You win some you booze some, a HOT August 2017 dining report! complete 1/25*

took a picture of these:
S'mores Donut Holes
They do look yummy!

The sandwich on the other hand, nope. Nothing gourmet about it. It was cheese with tomato and arugula, grilled. Kinda grilled. The bread was good. But what I really did not like at all was the onion jam, which prior to eating the sandwich sounded good to me since I like onion. It had a weird consistency and was too sweet.
Aw man...so sorry to read this as I too heard it was good and thought about trying it in June.

Grilled Chicken on Roasted Garlic Focaccia: Roasted Peppers, fresh Mozzarella, and Oven-dried Tomato Pesto:
This one sounds good too, so I’ll pribably just go with it.

He ate his barrels and *****ed while doing so, so I won't scare you with a picture of the offending fingers.
It must be late bc I can’t figure out what got censored here...lol.

Before I go, here's a brief update on Ricky.
I know this was a long time ago but I hope things are going well for Ricky now and he’s speeding right along in his recovery.

Wow, over 10 days since my last update! Where has the time gone? Oh yeah, Christmas.....hope everyone's was Merry! We had a very different Xmas Eve. Normally my sister is here with her boys and we do Xmas Eve with them and my mom. Since she couldn't come up, the 4 of us went to see "Jumanji", then out to a Mexican restaurant, and then went to see a big light display about 20 minutes from our house. Nice, just quiet and different. Christmas day was the same with everyone coming here minus my sister and nephews. The days since have been filled with running back and forth to Ricky's P/T appts. and basketball games and practices, returning crap to the mall, and not cleaning up from Monday :o. I'm also trying to make some plans for NYE with friends of ours because there's nothing like waiting till the last minute! Speaking of NYE, I think my resolution will be to finish this and my TR before my Feb. trip! With that, I move on to our second to last August park day.
Much to the boys' dismay our final two days were going to be EMH/RD days to get the most out of our time, beginning with EMH at MK! I must say, I like MK EMH and will be suggesting this to all clients going forward. You can get SO much done in that hour! For us it meant 7DMT, PP, and the always RD-able IASW. I was looking forward to a breakfast reservation I'd been able to snag the day before which would be a first for the boys

IMG_7120.JPG

Of course this wouldn't be there first time eating here by any means and Steve and I had breakfast here once before, but it was the one meal the boys hadn't done here yet. We checked in and walked by our metalhead buddies:

IMG_7122.JPG

IMG_7124.JPG

and attempted to sit in my favorite room, the West Wing. Unfortunately it was full so we settled for my second favorite room, the music box room. I know many love the ballroom and I agree the snow falling is beautiful and at Christmas the decorations are magical, but I feel like it's very cafeteria-like which I know you've all heard before.
Soon our pastry tray came:

IMG_7125.JPG

I enjoyed these the first time we ate here and this time I enjoyed the cinnamon roll again as well as the blueberry muffin. Steve liked the chocolate pastry and the boys didn't try any.

I know I had soda to drink and Steve had coffee; can't remember what the boys had. Unfortunately my pictures came out blurry but I'll give it a whirl anyway!
Both boys got the kids French Toast: Brioche Bread served with Fresh Fruit:

IMG_7126.JPG

This was weird since neither of them normally eat french toast, but they both really liked it! Chris also loves cantaloupe so he ate his and Ricky's.

I got the Croque Madame: Open-faced Ham Sandwich topped with a Fried Egg, Gruyere Cheese, and Bechamel served with Fresh Fruit:

IMG_7127.JPG
This wasn't exactly what I expected. I didn't expect it to be as soggy as it was so that was part of it. I loved the bechamel and the bread was delicious but, just soggy. And the ham wasn't that great. Also the egg tasted kind of plastic. So I ended up just eating the cheese and bread for the most part. I wouldn't get this again.
Steve ordered the Open-Faced Bacon and Egg Sandwich: Poached Eggs, Applewood Bacon, Brie Cheese, and Arugula on a Croissant served with Fresh Fruit:

IMG_7128.JPG
Ugh, this is by far the worst picture! I don't know why he ordered this since he's not a big egg lover and well done scrambled is pretty much all he does besides well done omelettes, but he ordered it and thought it was really good. He said the croissant was fresh and he felt the arugula was very important to the sandwich :confused3 As someone who can't stand arugula I don't understand that, but I consider it a success when everyone likes their food even if I don't!

So overall the meal was good and I'm glad I booked it for the boys to try and for me to do once more. I think the prices are ridiculous and I do not think the portions are big. I don't think they're too small either, but the question pops up occasionally on the Boards as to whether the entrees are a shareable size, and I think not. Of course we all love our food and aren't a food sharing family so that could be part of it. When Steve and I had our Gaston's cinnamon rolls in Nov. he did comment that these would have been fine "instead of BOG breakfast in August" (thanks for acknowledging my ADR efforts, dude!) but I do agree, I think from now on we'll stick with that or the Nutella waffles for breakfast.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Attachments

• IMG_7129.JPG
    IMG_7129.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7132.JPG
    IMG_7132.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 14
CONTINUED FROM LAST POST

I forgot to post this picture of Steve's coffee cup at BOG:

IMG_7129.JPG

Really hoping they're still putting Walt's quotes on cups when I'm there in just over a month!

With breakfast behind us we spent some more time in the park. We got to meet up with @KathyM2 and Alexis again, this time on purpose in Tomorrowland!

IMG_7132.JPG

Pretty sure Chris refused to get in the picture lol. We got to ride CoP together and spent some time just chatting which was nice since our first meeting on the bus was short. After we parted ways we still had a FP to use and more things to see before taking one of our now enjoyable afternoon breaks. As we were closing in on Main St. the boys said they were hungry so we popped into Casey's for some dogs and fries:

Something you've all seen before, Casey's famous corn dog nuggets o' love!

IMG_7157.JPG

And Ricky's choice:

IMG_7156.JPG

I couldn't even fit the whole wiener in the picture :rotfl2: I think he took about 5 bites before he was full and between all of us there was still almost a whole order of fries left, but not because they aren't good. We left the park around 1 but we would be back this evening for some deja vu!

img_7126-jpg.290963

This was weird since neither of them normally eat french toast, but they both really liked it! Chris also loves cantaloupe so he ate his and Ricky's.
That is the saddest "fruit" cup... I mean really!?!

Ugh, this is by far the worst picture! I don't know why he ordered this since he's not a big egg lover and well done scrambled is pretty much all he does besides well done omelettes, but he ordered it and thought it was really good. He said the croissant was fresh and he felt the arugula was very important to the sandwich :confused3 As someone who can't stand arugula I don't understand that, but I consider it a success when everyone likes their food even if I don't!
They used to serve it on a loaf style bread... It was kind of tough, the croissant is probable easier to eat but not as filling...

I think from now on we'll stick with that or the Nutella waffles for breakfast.
YES!!!! The BEST!!!! For sure. That, or I am always up for a dole whip for breakfast.

I think I could live without BOG breakfast again. The price is just highway robbery unless you share. Really with the pastries I think you *could* share but I don't have that kind of self-restraint! I want my own breakfast dang it! Haha.

I love your top in the dismeet photo. Are those Park icons?

Now I suddenly want a chili cheese dog at 10:40 pm, thanks a lot Casey's! Yummy yummy!!!

BOG breakfast for us is all about PPO!! I have the smallest appetite, so we go and get 1 entre for DH to eat-while I drink coffee, eat his fruit and snack on the pastries (he only does muffins)! So for us we get value, but I can appreciate a normal family finding it crazy expensice.

we settled for my second favorite room, the music box room. I know many love the ballroom and I agree the snow falling is beautiful and at Christmas the decorations are magical, but I feel like it's very cafeteria-like which I know you've all heard before.
I agree with you that the ballroom feels cafeteria-like. It is noisy and very busy. And being from the Midwest, the snow falling in the windows is nothing unusual to see. ;) We usually head to the music box room because it is relaxing in there. The west wing is too dark for us. I like to ee what I'm eating. ;)

I wish they served scrambled eggs. It would make the breakfast a little more appealing.

I don't understand they have to put arugula on everything. I can take it or leave it.

I have an 8 am ADR for BOG in April and I can't decide if I want to keep it or not, and your review didn't help :rotfl: The MK opens at 9 that day so we'd get in an hour early, but two days later we have and EMM reservation, so I think we might skip this one….or we're going to keep it…argh! I guess I'll have to run it by DD who is really the only one who helps me make dining/fp decisions :P

Wow, over 10 days since my last update! Where has the time gone? Oh yeah, Christmas.....hope everyone's was Merry!
Merry Christmas!!!! Sounds like you had a busy week. Pretty much the same here, but I had the week off which was nice. Hoping I can get my report updated today or tomorrow.

img_7125-jpg.290962

I enjoyed these the first time we ate here and this time I enjoyed the cinnamon roll again as well as the blueberry muffin. Steve liked the chocolate pastry and the boys didn't try any.
I always find it ridiculous that they don't change the number of pastries depending on how many people you have.

img_7127-jpg.290964

This wasn't exactly what I expected. I didn't expect it to be as soggy as it was so that was part of it. I loved the bechamel and the bread was delicious but, just soggy. And the ham wasn't that great. Also the egg tasted kind of plastic. So I ended up just eating the cheese and bread for the most part. I wouldn't get this again.
Sorry this was a bust. Gotta say it certainly doesn't look great. I'm a huge eggs benedict fan, but this twist just doesn't sound good.

img_7128-jpg.290965

Now speaking of good, this would be right up my alley. Glad to see Steve branched out and tried it. Speaking of branching out you gotta come to the arugula dark side. Casey even just eats it plain with some oil and salt. I even just ordered some this morning so we can have them on meatball slides for NYE. So good!

img_7132-jpg.290972

Pretty sure Chris refused to get in the picture lol. We got to ride CoP together and spent some time just chatting which was nice since our first meeting on the bus was short. After we parted ways we still had a FP to use and more things to see before taking one of our now enjoyable afternoon breaks. As we were closing in on Main St. the boys said they were hungry so we popped into Casey's for some dogs and fries:
Great you all got to meet again. Love you top. Is that a Haunted Mansion print?

Something you've all seen before, Casey's famous corn dog nuggets o' love!

img_7157-jpg.290974
Yum!!!! We haven't eaten this in years (and oddly have never taken Casey to Casey's) but I remember how good they are!

img_7156-jpg.290973

I couldn't even fit the whole wiener in the picture :rotfl2:
That's what she said :-)

Hi Arianne! I am finally checking in after months of being a bad Dis'er! I blame a kindergarten class of 29 and 3 busy teeenagers at home....lol! Loving all your updates...they are making me homesick for Disney. :) Hope Ricky is continuing to heal well after his surgery.

Pulled Pork Nachos:
Polynesian Chips topped with Pork, Cheese, Pineapple Salsa, and spicy Mayonnaise
Putting these on the list for next August!

Steve thought the beer was really good and the cider is now a new WS fave for me! It was nice and bubbly with a light pear taste and unlike many other ciders, NOT overly sweet.
I love the Magner's Pear....it is a staple for me.

oday started out with breakfast at the Pepper Market. I couldn't resist getting some Mickey waffles and bacon:
Mickey waffles always make a great breakfast!

Here we have the South African Chocolate Ganache, Guava Mousse with a Graham Cracker bottom and a layer of Raspberry Jam, and Lime Cheesecake. This is proof there is some type of higher power above us because while I didn't fall completely in love with the Guava Mousse, it was delicious. However the chocolate ganache (which I had in March) and that lime cheesecake were beyond perfection.
I want to eat here EVERY TRIP. That's how much I love this place. I think it has taken the spot of "our favorite signature".
Ok, now I REALLY need to go to Tiffins next summer. I wonder what my 14 year old niece will think of it?

ABRACADABAR
My favourite!

We woke up early for our last full day in the parks and went directly to MK. We didn't get there for RD but still headed directly to one of my seasonal favorites: JINGLE CRUISE!!
I would love to do this one day!

Seared Scallops with Roasted Corn and Butterbean Succotash and Chili-Chipotle Butter Sauce:
Looks amazing!

Savory Caramelized Onion and Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese Tart with Cold Arugula salad and Aged Balsamic:
I would love this too!

After that I decided that I most definitely had room for one final F&W dessert before we left Epcot for good for this trip. It was a tough decision but I landed at the Flavors from Fire booth and got the Chocolate Picante-Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder, and Raspberry Dust:
Love that flavour combo and those chocolate sculptures are spectacular!

I know I posted this picture before but I love it! Even though I look like I have no idea what I'm doing. Kari and Jason are used to having Casey tell them to pose; my boys don't tell me to "strike a pose". And if I told them to do so they would walk out of the room! I may need to borrow a little girl so I can practice my pose for next time :goodvibes
Best. Picture. Ever.

he Florida Key Lime Pie: Baked in a Graham Cracker Tart Shell served with fresh Strawberries and a Quenelle of Sweet Mandarin Sorbet
Will hope this still on the menu in 2019 as it is my DH's fave.

The bus ride there was probably my favorite bus ride in awhile, because we had the pleasure of meeting Kathy @KathyM2 and her daughter Alexis when Kathy recognized me :cool2: And luckily it wouldn't be the only time we got to see each other on the trip!
So fun!

As soon as Ricky stood up to meet her, she started jumping up and down and then gave him a hug. Again, such a good sport! I will say as reported here often, the character interaction was really, really good.
Great picture!

Really hoping they're still putting Walt's quotes on cups when I'm there in just over a month!
I love these!

I can understand your Christmas craziness and still trying to get plans made of NYE. We were at Disney all last week until Christmas Eve and because of all that we weren't really all that prepared for Christmas itself. Luckily DW and I are both in education so we didn't have school all week this week, which has been really nice to recover from the trip!

Great morning at MK so far. I've become a fan of morning EMH's as well after years of thinking I should avoid them, but you can get a lot done and stay ahead of the crowds if you get there on time. Can't wait for more!

We bribed Chris to ride RnRc for the first time:

chrisrcr-jpg.275358
Priceless!

the star was the herbed dipping oil that went with it.
Sounds wonderful!

Ricky was beginning to not feel well
Oh no.

Mama's Caesar Salad: crisp Romaine Lettuce, creamy Parmesan Dressing, and Herb Croutons:
I love me a good Caesar salad!

I don't think it's as bad as some of the reviews lead you to believe, but it is most definitely not on a level with Via Napoli or even Tutto Italia and NOWHERE NEAR Il Mulino.
Mom and I did MM in 2007. I remember it being fine but noth8ng spectacular. Chad and I really enjoyed Via Napoli this past June. Yum!

We did manage to make it to Epcot right as they were letting everyone in, so we got a bonus ride on TT before our later FP.
Nice move!

Behold the Grey Goose Strawberry Slush, and we didn't have to go to WS to get it!!!!
Yum. I need one of those right about now!

Let me just
share this one picture of Chris, we rode SE together and my picture didn't show up so we got this:

img_6858-jpg.277743
That just may be one Chris too many. ;) LOL

a plain old unsweetened ice tea for me since the heat had started bothering me again in Epcot :sad2:
This was the trouble I ran into this year. Since I had my drinking partner with me, I partook (is that a word?) more than ever before but I think the heat in combination caused dehydration and made me feel ill a few times. Kind of stinks but I will need to drink more water in between adult beverages on future trips.

Macho Nachos: Loaded with seasoned ground beef, shredded cheddar jack cheese, queso, black been corn salsa and pickled jalapenos drizzled with avocado ranch and served with a side of sour cream

img_6888-jpg.279145
That looks AH-MAZING!

I meant to order these sans jalepenos because I'm not much of a jalepeno fan but I forgot. No worries, these were some of the best nachos we've ever had!
I was thinking I would prefer it with jalapeños so glad to hear it was good with.

Andi and I shared at BoG and it was fine for that price! I agree it was okay once especially for a pre park ADR, otherwise one and done.

I agree about EMH at MK, one that is so worth it.

We love Casey’s yum!

I got the Croque Madame: Open-faced Ham Sandwich topped with a Fried Egg, Gruyere Cheese, and Bechamel served with Fresh Fruit:

img_7127-jpg.290964

That ham looks like deli meat ham. Definitely not worth $25!

Steve ordered the Open-Faced Bacon and Egg Sandwich: Poached Eggs, Applewood Bacon, Brie Cheese, and Arugula on a Croissant served with Fresh Fruit:

img_7128-jpg.290965
There’s so much honeydew in that bowl it disgusts me.

When Steve and I had our Gaston's cinnamon rolls in Nov. he did comment that these would have been fine "instead of BOG breakfast in August" (thanks for acknowledging my ADR efforts, dude!) but I do agree, I think from now on we'll st
In his defense, a Gaston’s cinnamon roll is better than just about any other breakfast.

Did you like Jumanji? Kathy and I really enjoyed it.
I agree BOG is overpriced but we enjoyed our breakfast.
Love you picture with @KathyM2 and her DD.
Casey’s is always good Kathy loves their nachos.

YES!!!! The BEST!!!! For sure. That, or I am always up for a dole whip for breakfast.
I probably shouldn't admit this here but...............I'm not a Dole Whip fan :duck:It's not that I totally don't like it but there's so much more there that I enjoy more! It's ok but doesn't do anything for me. One of those huge ice cream sandwiches with the chocolate chip cookies that they make at Sleepy Hollow for breakfast? Yes, please!

I have the smallest appetite, so we go and get 1 entre for DH to eat-while I drink coffee, eat his fruit and snack on the pastries (he only does muffins)! So for us we get value, but I can appreciate a normal family finding it crazy expensice.
Now that does sound like it's worth it! If I could watch Steve eat an entree and not want one for myself we could do that, too lol. And I can see someone with a small appetite or at least a small morning appetite just doing coffee and snacking on the pastries and that would definitely make it worth it plus getting in PPO.

And being from the Midwest, the snow falling in the windows is nothing unusual to see.
And being from NY snow falling is common for us to see also; in fact, we're supposed to see some fall Thursday and again next Monday into Tuesday!

I don't understand they have to put arugula on everything. I can take it or leave it.
I'm with you, I end up asking for it to be left off anything I order that's supposed to come with it; just not my thing.

I have an 8 am ADR for BOG in April and I can't decide if I want to keep it or not, and your review didn't help :rotfl:
:laughing: sorry!

he MK opens at 9 that day so we'd get in an hour early, but two days later we have and EMM reservation, so I think we might skip this one….or we're going to keep it…argh! I guess I'll have to run it by DD who is really the only one who helps me make dining/fp decisions :P
I was going to say it it'd get you in for a couple rides on 7DMT you may as well keep it, but since you're doing EMH.......yeah, better leave it up to DD :) I don't regret doing it our first time at all because we DID get two rides on the Mine Train and then went right to PP and still arrived there just as the hordes were running towards it, so it was worth it. This breakfast wasn't PPO so other than being out of the heat and having the boys try a new meal there it didn't serve a purpose lol

That sure is one, big wiener!!!! HAHAHA!
:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter