You know what?

roymccoy

Efficient Oxygen Exchanger<br><font color="#0080c0
I just had a "revelation"...maybe us old-time Disney folk are getting a little burned out.
I was just reading thru the rumors and the boards, I was getting all pissed-off (as usual)
about "How much Eisner makes" and "Why can't they build good ones like they used to" and
look out for the "evil ole' IOA" and "What's wrong with Disney" etc. and just then my little 3 year-old
daughter came in and asked if she could have a coon-skinned cap next time we go to Disneyland.
It will be her first coon-skin cap. She's so excited she could spit. I remember my first coon skinned cap
and I too, could have spit. She also LOVES California Adventure and can't wait for the "Pooh Ride" to
take the place of "those stupid bears." in Critter Country. Maybe we should consider that we just want things the way we were
when we were kids. We don't like change and we don't want to let go of a certain part of our pasts... our
childhoods. I'm not saying that we can't still enjoy Disney, I'm just saying that maybe change is good. I think if
we got a chance to go back and ride alot of the rides that we can't BELIEVE they had the nerve to replace with
a "hot new ride", we just might proclaim "How lame."

I don't know...It just hit me that to someone who is new to Disney (or the world for that matter!) there just MAY be some magic
left in the old Disney franchise. Maybe us, as longtime Disney nuts, aren't the best ones to chose which rides
should stay and which should go. Hey, if I had my way, we'd all be riding a tram from the Mickey parking lot, eat at the Tahitian Terrace, ride Monsanto's Inner Space and take a spin on the Carosel of Progress to see the hot
new "Microwave Oven"...

Just my two cents...

Roy :-)

While I agree in principle that we are not the most important ones, the kids are, I think that the mere faact that we care so mch RIGHT NOW says a lot about What Disney was even 10 years ago compared to today. I think there is a lot to worry about today regardless of which rides get put in. And as much as it galls me to do so, JeffJewel's remark 8 or so month's ago that a shopping cart with pooh on it going down an escelator would sell to kidshas truth to it.

I think there are two type of disney "Bashers" here. Those that yearn for the quality that is missing and those that yearn for the rides that are missing. I suppose they could be one and the same, but they aren't really. Eisner gets bashed here, because some accuse him of destroying Walt's legacy by not holding to Walt's ideals. I posit that if Eisner Were to walk 100% in Walt's shoes, nobody here would care if he made obscene amounts of money.

Of course, we'd all be debating what it meant to walk in Walt's footsteps. Not being Walt, my opinion is effected, because I walk in YoHo's footprints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter