracts especially quickly, so it is not like the people posting low selling prices are being guaranteed of getting their money especially quickly.

Having used this company twice I can say that each time took 4-6 months! One was a foreign buyer which was the longer one but it took 7 to get my points. The shorter one should have been no problem but still took forever and way beyond the contract date. The problem is not with the company, they get things going lickety split are friendly and forthcoming. The problem begins then they send it to title.

For the first deal it was Hawaii and having a brother who lives there and tells tales, I assumed it would be Hawaiian time + foreign seller but even then they didn’t not file the correct paperwork with Disney and my points took another 6 weeks. Before that, I had to call only to find out that my contact had recorded the week before!

The second deal, title drug their feet with everything. The seller was not quick to sign anything and I wondered if he was changing his mind as prices were going up. No, title just didn’t send either of us all the papers and I only found out by again, calling. When I contacted the company, the sales person got on it but I think they assume that title is doing the job they’re paid for. There is a sales assistant who should probably keep a better eye on title to avoid a bad taste but the prices and the initial service, can’t be beat.

Either that or it was a typo for $150 :scared:

But yeah, I gotta figure those went immediately. THere's hope for us...

BTW, back in August, on the first day of our stay at BCV, he wanted to sell our BLT points and buy BCV. I did like it there, and the pool was very fun.

Can you use the pool if you don't own there and/or aren't staying there? I was just wondering this tonight because we are finally braving the warm weather next year.

Can you use the pool if you don't own there and/or aren't staying there? I was just wondering this tonight because we are finally braving the warm weather next year.
Nope. No pool hopping there or at Poly (and others, I know, but can't be bothered to remember them all now). It's a big pool and DH and I basically had to split up and each take one kid, so it's a lot of work with younger kids who aren't strong swimmers. (or toddlers). We were able to rent points in late August for a short stay at 10 months out. I have to say, I like the GF pools as much because the kids' splash area is great and manageable, and the pool next to it is zero entry so it's doable with little kids too. And the food is convenient and decent.

Just saw 2 100 pt BLT contracts get listed for 155/pt. They include some/most 2016 points banked into 2017, but I think this is the highest price pp BLT listing (that wasn't 25 or 50 pt) I've ever seen.

On the other hand the high price listings seem to be sitting, contracts were off the market in hours or days a couple months ago, now there's a couple now that have been listed for almost a month. Maybe things are cooling off a bit right now.

Just saw 2 100 pt BLT contracts get listed for 155/pt. They include some/most 2016 points banked into 2017, but I think this is the highest price pp BLT listing (that wasn't 25 or 50 pt) I've ever seen.

On the other hand the high price listings seem to be sitting, contracts were off the market in hours or days a couple months ago, now there's a couple now that have been listed for almost a month. Maybe things are cooling off a bit right now.

Now I'm regretting not buying a slightly larger contract back in March...

I noticed that about their email as well. I find it strange that they mail out about 8 contracts with super low prices, and then other ones on their site are not quite as low. It makes me wonder what sort of seller goes with them. Are they thinking "Hey, other people are selling for $140, why not list for $115? That sounds like a good idea"? Especially considering that I have read that this company does not close on their contracts especially quickly, so it is not like the people posting low selling prices are being guaranteed of getting their money especially quickly.

I was told by that broker that many of their low point contracts are distress sales, where the seller is about to be foreclosed on by Disney. My recent BLT purchase was one of those. The seller couldn't bank the 2016 points because she had not paid her maintenance fees or mortgage for more than 4 months. She needed a quick agreement of sale to prevent the foreclosure. The foreclosure would have seriously damaged her personal credit rating, hence the urgency in selling immediately and getting Disney to either take it in ROFR (thereby immediately relieving her of the foreclosure risk) or waive it (and thus put a hold on the foreclosure clock). ROFR took 10 days. From offer to close was 42 days.

I was told by that broker that many of their low point contracts are distress sales, where the seller is about to be foreclosed on by Disney. My recent BLT purchase was one of those. The seller couldn't bank the 2016 points because she had not paid her maintenance fees or mortgage for more than 4 months. She needed a quick agreement of sale to prevent the foreclosure. The foreclosure would have seriously damaged her personal credit rating, hence the urgency in selling immediately and getting Disney to either take it in ROFR (thereby immediately relieving her of the foreclosure risk) or waive it (and thus put a hold on the foreclosure clock). ROFR took 10 days. From offer to close was 42 days.

I believe that. I think I remember reading that if you go to Disney and tell them that you can no longer afford to pay, they direct you to that broker as a way to quickly dump your contract. I cannot put myself in those sellers' shoes, but it still seems strange that they go a full 20% below normal prices when it is a seller's markets. If I were in that position, I would start at 10% below, and then lower it in a day or two as needed. Unless, of course, you are hoping to get ROFR'd. In that case, the lowest price possible makes total sense, but is worthless to even look at as a buyer.

I believe that. I think I remember reading that if you go to Disney and tell them that you can no longer afford to pay, they direct you to that broker as a way to quickly dump your contract. I cannot put myself in those sellers' shoes, but it still seems strange that they go a full 20% below normal prices when it is a seller's markets. If I were in that position, I would start at 10% below, and then lower it in a day or two as needed. Unless, of course, you are hoping to get ROFR'd. In that case, the lowest price possible makes total sense, but is worthless to even look at as a buyer.

Today's email from that broker included a $99/point 100 point BLT contract. I expect that one was likely gone seconds after the email went out, but will likely get taken in ROFR.

I'm real curious to see the upcoming ROFR activity. I kind of wonder how long waitlists are going to get if they have nothing worth taking back.

Today's email from that broker included a $99/point 100 point BLT contract. I expect that one was likely gone seconds after the email went out, but will likely get taken in ROFR.

Think that was a mistake. Not BLT, BRV.

They sent a corrected email.

Think that was a mistake. Not BLT, BRV.

They sent a corrected email.
I thought that was too good to be true! (And with a picture of WL with it).

There was also a 50pt contract for $120 which seems a *little* more realistic, though.

I would expect another corrected email soon - they also have a "wilderness lodge" contract at $84 pp but the picture is their SSR pic. Must have been a formatting issue.

I thought that was too good to be true! (And with a picture of WL with it).

There was also a 50pt contract for $120 which seems a *little* more realistic, though.

Yes $120 seems like a great price, actually. I'm glad it is a Dec UY so I don't want it. I really need to unsubscribe from all these emails. I'm beginning to think I have a problem. I see "BLT with an Oct UY @ $99" and I suddenly want 100 points at BLT! Lol

Yes $120 seems like a great price, actually. I'm glad it is a Dec UY so I don't want it. I really need to unsubscribe from all these emails. I'm beginning to think I have a problem. I see "BLT with an Oct UY @ $99" and I suddenly want 100 points at BLT! Lol
Me too! I didn't even notice the UY (which is not even mine)! LOL.

Me too! I didn't even notice the UY (which is not even mine)! LOL.

From what I've been told, the MF's bill is very sobering when adding on. We went from 200 points to 560 this year, and trust me, that bill will strike it home!

Yeah I was interested in one of the listings from that email just not sure how responsive they are. I know I haven't heard back from anyone since I put in the offer submission so I guess it may be better to just call if I see something next time.

Yeah I was interested in one of the listings from that email just not sure how responsive they are. I know I haven't heard back from anyone since I put in the offer submission so I guess it may be better to just call if I see something next time.

In general with them, you have to call. Responding via the link or an email isn't the best way to get in touch with them, or so I've been told.

In general with them, you have to call. Responding via the link or an email isn't the best way to get in touch with them, or so I've been told.

Agree ....I have always called the minute I see one we want....though after I see next year's maintenance fees on our
portfolio of dvc points, we may be on a resale buy diet!:rotfl2:

That BCV 200 pt contract for $120 hasn’t been moving either ... (feeling hopeful)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter