"You now have a confirmed wake up call...

d-r

<font color=red>l|ll|||ll||ll||<font color=purple>
touch one to confirm....."

What is up with that anyway?

I just call the front desk and ask for a wake up call.

Yeah, I noticed that, too, and thought that was RATHER ODD! Okay, if its confirmed then why do I have to press a button to confirm?:scratchin

I just don't bother to do wake up calls. My cellphone has an alarm.

There's also trying to retrieve and delete messages from the in-room phone system. Touch 7 to delete. Are you sure you want to delete? Press one if you are sure. You do realize this means the message will be deleted. and the 47 different steps you must use to retrieve a message the first time, just to find out it's from the front desk welcoming you to the resort.

But does your cell phone have Stitch and Mickey make the call??

No, but I don't really care if it's Stitch and Mickey or the phone alarm, I still want to throw it across the room because it woke me up.

Now I have the urge to find the wake-up call online so that I can make an iPhone ring tone of it to use that as my Disney alarm. :)

But does your cell phone have Stitch and Mickey make the call?? ;)

Mine Does. Haven't use a "real" alarm clock for years. :goodvibes

"GOOD MORNING! NO SLEEPING!" - Stitch
"Ha Ha, Sorry Folks, but ever Since Stitch escaped into the Magic Kingdom..." - Mickey

-----

As for the confirmation prompt for the wake-up call, I've experimented by just hanging up when it gives me the option and it still works fine. All of Disney's phone services require too much button mashing - I think it's time they revisited all their phone systems. Then again, I'm just happy they don't transfer me to India when I need to talk to someone.

No, but I don't really care if it's Stitch and Mickey or the phone alarm, I still want to throw it across the room because it woke me up.
Which is a great argument for using the DVC wakeup call instead of your phone!;)

touch one to confirm....."

What is up with that anyway?

Hey, I don't mind it as long as it gets them to wish me "Magical Dreams." Regarding the person who said they just call the front desk for a wake up call, I did a split stay OKW/AKV recently and I noticed that at OKW, I had to call the front desk, but at AKV there was the recorded message, complete with confirming the confirmed wake up call, but also wishing me "magical dreams". So maybe some resorts have it and some don't.

SSR I needed to call the front desk.

I loved that Mickey and Minnie called to wish me a happy anniversary!!! 25 and counting. DH even got a kick out of it.

I loved that Mickey and Minnie called to wish me a happy anniversary!!! 25 and counting. DH even got a kick out of it.

Yes, I thought that was so cute. And there was some sort of glitch in the system or something, so we got the call 3 times! I loved it when they sang.

Hey, I don't mind it as long as it gets them to wish me "Magical Dreams." Regarding the person who said they just call the front desk for a wake up call, I did a split stay OKW/AKV recently and I noticed that at OKW, I had to call the front desk, but at AKV there was the recorded message, complete with confirming the confirmed wake up call, but also wishing me "magical dreams". So maybe some resorts have it and some don't.

You have to call the front desk at SSR too. BWV, BCV, and BLT wish me "magical dreams." That's my favorite part! :goodvibes

SSR I needed to call the front desk.

We got that in March at the VWL too, and loved it. I played it back several times and recorded it on my phone. :thumbsup2

I think the redundancy is to minimize the possibility that you put the wrong time in, or PM instead of AM, etc., and miss your ADR or worse, your flight. They give you an extra chance to realize the "error of your ways". Just a thought.
Sam

I think it is for DISNEY to comfirm YOU RECEIVED the wake up call. Someone obviously WOKE UP to press one!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter